• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How much heroin to use for a missed dose of methadose?

Hylian2112

Greenlighter
Hi all. I've been on the methadone program for a few years now and have been doing much better in my life since going through a six year period of being addicted to oxycontin, morphine, and heroin. I'm currently on a 45mg dosage of liquid methadose per day, which I take orally.

About 10 days ago, a friend of mine had $50 worth (0.25g) of what they referred to as 'really good' heroin for sale. I had some money to spare that day, so I grabbed it thinking that I'd put it away in case I ever missed my methadose on a particular day or two, as I start to feel a little bit of withdrawal about 20 hours after my last dose.

Sure enough, it's now ten days later, and I woke up too late for my pharmacy. My particular pharmacy is closed on Mondays and I'm supposed to get a separate one day prescription when I go in for my dose on Sundays; that way, I can go to a different pharmacy for Mondays, and then go back to my regular one on Tuesdays and onward.

It's been over fourteen hours since my last dosage, and I know I'm going to start feeling crappy in a few more hours. Since it's been so long since I've used heroin, I just want to see how much you guys would recommend I do? I realize everyone is different, but an approximation would be helpful. If it helps, I'm approximately six feet tall and 250 pounds. I'll be snorting it, as I do not want to inject it, it's been eight years since I last used a needle and I swore never to touch another one again. And just to add, there's no danger of me going off the methadose and going back to heroin or oxys; there's no way to get anything like that prescribed to me, and I certainly cannot afford to continue buying anything.

Any opinions and help would be appreciated! Thanks!

My opinion is DO NOT TAKE THE GEAR! I know it's not what you want to hear, but because you have it stashed away your addiction is throwing every excuse it can at you to use it. Easier said than done, but just wait for your next methadone pickup. Methadone can hold you for up to 48 hours once it's properly in your system - unless you have a trigger like some dope stashed away. You have to ask yourself why you even bought it in the first place. But because you did, you're now trying to find an excuse to use it. Please don't...

I appreciate the concern, FUBAR, and I get where you're coming from. But as I said, there is literally no danger of me becoming addicted to it again. I want to stay on the methadose while I continue to slowly come down off it, although it's admittedly taking longer than I initially thought, and I absolutely cannot afford to buy any more junk or oxys, nor can I get it prescribed. I've also never been the type of person to do anything I can to get my hands on this stuff. The fact that I had it stashed away for nearly two weeks without giving it another thought until I missed my methadose today should speak volumes.

I just want to confirm a safe amount to do. I'm thinking I should snort about 0.07g and see how that goes, but I just wanted to get an opinion first.

Understood, and you've done bloody well to have it in your possession for that long.

I can't advise you on how much to take as only you know its potency, but you need to wait until you really, truly can't wait anymore, then take the absolute minimum required to ease withdrawal. I was always surprised at how little was required to take the edge off. The trick is to avoid chasing the high.

It would be incredibly hard to reccomend a dose, especially considering so much heroin nowadays has fentanyl in it. If you're on 45 mg of methadone per day, I would maybe want to start with a small amount, like 0.01 to 0.02 grams (10 to 20 milligrams) and go from there.