• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How much Lyrica for a first timer?

MomaDance

Bluelighter
For those of you with experience with this drug I pose a question.... what would you recommend dosage wise if I’ve never taken Lyrixa before. I guess my goal would be relaxation then a good nights sleep.

DO NOT TRY 600MG!!

I took 150mg my first time and really felt that.

Randomly, years later, some girl gave me a 300mg and a couple hours later I had the most severe lack of motor control of my life. It was AWFUL. To be fair, I had had a moderate amount of gin, too.

600 is still way too much for a first timer. I'd say 150 and if you're not feeling good after 2 hours then try another 75-150.

You will also feel it the next day if you take it in thr evening, so i wouldn't advise driving if you still feel wonky the next morning!
150mg first time, definitely!! Max!

DO NOT TRY 600MG!!

I took 150mg my first time and really felt that.

Randomly, years later, some girl gave me a 300mg and a couple hours later I had the most severe lack of motor control of my life. It was AWFUL. To be fair, I had had a moderate amount of gin, too.
im so sorry to say this- but i fucking laughed at your terrible experience because ive had the exact same one because one night i decided to sit there and simply gulp down a bunch every little bit with gabapentin aswell only to end up unable to walk straight to save my life haha

but that said, i reccomend 300mg, then 600

it's not a super dangerous drug but will cause effects similar to being drunk but only for your body, youd probably still be able to think straight.

gabapentin is more likely to cause negative effects however, pregabalin is aight

ive taken about 2000mg-3000mg total over the last 24 hours and haven't experienced negative effects

First time I took it 75mg fked me up, i got manic from them
i can't believe you get such effects..........................
i have to take a single dose of 900-1200 somtimes i take 1600mg to get where i need to be....

although i do enjoy my lyrica, i'll often dose 500-900 mg throughout the day on certain days esp if i use stims ^^

Edit reason: you know, morph.

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't believe you get such effects..........................
i have to take a single dose of 900-1200 somtimes i take 1600mg to get where i need to be....

although i do enjoy my lyrica, i'll often dose 500-900 mg throughout the day on certain days esp if i use stims ^^

Edit reason: you know, morph.

Yes i get manic, not sedated , acts like a stimulant to me and not in a fun way

Yeah idk everybody metabolizes differently and there are some crazy high numbers being thrown around for a first-timer. Lyrica makes me manic and just is not fun, but when combined with my Oxy it has sedating effects which I can't really explain. 600mg is what I take and I have a high tolerance. My first time, 75mg was fine. I would not exceed 150mg for a first-time. But why not go lower anyway? If I could get the same effects from 75mg that I now get from 600mg I'd be ecstatic. We have this odd notion that we should start high but it is backwards. I have a military buddy who still has his pain managed well by 10mg Hydro because he never abused it. Granted he is a lucky guy to have a low tolerance but yeah... start low.

Thank you all for your informative responses. This is truly a community that cares about one another and HARM reduction. ?

appearently im the only one who can sit there and take 1kmg+ doses and just relax? why is that.. kinda bullshit

even when i first used it... i didnt get recreational effects til i used 900 if i rememer correctly, but now i've learned 500 chills me out so i can relax
but ik people are tripping out on 300mg 0_o

Last edited:
Honestly, I would start at 75mg and add another 75mg if necessary. I only take Lyrica twice a week and I usually take 150mg. I use it to potentiate my PKs