• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How Much Loperamide to Cross the Blood-Brain Barrier?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've found a place to get cheap generic Loperamide (instead of the ridiculously super-priced Imodium) and as I hadn't tried them before I only bought a small amount (72 x 2mg capsules), which was less than half the price of just 6 Imodium.
I'm prescribed DHC by my G.P. but I never last the week (it's a weekly script) even with getting MS60s off my neighbour, I always end up with 24-48 hours of cold turkey at the end of every week.
I sometimes use small amounts of loperamide either throughout the week so I can take less DHC or to help withdrawal at the end of the week.
But how much Loperamide do you need for it to start crossing the BBB? Either to potentiate the DHC or to stay well (maybe a little bit of a buzz)?

Me personally, would take the whole 72 box. For a real cheap price try Costco. Remember, it takes like two hours to kick in. (Costco is 5.99 for 400)

Me personally, would take the whole 72 box. For a real cheap price try Costco. Remember, it takes like two hours to kick in. (Costco is 5.99 for 400)
Imo, dont take More than 40mg. U can have heart problems if u go above thst dose. Personally, i have a 100mg pure Morphine IV addiction AND when i dont have my ampoules. 20mg Is enough to hold me for 24 hrs. Good luck man btw you should try gabapentin or pregabalin those meds are a god send for wds.

I've been taking 16mg (8 pills) along with my Dihydrocodeine and it definitely increases it's effects. It also extends DHC's half-life noticeably which is fantastic because DHC has a half-life of only 3.5 hours.
I have medical history of addiction (several years ago) to beno's and opioids (and alcohol) so my doctor said he is "loathe to prescribe me Gabapentin or Pregabalin" so it's not likely. I'm hoping next appointment (via phone due to Corona, and I feel more confident on the phone than in person) and try and persuade him to at least let me have a trial on Pregabalin as I have both PTSD and chronic nerve pain.
If he still says no, I'm gonna explain all this to my psych doctor and have him send my GP a recommendation for it. My GP get's the final say in it, but he is more likely to listen to another medical professional than he is to me.

I took 20mg (10 pills) last night along with my last dose of opioid and didn't wake up in withdrawal for the first time since I was on methadone (4 years ago).
So I'm pretty please. People seem to be saying it lasts for a good two days, so I shouldn't need anything more until tomorrow night/Tuesday morning? I get my next script on Tuesday.
The one issue is (I've been taking like 8mg doses to potentiate my DHC) I haven't pooped in 5 or 6 days (I'm usually pretty regular, like 2-3 times a day). I look like I'm approaching my second trimester. Will it be okay to take either my stool-softeners (Sodium Docusate) or my laxative (Senna)? I wanna get rid of the constipation but I don't want the laxative and the anti-diarrhyl to fight it out in my gut resulting in awful cramps and IBS-type issues?

If it was me, I'd just hold off on taking any more opioids until nature takes it course. With the loperamide it should be a gradual return to withdrawals as it wears off and somewhere along the way your bowels will start flowing. If you are really really constipated then it's a bit too late for stool softeners to help much ime, I mean they will help loosen stuff further up but the really hard compacted stuff near the end won't suddenly get all soft and mushy.