• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How Much Extra (Of Your Standard Dose) Do You Need to Get out of Withdrawal?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
This is something I struggle with every script-time (ie every 2 weeks).
I normally take 10mg morphine and 120mg codeine per dose (ie 5-6 times a day) but I'm always in 24-48 hour withdrawal when I get my next prescription, but taking that normal dose, or even a double dose does NOT get me normal again. My normal dose barely takes the edge off and a double dose makes me notably less sick but not okay.
Got my script a couple hours ago and took a triple dose* (so 30mg morphine and 360mg codeine) and I'm still aching all over, lacrimation, rhinorreah, mild anxiety etc.

*when is it "triple" and when is it "treble"??

This is something I struggle with every script-time (ie every 2 weeks).
I normally take 10mg morphine and 120mg codeine per dose (ie 5-6 times a day) but I'm always in 24-48 hour withdrawal when I get my next prescription, but taking that normal dose, or even a double dose does NOT get me normal again. My normal dose barely takes the edge off and a double dose makes me notably less sick but not okay.
Got my script a couple hours ago and took a triple dose* (so 30mg morphine and 360mg codeine) and I'm still aching all over, lacrimation, rhinorreah, mild anxiety etc.

*when is it "triple" and when is it "treble"??
Why are you tripling your dose? So you're prescribed 10mg morphine & 120mg codeine? 5 to 6 times a day? 50-60mg of morphine and 600-720mg of codeine a day?

You could try, let's say for a week prior to getting/waiting on your script, taking 1 less of each pill per day. You'll have seven extra of each pill. Use the extras to hold you over until you get your script.

You could try taking small amounts of benzos to counteract the anxiety. RC benzos such as bromazolam can be bought legally on RC sites. These sites also have RC opiates you could order to keep the pain away until you have your scripts.

You could do the same by ordering from the darkweb. But why take the chance of getting arrested, receiving fentanyl and dying cause you didn't dose correctly, or risk losing crypto by being inexperienced and landing on a phishing version of a market.

See if your doctor can send them to the pharmacy earlier.

See if your doctor can up your dosage so you can take less and save pills.

Start using heroin!! Okay this option is not recommended and I'm not serious.

The other options are legitimate.

Be careful and best wishes

Why are you tripling your dose? So you're prescribed 10mg morphine & 120mg codeine? 5 to 6 times a day? 50-60mg of morphine and 600-720mg of codeine a day?

You could try, let's say for a week prior to getting/waiting on your script, taking 1 less of each pill per day. You'll have seven extra of each pill. Use the extras to hold you over until you get your script.

You could try taking small amounts of benzos to counteract the anxiety. RC benzos such as bromazolam can be bought legally on RC sites. These sites also have RC opiates you could order to keep the pain away until you have your scripts.

You could do the same by ordering from the darkweb. But why take the chance of getting arrested, receiving fentanyl and dying cause you didn't dose correctly, or risk losing crypto by being inexperienced and landing on a phishing version of a market.

See if your doctor can send them to the pharmacy earlier.

See if your doctor can up your dosage so you can take less and save pills.

Start using heroin!! Okay this option is not recommended and I'm not serious.

The other options are legitimate.

Be careful and best wishes

Tripled the dose because like I said, when I'm in withdrawal, it takes a dose much higher than what I normally take in order to get back OUT of withdrawal.

No, I'm not prescribed anywhere near that much, that's just how much I *take*.

Tripled the dose because like I said, when I'm in withdrawal, it takes a dose much higher than what I normally take in order to get back OUT of withdrawal.

No, I'm not prescribed anywhere near that much, that's just how much I *take*.I don’t doubt what you’re
I don’t doubt that what you’re saying is true but I would think it would take less or the same amount to get out if you are in severe withdrawl. But wth do I know.

After skipping use two days I usually need less, having WDs or not, to feel opiates. I thought it's like that for everyone.

Not after two days, no. If it had been a week or two maybe. 2 days usually isn't enough to decrease tolerance.
Well when use is spare and/or at the beginning I tend to notice difference even after just a day or two, hell even night vs. morning can make a difference. But yeah, when I used to do morphine a lot it wasn't like that.
Tho man after a week or two I definitely need a lot less, no matter if I use sparely or a lot.
I really wonder what could be mechanism behind how you experience tolerance and don't think that's usual but might be totally wrong.

Well when use is spare and/or at the beginning I tend to notice difference even after just a day or two, hell even night vs. morning can make a difference. But yeah, when I used to do morphine a lot it wasn't like that.
Tho man after a week or two I definitely need a lot less, no matter if I use sparely or a lot.
I really wonder what could be mechanism behind how you experience tolerance and don't think that's usual but might be totally wrong.

Maybe it depends on how the individual metabolizes the drug? I DO know exactly what you mean, though, as I experience that with my Gabapentin. I just got my script after not having any for four days and I needed like a third of my normal dose to feel good again. On the occasions when I have no Gabapentin for a full week my tolerance is literally back to baseline.*

*Something I found interesting: for most people, their tolerance to gabapentinoids will go back completely to baseline (as in, zero tolerance) in 7-14 days.

EDIT: I'm finding our discussion here really interesting, btw :)
Hopefully someone more on the know than us will reply lol

Ime you should normally need less, not more of a given substance (say morphine) to get out of withdrawals. I'm not saying you'll get high, but you should feel significantly better. What you're describing in terms of needing more doesn't make sense to me in terms of biochemistry. Maybe you're atypical in some way but that's my 2c @ChemicallyEnhanced

Ime you should normally need less, not more of a given substance (say morphine) to get out of withdrawals. I'm not saying you'll get high, but you should feel significantly better. What you're describing in terms of needing more doesn't make sense to me in terms of biochemistry. Maybe you're atypical in some way but that's my 2c @ChemicallyEnhanced

Oh, I'm definitely atypical lol. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough for it to kick in? I've tried taking just my regular dose, but sometimes even after like an hour I still feel rough. I think next time I'll try just my usual dose again but give it like 2 hours to make absolutely sure it's kicked in and then see if I actually need more or if I've just been too impatient.

Oh, I'm definitely atypical lol. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough for it to kick in? I've tried taking just my regular dose, but sometimes even after like an hour I still feel rough. I think next time I'll try just my usual dose again but give it like 2 hours to make absolutely sure it's kicked in and then see if I actually need more or if I've just been too impatient.
You sure you're not fiending to actually get high as opposed to just getting out of wds? I don't know what kind of gaps you're dealing with until your wds start to kick in, but your usual dose or even lower should get you out of wds. You down-regulate certain things in your body like gaba, opiates etc in your own natural system by taking external forms of them; the degree of the down-regulation should correspond with dosage and duration of use etc. That's why it makes no sense to me why your regular dose wouldn't hold you after a period of abstinence. I think either you're being impatient or you're missing the feeling of actually getting high, which would obviously make you want to take more. I'm dependent on codeine too and I start to feel WDs generally 24hrs after my last dose, but I'm only taking 120mg generally speaking and up to 40mg valium per day (I don't allow myself to go into wds with the gabas, it's just too dangerous with the duration and dosage I've been on the benzos).

Last edited:
You sure you're not fiending to actually get high as opposed to just getting out of wds? I don't know what kind of gaps you're dealing with until your wds start to kick in, but your usual dose or even lower should get you out of wds. You down-regulate certain things in your body like gaba, opiates etc in your own natural system by taking external forms of them; the degree of the down-regulation should correspond with dosage and duration of use etc. That's why it makes no sense to me why your regular dose wouldn't hold you after a period of abstinence. I think either you're being impatient or you're missing the feeling of actually getting high, which would obviously make you want to take more. I'm dependent on codeine too and I start to feel WDs generally 24hrs after my last dose, but I'm only taking 120mg generally speaking and up to 40mg valium per day (I don't allow myself to go into wds with the gabas, it's just too dangerous with the duration and dosage I've been on the benzos).

No, it's nothing to do with feeling high. Obviously I miss being high when I'm not but recently I'm trying to make my meds last as long as possible so I'm trying to take just enough that I don't have any withdrawal. It's not wanting to gain feeling from the opioids (ie get a buzz or high) but wanting it to TAKE AWAY things like my whole body aching and hurting, anxiety. sweating, nausea and of course pain because while I definitely abuse my meds (codeine, morphine, gabapentin), I have multiple forms of severe chronic pain so legit need them and obv if run out I get my pain starting to come back as well as the withdrawal.

Yeah, definitely don't run out of your Valium. Not only is benzo withdrawal HORRIBLE but like you say, it's dangerous; I've been hospitalized due to grand mal seizures from benzo wd.
I worry I'll seize when I run out of Gabapentin. It hasn't happened yet, but I do get frequent, LONG LASTING absence seizures without it.