• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much is to much Seroquel?

Yes, Glitter Kiss, low doses of Seroquel are commonly used for sleep. It looses that effect at higher doses and some people find it to be very stimulating at high doses.

I developed dystonia so badly on high doses of Seroquel that I was unable to swallow properly or walk properly. The capper was when my legs locked up on me at 2AM in my kitchen. I fell and broke my foot and several toes. I had to crawl to where my cellphone was on the kitchen table and call EMS as I was completely unable to get back on my feet due to muscle rigidity. I was hauled into the local hospital in ratty t-shirt and panties, wrapped in a blanket, and grilled about what drugs I was on by a snotty resident who didn't want to believe that i was on RX meds at RX dosing. It took a considerable amount of IV Benzos and IV Benadryl to unlock my muscles enough for them to set my foot and put it in a boot. I still have trouble with that foot years later as the "frozen" muscles tore when I went down.

And Seroquel is consider to be one of the "gentler" atypical antipsychotics out there. After failing Seroquel on top of failing Risperadol and Zyprexa, i was put on old fashioned antipsychotics, Haldol and Loxapine, which did the job, but caused movement disorders that thankfully are clearing up as i'm being weaned off those drugs and onto a new AAP called Latuda. Latuda is the first of the meds designed to treat bipolar. I am still titrating up on dosage, but so far so good other than feeling rather weird after every dosage increase. I am hoping that therapeutic dosage does the trick and that i can tolerate it. If so, and it holds good for 6 months. My doctor and i want to antempt to get me off of benzos using what she refers to as a "Diazapam taper". She seems to feel she can get me off the benzos slowly without risking my physical or mental health.

Personally I find it highly annoying that I got through several years of heavy recreational drug use without picking up a habit, and then managed to get hooked on benzos taking them undcer medical supervision and not "abusing" them.

Any amount of Seroquel is too much, if you ask me. 25mg can be enough to trigger akathisia and restlessness in sensible people and this is somewhat like a warning sign... one won't get tardive dyskinesia from using Seroquel for sleep probably, but why on earth don't just use the OTC diphenhydramine or doxylamine antihistamines (the reason why Seroquel is sedating is because it antagonises histamine H1 receptors).

:) This is not meant against yours by any means ... it's about the doctors who I really don't understand.

thanks guys for all ur help. im off that Seroquel! taking my drugs as Rxed to me and yah i think i'll be able to hang in there. Vistaril, besides being so similar to other antihistamines, actually is really good, maybe its just enhancing the Lyrica and Clonidine as well as the Depakote that I'm on.... and i dont know, when does BuSpar start to work? they say over time...... lol but i dont take any more Seroquel, OTC stuff is enough for sleep lol, and yah....... i will stick to my Rx Guidelines and look forward to allowing my brain to recover!! lol

Buspar is nasty stuff. I've talked to a lot of people who had bad reactions to it. It especially doesn't seem to mix well with bipolar. When i trialed it, it made me climb the walls. It also made me irritable and aggressive; and while i do get irritable when I'm hypomanic, aggressive is NOT a part of my personality.

I tend to withdraw and avoid people who trigger aggression in me. On Buspar, I was spoiling for an argument the whole time I was on it.

Buspar is nasty stuff. I've talked to a lot of people who had bad reactions to it. It especially doesn't seem to mix well with bipolar. When i trialed it, it made me climb the walls. It also made me irritable and aggressive; and while i do get irritable when I'm hypomanic, aggressive is NOT a part of my personality.

I tend to withdraw and avoid people who trigger aggression in me. On Buspar, I was spoiling for an argument the whole time I was on it.

It's interesting because most people talk about how much Buspar is complete shit! But i disagree for me. When I take Buspar, I get a nice serotonin sensation / rush!
I will either take it orally or i snort it. and snorting Buspar with Clonidine is an awesome combo!
Especially my legs and arms get REALLY comfy and relaxed.
.....yah some kinda serotonin rush/buzz is best way for me to describe Buspar. I just love this stuff. and its interesting because it doesn't seem to work so well for most people to say the least!

God I hated seroquel.
Left me feeling like a zombie, I can remember laying in the bed in the mornings and not even being able to lift my hand up or move at all. And the lucid nightmares happened nightly. It's like I was half awake and I knew it was a dream but I still couldn't make it stop.
I went off it and never looked back, whenever a doctor since has suggested it as an option I tell them definetly not. I was shocked in rehab when they gave it out right and left to anyone who said they needed something to sleep. It didn't seem responsible to have someone sitting at a nurses station with no idea of your medical history just passing out anti psychotic meds to just any addict who can't sleep.

My girl was on it for a while. She would take it to fall asleep at night, and she would be out so cold there was absolutely no way to wake her up. Then when she woke up in the morning she would be a zombie for about 8 hours. Seeing the effects it had on her scared me, and I convinced her to switch off it. That stuff is scary and I certainly wouldn't want myself or a loved one taking it.

Funny that you responded and your name is deadelvis, when the dr asked me how I felt on seroquel I described it as "fat Elvis" and he was like, "uh, be more specific..." And I was like, "you know when Elvis was real drugged out on all the barbituates and just laid in bed watching TV and he couldn't tour or anything and everyone thought he was washed up? That's how I feel. And I want you to give me something that makes me feel more like black leather jacket comeback Elvis."
I think he probably consider these visions of grandiosity and that I was literally comparing myself to Elvis but I figured it was a metaphor we could all relate to.

Funny that you responded and your name is deadelvis, when the dr asked me how I felt on seroquel I described it as "fat Elvis" and he was like, "uh, be more specific..." And I was like, "you know when Elvis was real drugged out on all the barbituates and just laid in bed watching TV and he couldn't tour or anything and everyone thought he was washed up? That's how I feel. And I want you to give me something that makes me feel more like black leather jacket comeback Elvis."
I think he probably consider these visions of grandiosity and that I was literally comparing myself to Elvis but I figured it was a metaphor we could all relate to.

LOL. Yeah. Lately I've been feeling a bit like a bloated Elvis Depresley.