View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How much LSD is a good trip?

awsw129

Greenlighter
SWIM is getting some LSD at 100 ug. SWIM is going to trip at friends house with friend. Swim and friend never done LSD and don't know how much to try. Swim has sampled research chemical cid about 18 times. Swim swore to never do RC's again because he seen alot of people OD and permafry themselves. Swim was wondering how much he should take, he was thinking 100 ug and get baked with it. Will that be enough? Friend has a very big pool is it a good idea for them to trip and swim in the pool?

I would say a single 100ug dose, if it is dosed as such, would be a fine introduction to LSD if you've tried other psychedelics before.

100ug will be enough, especially if it's your first time. Personally, I get off on higher doses, and lower doses give me more of the negatives and less of the positives, but I'm very experienced.

Yeh, all these dosage scandals had me questioning just how much is actually on a tab. Yet one was consistently not enough and two was just right. Hmm...wth.

If you know how to swim, SWIM, then it should be fine. Just know whether or not you're at a level where you don't throw away common sense. If you can tell the difference between a forest and a lake, you'll know you're in a pool and able to kick some to stay afloat. Lol.

And I wonder what people you chill with? Getting perma-fried from just an lsd trip leads me to believe those same peeps would get perma-fried from reading a poem by Chaucer. They couldn't handle it. But when one gets used to it, it's not that big of a deal. Some perceptual changes, audial/visual hallucinations, etc. The works. 12 hours...psshh, not that long. If you're in it, then might as well have some fun with it.

Of course, I'm being half sarcastic. High doses of lsd can twist your mind. Just follow basic safety tips from some of the resources found here, and don't be irresponsible. Treat these substances with respect and you may get something good out of them. :)

I use small doses on the first experience from any batch of drugs. With blotter LSD the blotter could contain another chemical or contain an unexpectedly large dose. Consuming an estimated amount of 25ug-50ug as an allergy test is reasonable. You could use higher doses other times.

Last edited:
Welcome to bluelight. We don't use terms like SWIM or write about ourselves in the third person when it comes to personal drug use in the present, past, or future.

It depends. I enjoyed using actual LSD at all doses including very high/high, moderate, and low. I personally would consider 100ug to be a low dose. Make sure you are actually getting LSD.

Inexperienced users should not dose above 200ug with LSD I'd say but not lower than 80ug. While there are plenty of cases out there of successful 300ug+ first time trips I think for the general consensus it's best to try LSD a few times and assess yourself with it before pushing it into the 300ug range.

Having said that, 300-450ug is were LSD really shines for me and is more likely to trigger a more powerful trip with a more defined integration period. Setting is key, as long as you get setting fine with acid and you're feeling comfortable going with the experience you'll have a great time.

^ I agree... 300 to 400 is the sweet spot... My first time was unforgettable 250 to 300ug...