• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how much longer will these shrooms last in the freezer?

tazz20

Bluelighter
So I have a bit of dried shrooms in the freezer. While I've been told that unnecessary and damaging I have also read that people still store them like that successfully. I've had these in the freezer since December 2019. Theyre in their original little sealed baggies in a bigger sealed baggy in tupperware(figured this layering can keep them safe). Are they good for several more months? I think I opened the lid once just to check on them.

I want to take them before they go bad. The issue is due to the quarantine of covid19 I am limited to where I can safely trip and who would be willing to look after me. I'm told I should take them soon before they lose potency but I want more opinions.

People are saying I will be fine tripping alone but I do not know. I've only ever done shrooms once but it was only a gram and this was on a full stomach, also was drinking alcohol and smoking weed before it so idk how maybe 1.5g of this stuff would compare in experience. In total, I'm thinking alone I would probably want to trip on no more than 2g. I don't want to rush into tripping but I'm just wondering how much longer I can keep these? I'd like to wait for the right time so I can have a more full experience. But if it means not going to waste I may have to do a smaller dose if I can only do it alone. I have around 2.8g stored (which I got for free) and I want to use these before they go bad.

They will remain at a similiar level of potency reached after drying for year or 2 no problem. As long as you keep them in contant temp and minimal sunlight. In freezer these comditions are met.

Another method for long term storage is honey, it will not go off. Just another approach ypu can use. Mine are freezered and it works well.

I havent tried the honey method but i understand you can retain some Psilocin that degrades when drying as you can store in honey fresh.

First i hear about this...Freezing them? I just tend to keep the bag around on regular temperature........dried offcourse

btw. maybe a crazy question but what exactly is the difference between dried and fresh shrooms physically?? I'm assuming these were considered dried...

^Only water content.

Freezing is fine. Another good method of preservation is placing them in glass jars and covering them with honey.

They will be potent for many years if not neglected. Simply keep them away from excessive light, heat, and moisture.

Eat the mushrooms alone. They won't hurt you, quite the opposite.

All 3ish grams at once. I bet you wont regret it.