• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much kratom should I take to get euphoria?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
So I got this 1oz bag of Maeng DA kratom powder from the smoke shop after hearing all these good reviews online. At first I took 3 grams, didn't really feel anything, then 5 grams made me feel a little calm, then I tried 6 grams basically with the same affect as 5 grams.. I've been using the "toss and wash" method and I weigh it out on a scale before hand.
I know its really a controversial question but about how much would I have to take to experience a good euphoria? I have a pretty high tolerance for opiates if that means anything, usually take about 150mg of Oxy IR at a time... Thanks in advance!

When u try it let me know how it goes. I'm curious of other experiences

You usually take 150mg of oxy at a time? If so I'm afraid kratom won't really work like it should, you could still feel some effects but your tolerance is way too high.
In your case it could be useful for opiate WD though, but not really recreationally.

Also headshop/smokeshop kratom is generally not very good, it's best to buy it online from a specialized vendor.
I take 3 to 4 grams at a time and it works really well. Some people need more, some need less, you just have to find your sweet spot.

want to warn there is a small population of people whose liver cannot handle kratom. as it sounds like you're going to be taking massive doses, keep an eye out for any abdominal pain and stop immediately if you feel it. takes a week or two of use before you'll know, but you'll definitely know.

i wonder if your oxy tolerance hasn't made that basically impossible
been considering giving krat a go but after years of on/off heroin use i don't think it'll be worth it

Yea opioid tolerance like that is gonna make it so you probably won't get much out of it. Though you may still get the gentle stimulation Kratom offers which can be nice (kinda like drinking coffee but better imo), you just probably won't feel enough in the way of any opioid effects. But you never know.

Also, I didn't get much out of Kratom the first few times I took it. I don't know if it was some sort of reverse tolerance like effect or it just took me a few tries before I became fully aware of the effects. Dont know if it was like that for other people though...

UPDATE. Yesterday I took 8 grams on a completely empty stomach (at least 10 hours of not eating) and it was great! I would absolutely compare it to a low dose of hydrocodone. Its also very good for pain relief as well as I have bad knee issues. Its just has to be taken on a COMPLETELY empty stomach, but it works!

Dealing with the same thing as you are but on a much smaller scale so my input may be of no help but I've been taking Oxy 30s a half a day sometimes more, for at least a year and a half now and if I couldn't get my hands on any I would take a few (3-5) Vikes usually 10mg or percocets, anyways oxy has been in my system for awhile and it's getting so costly I wanted to try kratom to get off it, I tried a gram and not much happened so the next day I mixed 4.5g in some chocolate milk drank the horrible textured drink & within 20min I had a lovely head high, maybe equivalent to a couple hydros. I'm afraid how my liver will react or else I would injest more because so far it has been very pleasant effects and no bad side effects... But I heard jaundice and liver failure could be right around t he corner...

This passed week or so I've been extensively researching the effects kratom has on the liver and from what I've been reading over and over again, it has no negative effects whatsoever. Idk how that rumor got out there but from the dozens of articles I've read its completely safe.

^first two google results of "mitragynine hepatotoxicity" ...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4849036/
"Although in both cases the available data were significantly suggestive of kratom induced hepatotoxicity, the authors of both studies due to the lack of scientific data on the toxicity of kratom in humans, were cautious in confirming unequivocally this association"

https://livertox.nih.gov/Kratom.htm
"Chronic use of kratom recreationally has been associated with rare instances of acute liver injury. The onset of injury is usually within 2 to 8 weeks of starting regular use of kratom powder or tablets, with symptoms of fatigue, nausea, pruritus and dark urine followed by jaundice. The pattern of liver injury is typically cholestatic and can be severe with serum bilirubin levels rising above 20 mg/dL. The severe cholestasis can be accompanied by acute renal failure and bone marrow toxicity. Fever is common, but not rash or eosinophilia and autoantibodies are usually absent. The cholestasis can be prolonged, but usually resolves spontaneously. Corticosteroids have been used in cases of suspected kratom hepatotoxicity, but their efficacy is unproven."

Last edited:
Depends on quality, which varies widely. It's not uncommon for a novice to need 10+ grams to get the most out of it. First time I tried, barely felt anything with 6 grams. Did 12 next time which did the trick.

I agree 100% with this. As strange as it may sound, 15 grams of kratom did nothing for me the first time I tried it, and I have seen several others have the same experience. Now, after using it regularly for well over a year, if I abstain a few days a week, I still get very good results from 8 grams or so.

Kratom results do vary wildly, though. I've gotten shitty kratom from both head shops and online where 10+ grams did next do nothing, and I've gotten very good kratom via both sources, where 5 grams did the trick. Sometimes even the same brand and/or vendor will seem to be inconsistent.

Hello everyone!!! Been reading the forums on here for years looking for different inputs to make the best decisions with things......Now on Kratom subject. I've tried it with a friend few years back, twice, did absolutely nothing. So I thought it's bunch of rubbish for ppl that that would just feel the placebo effect etc. However, I've gotten some this week, tried about 10gs and it did nothing. So I've read about the empty stomach "rule" abd tried same, about 10gs this morning and within 30 min i got a nice head high. I guess it's not bad, I've tried almost every substance available out there. Although, I don't get why ppl are comparing it to an opioid night. To me it's nothing like it. I mainly her the head high, but not that warm fuzzy, melting like butter feeling. Idk if that's just me, but am I right here? Is that how it feels? The way I do......had ( white Bali in the morning and tried Maeng Da just 40 min ago) same feeling. Just a head rush, no body euphoria what so ever. Am I doing something wrong here? I've had tried all real opioid meds out there from codeine to oxymorphone( opana) before and it's a way different feeling. Any input would be greatly appreciated.....Peace and Love to every 1!!!