• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much Methadone first time?

pixxie-trip

Greenlighter
SWIM (my pet horse) has a 60mg Methadone pill and knows not to take it all. She was thinking to crush it and divide it into x amount. SWIM has lots of experience with other drugs but the only experience my horse has with opioids/ opiates is taking 15mg of Oxycodone which felt nice but she thinks would've felt best at 20mg. My horse has also taken Oxycontin A WHILE ago, and has drank quite a bit of Promethazine/ Codeine on 3 different occasions.
SWIM is a 120 lb 5'2 female and was wondering how many mg of Methadone she could safely take to feel nice.

I would probably split that into three even doses and take it crushed in a parachute. Snorting that shit burns like FUCK ALL! worse than snorting meth. Taste is just as bad a xannies... parachute or drop as a pill is best IME. Not as intense as oxys either. 20 will get you about almsot to the pint that 15mils of oxy will.
Fuck, wish I was ther to hang out with 'your horse', lol
have fun, mehtadone is longer lasting, you know? so don't do a bunch more an hour later, wait for it, it comes on slow...

Treat it as you would oxycodone though remember that it is slightly stronger.

Under no circumstances should you re dose until waiting a full 2hrs and a preferable 4hrs (peak effects). The second dose will be stronger by 2x due to the build up, you'll find out what I mean. The 25mg you take today will be much weaker than the same 25mg you take the next day, since methadone will still be in your system.

The oral dose for someone without a tolerance should be between 0.05-0.1mg per kilogram bodyweight, you can OD with as little as 0.3-0.5mg per kg bodyweight.

Last edited:
STOP. DO NOT TAKE. There is no such thing as a 60 mg Methadone pill. The highest they go is 40 mg, and those are ONLY RX'd in hospital or clinical situations. Per your last post you have no idea what you have, and I do not recommend taking something if you have no idea what it is This is very dangerous. Please do not do this.

STOP. DO NOT TAKE. There is no such thing as a 60 mg Methadone pill. The highest they go is 40 mg, and those are ONLY RX'd in hospital or clinical situations. Per your last post you have no idea what you have, and I do not recommend taking something if you have no idea what it is This is very dangerous. Please do not do this.

I'm afraid she has already taken 20mg of this substance, I hope she will be alright :/

I'm afraid she has already taken 20mg of this substance, I hope she will be alright :/

If it is methadone, worse case scenario is she took less than she was aiming for, however, in her other thread she said there were no markings on the pills so there is no way to know what she has, it could be anything from methadone to atropine. Never take something if you are not 100% on what it is.

20 mg is more than enough as you are not dependant or tolerant. They start addicts at that dose at the done clinics. Honestly you should probably inform someone to check in on you while sleeping to make sure you are breathing. Better to be safe than sorry although I don't think there is reasons to worry just take precautions. If you start having difficulty breathing get to the ER (do not drive yourself while intoxicated at WCS call an ambulance). IMO ten mg would've been ok

I haven't yet taken any, @Mad Dash I recently asked him if it was 60mg and he said that it was 40mg, I guess I had just gotten confused. @kleinerkiffer thank you for your concern. @tacodude yeah, I did more research and decided 20mg was way too high of an amount to start with. I already crushed it and was thinking to divide it into 1/5ths and take one portion = to 8mg, seems low enough to be on the safe side and high enough to feel something. What do you think? At the time I will be taking the methadone, I would have taken 3mg of xanax 40 hours before, considering the length between consumption the benzo shouldn't mess with the opioid, right? Also I was thinking to take the 8mg at 6:30 am, and go back to sleep until 8 just so that the probable effects will kick in sooner after getting up. I'm pretty sure this isn't dangerous as I just read a post with a question something like this and they were told it was safe, I just wanted another opinion?

Methadone is not going to feel nice like Oxy, Methadone is made for detox and some pain relief and has no euphoria effects at all and is the main reason it is prescribed to addicts. I would not take it.

Five mg is the lowest they script for pain management if I'm not mistaken so eight sounds OK. Just remember it will cause sleep inducing, nodding, and respritory depression on a much more severe degree than oxycodone as it binds to the Mu opiate receptor while oxycodone is more selective to the kappa although the little bit that converters into oxymorphone binds to the Mu as well although still it does not compare to how methadone binds to the receptor nor how tightly it binds. Just be mindful about the respritory depression and definitely have someone around to check on you while sleeping if you can as it comes on slow (2-4 hours especially in the pill form although you will likely feel something within thirty, but remember it will build and build so do not redose for three hours if not four hours) although it can come on strong and lead to hours of nodding. If you can't have anyone around write a note to leave with you while sleeping saying, "If I am not breathing in my sleep it is due to X mg methadone" so if things go wrong alone at least there is something to explain to others what is going on. You do not want to OD on methadone as it will build to slowly making it harder and harder to breath while you get closer to sleep possibly realizing what's going on and wishing it was not happening although likely you wouldn't know and fall asleep while the methadone stops your breathing for hours and hours making it very unlikely to survive unless someone repeatedly hits you with narcan like every 30-60 minutes as the methadone will last much longer than the narcan so every time it wears off the methadone will rebind and stop your breathing again. Literally imagine being thrown into withdrawals every thirty.... Although I doubt you have ever dealt with serious withdrawals making it much harder to imagine.

Seriously be careful..... I wouldn't be surprised if methadone caused more OD than heroin possibly even fent as a lot of OD happen when people think they can handle a shot on top of the methadone or else don't realize how long it lasts and then shoots up not realizing the methadone still in the system will potentiate with what was injected or even just eaten. Be very careful methadone is no joke..... Also consider it was developed by nazi Germany when the states cut off their opiate supply so IMO taking methadone is pretty much supporting nazi Germany. It's a stretch although I'm Jewish so it really leaves me with a bad feeling to think that I'm using nazi opiates.

Edit: You shouldn't have to worry about the Xanax as it should be fully metabolized after 40 hours, but do not take any more as Xanax and methadone killed an old members child when they were given both not knowing what it was as the people that gave it to him didn't even inform him what he took exactly.

Try to wait at least two if not three hours before bed to make sure your breathing is OK. I doubt 8 mg should be too much although some people are sensitive so really you never know. Like I have repeatedly stated.... Inform someone that you are taking that dose and to check on you even if via text messages. Methadone OD is gnarly and requires intensive medical care as like I said methadone binds and stays on the synapse way longer so the narcan will only help for thirty minutes or so before it has to be reapplied. A slow constant narcan IV (like 1-2 mg over a half hour until the methadone is finally metabolized). Seriously be careful

Last edited:
Don't take any benzos for 3 days at the min just to be safe 'done has a hell of a half life. I know you already dosed 20mg but next time maybe try 10mg. When I had no opiate tolerance 10-12mg would do me real good. When I had a bundle a day habit I could get by on 30mg if I had to, its really potent

They did not dose 20 mg already. Please read EVERY post before replying as you may just be making suggesting based upon a situation that isn't as severe as you thought.

Not saying methadone is not serious as it is super serial... I'm being totally super serial. Methadone is not a joke nor manbearpig (inappropriate joke I know I just had to. Really though methadone is no joke unlike manbearpig.)

Go with 5mg. That's the first dose I've ever taken (first opioid experience) and didn't feel much, but I'm also bigger than you (I'm a guy) and I usually have a greater "natural" tolerance than other people. I don't find methadone to be great tbh, might be that I've never felt it properly even at 30 mg doses but I much prefer heroin/buprenorphine.

Even with a daily morphine habit for 2 plus years, when i took three 5mg pills my first day on methadone I was super high. Actually for like 5 days in a row I was very high. I would think even 15mg would be way too much for an opiate naive person, probably make you puke. Maybe die? 5mg with some weed would be ideal imho.

I took about 10-12 mg at 7am today, at around 8:30am I got a very very very slight drunk kind of vision that lasted about 2 minutes and this gave me anxiety. The anxiety went away by 9am and then I just felt a bit odd, I think just emotionally numb until around 1:30pm. I then developed a headache and developed nausea at around 3pm and currently have them both. I do believe this is normal with any kind of opiate use but want to make sure. I'm also quite tired, normal? Would it be fine to go to sleep? Also I know about how it has a half life but not all the details, would I be fine to double this dosage the day after tomorrow? @tacodude what do you mean by waiting 2/3 hours to go to bed right after taking it? If it has it's peak in 4 hours, wouldn't that be kind of pointless?
Sorry for all the questions I just have very little knowlege about methadone.

I just have very little knowlege about methadone.
Don't take drugs you have little or no knowledge about.
would I be fine to double this dosage the day after tomorrow?
No, the half life is between 9-56 hours, normally around 36hours,so the day after tomorrow you still have some methadone in your system and 20-24mg could be too much for an opioid naive person.

Yes nausea is normal when taking opioids for the first few times