• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much (eg, min. dose) of Loperamide is required in order for it to cross the BBB?

24-30mg things start to happen.

If you're looking to "feel something", you're going to feel like you took sketchy benadryl.

I have eaten buprenorphine off of a rehab floor that another patient spit out, and even I would never try to get high off loperamide. Just saying

Just a personnel experience with drugs. Anytime i do pushups on them (especially downers like loxapine) I feel it entering my brain a lot more. The bbb is like a sponge, a filter. Some drugs like loperamide open it more, ,same for alcohol and cocaïne

Or it's just CO2 from the muscles that created a short lived high

Huh? Pls elaborate.

He is right in a sense because increased arterial blood pressure will increase the permeability of the blood brain barrier. That means more goes through. However it probably isn't too clinically significant and a few dozen pushups won't get you suddenly high on loperamide.

In fact I'd be very wary of doing any sort of heavy exercise if you've take any significant amount of loperamide due to the strain that loperamide places on your heart.

I've had what felt like effects through various ROA & experiments with loperamide. I think certain ROA may offer the advantage of being able to use a lower dose.

I have had a few times where definitive opiate euphoria and feeling of warmth and contentedness will come on and I will be in heaven and then suddenly with in 20 minutes all of it vanishes and I'm left only with the peripheral heavy limbs feeling for the rest of it's duration. Some times that peripheral heavy limbs and relaxed feeling is all I receive & there will be hardly any euphoria. Some days I get pretty much nothing from it. Can't seem to figure out what exactly is going on with this chemical.

Are the heart issues only seen in people who use high dose chronic long term loperamide? Or can they happen even just with sporadic low to moderate sized doses?

Yeah; mostly Dihydrocodeine. I take anywhere from 300-720mg most days. I often take codeine on top of that, though.

EDIT: I sort of think I'm actually doing Harm Reduction in USING Loperamide (hear me out). I get my prescription for DHC every 14 days. But that is for the maximum PRESCRIPTION dose, which is 240mg/day. So with myself taking an absolute minimum of 300mg/day (the lowest dose I can take without getting sick from withdrawal) and more like 480mg most days...I always run out early. My mother is prescribed Codeine 15's and gives me what she can to help and my grandfather is prescribed Codeine 30's and will occasionally give me a strip (of 30) of them, maybe once every month or two. My mother is currently all out of codeine and because of Corona I can't visit my grandfather.
Now, a couple of years ago this neighbour boy on my street got me confiding in him about my opioid issues while I was outside smoking while in pretty heavy withdrawal. He is prescribed 60mg MSContins for Trigeminal Neuralgia but doesn't need them every day so offered to give me a strip (of 10) if I'd...um, well suck his dick. This became a regular thing.
So that would be what I'd normally be doing right now and the morphine would keep me going but because of social distancing I have been trying not to. Hence the Loperamide.
You're in the UK. Just get some codeine linctus online. Or CWE cocodamol pills. You can buy them online and get them delivered or just go to any pharmacy. This for next time, since the post is old.

Safer than messing with loperamide. It can cause fatal heart arrhythmia in large overdoses (what you basically require to cross the BBB). It's called QT interval prolongation and it's a sudden thing that can happen without warning.

The dose depends on how your body reacts to the loperamide. There isn't a standard dosage that will cross the BBB for everyone. Your metabolism is different from anybody else's. 24mg won't cut it to cross the BBB I'm afraid. You have to take ridiculous high dosages.