• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much heroin for first time injecting?

TSLexi

Bluelighter
Hey all!

I may start injecting heroin (not the black tar I currently have; when I use that up, I'll get some China White), and I'd like to know how much I should inject for the first time, in milligrams.

Should I buy some sterile injection solution to mix the heroin in?

Thanks!

0mg. Sorry to be unhelpful but please please just stick to smoking black.

I'm glad you're smart enough not to slam tar - I cringe at how many ppl put that nasty nonsense in their veins.

But why switch to an ROA that can kill you when you can smoke tar to your hearts desire without risk of death?

Anyways, I know that's not the answer you want but I think its the correct answer and the one that reduces harm the most.

Last edited:
dude, first, I'd say.. DONT DO IT!

but you still want to, so then I'd say - TELL US MORE!

how much do you typical smoke? how often? what is your tolerance like? etc.

look at how you just asked that question. think of how stupid it looks. you are asking how much you should do but yet we have no information; how much someone should do is always based around their experience and tolerance; for a complete newbie like yourself, I'd say as LITTLE as possible.

china white? so do very little. what do you have to lose? you can always add more. do you even know how to shoot? are you going to hit a vein?

where do you live?

you left EVERYTHING WE NEED TO KNOW TO GIVE YOU ANY ADVICE; makes me think you are new to all this.

I'm glad you're smart enough not to slam tar - I cringe at how many ppl put that nasty nonsense in their veins.

How are the risks of injection tar use any worse than the risks of injecting any other form of heroin/opioid drug, other than simply how tar looks? The aesthetics of it (injecting a dark-ish liquid directly into your bloodstream) obviously aren't that great but I don't see how it's really any worse than injecting "china white", whatever the hell that is (I thought "china white" referred to fentanyl...?) By comparison the aesthetics of injecting crystal meth are great (it looks like you're simply injecting yourself with distilled water), but I'd personally argue that an IV tar habit is probably less destructive to your overall health than a regular IV meth habit. Unless there is something uniquely bad about tar that I'm missing.

Anyway, OP, the basics of injection drug use are pretty simple. Dissolve substance in desired amount of clean water (which doesn't need to be heated, even with tar, although users frequently heat tar out of sheer impatience I guess), draw up solution into a clean syringe, find desired vein and clean injection site using a sterilizing agent like isopropyl alcohol, insert syringe into vein, register vein, inject substance. You're done! Congratulations, you're an IV drug user! *horns, streamers, confetti*

But in all seriousness...do you know any other IV drug users? If so, get them to help you. I honestly would've never started IV unless someone convinced me to try it. Yes, another user actually convinced me to IV, even though I had expressed to them that I had never IV'd and really had little inclination to do so. :\ Actually self-teaching yourself to IV is kind of unfathomable to me...IV is dangerous and usually very intense your first time (I had used for a long time prior to IVing and I almost passed out my first couple times IVing dope) and I'd highly, HIGHLY recommend that you get someone who knows what the hell they're doing to help you. Isn't slamming a kind of knowledge that's passed down from older junkies to younger junkies anyway?

As far as "how many milligrams of heroin should I inject for my first time?": lol. Don't you realize how ridiculous that question is? For one, you didn't provide us with any background info on how big your habit is, how long you've been using etc. And there is no way any of us random people on the internet can answer a question in the form of "hey guys, I have a random street narcotic here of unknown purity, how much of it should I do?"

We have no idea the purity of your stash, therefore we can't tell you how much to do. We all have to advise against shooting it though, once you open that gate, it doesn't close! If you're hellbent on doing it though, start off as small as you can. Yes the h cut with fent' is frequently called china white. And know this, even the smallest amount of injected dope can kill you instantly, depending on what its cut with.

@Burnt offerings, black tar is chemically different than diacytlemorphine HCl, Its less refined.. also just viscosity of tar would make it less safe, than shooting HCl..

- Hopeless Soul

I know what tar is (unrefined mixture of morphine alkaloids) but...to me that doesn't really explain how it's worse to have an IV tar habit than an IV ECP habit? I didn't think about how viscous the substance is, though, so maybe you're unto something there. To me tar is just a water soluble opiate drug...not really that dangerous compared to injecting other things (like unfiltered prescription pills, for example) *shrug* (I mean, other than the obvious fact that you're injecting a street narcotic of unknown purity, but that goes without saying I'd think)

We have no idea the purity of your stash, therefore we can't tell you how much to do. We all have to advise against shooting it though, once you open that gate, it doesn't close! If you're hellbent on doing it though, start off as small as you can. Yes the h cut with fent' is frequently called china white. And know this, even the smallest amount of injected dope can kill you instantly, depending on what its cut with.

@Burnt offerings, black tar is chemically different than diacytlemorphine HCl, Its less refined.. also just viscosity of tar would make it less safe, than shooting HCl..

- Hopeless Soul