Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How much Magnesium do you take?

badrobot114

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

wanted to ask how much Magnesium do you take to lessen/eliminate the jaw clenching? I took 500mg of a glycinate/oxide formulation(NOW brand) with zinc and calcium(10mg zinc, don't remember how much calcium) and can't say it helped too much.

Magnesium oxide is extremely inefficient, try and get chelated magnesium if you can.

I find transdermal magnesium more effective than anything, and I've been using it for months now. It has the added benefit of being able to administer it via whatever part of the body is ailing. So if you get jaw clenching you can spray it on your jaw, rub it in, and it will help directly, while still giving you your daily dose.

I find transdermal magnesium more effective than anything, and I've been using it for months now. It has the added benefit of being able to administer it via whatever part of the body is ailing. So if you get jaw clenching you can spray it on your jaw, rub it in, and it will help directly, while still giving you your daily dose.

the body absorbs magnesium transdermally superiorly relative to oral ROA. Epsom salt baths are amazing, and there's even magnesium in topical cream form, which works really well too

I don't take any. Watching you and your mates gurn is all part of the fun!

I love gurning as much as the next guy tbh, but I do get them -very- bad sometimes and my girlfriend gets them even worse. making it hard to talk and causing jaw aches for a few days later. it's nice to have an option for a fix if needed(gum can only do so much, you get tired of chewing it after a few hours and i won't be caught dead with a pacifier in my mouth)

I'll try the transdermal formulations next time, cheers :)

I usually take 1000mg of elemental magnesium, or just 500mg just I usually take 500mg a day anyway to try to combat RLS

^ No sources, sorry. Yeah, even for vitamins haha.. not my idea.

You can mention the brand, but no links

im really picky about my vitamins, only really use the Charles Poliquin brand

I've never taken Magnesium before rolling but I wish I would've, Jaw clenching is awful. I've heard that 500mg-1000mg is the best amount taken, maybe 500mg the day before 500mg day of. Also I heard that taking too much magnesium can bring about cramps? Anyone else heard this?

I've never taken Magnesium before rolling but I wish I would've, Jaw clenching is awful. I've heard that 500mg-1000mg is the best amount taken, maybe 500mg the day before 500mg day of. Also I heard that taking too much magnesium can bring about cramps? Anyone else heard this?

Nope. Magnesium actually works against muscle cramping. It can make you take a shit tho, so i would start with 500mg before.