• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much Diphenhydramine to trip?

Smoke 420 Weed

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm starting to use diphenhydramine again. Its for sleep, I don't want to trip. I'm wondering what the minimum dose that could make you trip is so I can do like 5 mg less.

I wasn't aware that that stuff could make you trip, but I use 50mgs to sleep... Also avoid taking it if you're in WD..

Just dont take more than 50-75 mg. That is enough to induce sleep, no need to take more because the side effects will get more pronounced as well as the terrible hangover it causes.

Just dont take more than 50-75 mg. That is enough to induce sleep, no need to take more because the side effects will get more pronounced as well as the terrible hangover it causes.

yes , this sounds about right :)

at some point your tolerance will get to the point where you need a certain amount that's going to make you trip. It's not like you just adjust to the higher amount, there's like a threshold you pass and you'll trip regardless. I literally used to take 30 of the things at a time (and like I said it wasn't to trip, my tolerance just shot through the roof), there actually pretty addictive, and you do become dependent on them for sleep doxylamine (that's what its called right?) is a little easier going.

Just don't take more than 50-75 mg.

My psychiatrist said 100 mg was safe at no tolerance. I've done 125 mg at little tolerance and was fine, I know I've done more but IDK how much exactly or my current tolerance at the time. I've been going through a rough time recently and sometimes use sleep as a form of escapism, so the heavier the sleep meds the better. Nothing's gonna knock you out 24/7 except an OD, which I don't want. I use it to potentiate opioids and benzos too, and have been finding more and more uses for it, so I'm looking for the maximum non-hallucinogenic dose.

It takes like 200mg+ to even begin hallucinating. 5mg won't do shit. 25-75mg is a good sleep dose ime.

Start with 200-300mg. I researched it online before trying it and everyone said it was terrible and not to do it. Guess what? It's terrible don't do it.

In all seriousness, go ahead and try it if you really want to, but you will feel really bad. It won't be a real trip you will just be twitching out the whole time seeing small hallucinations. You feel like shit the entire time.

Start with 200-300mg. I researched it online before trying it and everyone said it was terrible and not to do it. Guess what? It's terrible don't do it.

In all seriousness, go ahead and try it if you really want to, but you will feel really bad. It won't be a real trip you will just be twitching out the whole time seeing small hallucinations. You feel like shit the entire time.
Someone obviously didn't read first post

I don't think 5 mg would make much of a difference either way here. I mean, I take 50mg and it knocks me out quite nicely, 5 mg is absolutely nothing to me either way and I have little tolerance. but I don't know your complete history with it. If your psych says 100 I wouldn't go too far above that simply for sleep.

Hard to say, I mean, it's a big window, between being sleepy and tripping balls here. Not sure how you could hit it perfectly just before the latter, which is what you seem to be asking about. I'd say less is more, in an HR sense as well as a "you don't want to keep popping them until you finally are tripping after all" sense.

I'm starting to use diphenhydramine again. Its for sleep, I don't want to trip. I'm wondering what the minimum dose that could make you trip is so I can do like 5 mg less.

Anticholinergic delirium =/= Tripping.

ACEi's, especially DPH, are fucking vile and pretty much embody the antithesis of recreational psychoactivity.
You genuinely will remember little more than a quarter of an hour, but 6-8 of those clouded in retrograde amnesia will be spent stumbling, slurring, drooling, panicking, thrashing at the ubiquitous tarantulas crawling up your neck (that's not even a joke - fucking up the ACh pathways leads to scrambled sensations that your delirious brain will interpret as dozens and dozens of hairy crawling nightmares all over your skin 8( ) and possibly friends, family and complete strangers. Getting carted off in the blanche van by the not-so-friendly man with Seroquel and a bed-pan is a legitimate concern, alongside serious mutilation via misadventure (I personally thought my lit cigarette was the wrong way round and not currently on fire, inverted it and burned almost straight through my lip given I couldn't feel a fucking thing....) and the minor detonation of your optic nerve and nephrotic system.

If you're going to be a complete fucking idiot and disregard the advice here in favour of a Billy-Big-Balls impression: 200-250mg is sufficient for moderate impairment, 400mg is the point there really is zero value in exceeding.

What Sprout said. That's why I edited my original post from tripping to hallucinating, because I don't want anyone to get the idea that dph=tripping.

I agree with some of the post above, you don't want to "trip" on that garbage.

Being delirious is terrible and never fun.

Find some weed, smoke a joint and forget about ever even thinking about doing that.

I have taken diphenhydramine countless times, from using it as a sleep aid, to "tripping" alone and "tripping" with friends.

I can tell you this, hallucinating on this compound is generally unpleasant, although it's mildly entertaining if you are with a trusted friend but generally diphenhydramine is good for three uses only.

Allergy relief, as a sleep aid and the third one is this: to increase the pleasurable sensations one feels during sex. It's UNREAL and blows most aphrodisiacs out of the water. To get this take 100-200 mg with no tolerance. No more no less. I usually go with 100-150 mg if with a partner or 150-200 mg if I'm...um alone.

Man does sex/masterbation get fun with diphenhydramine. Anyone else experience this?

to increase the pleasurable sensations one feels during sex. It's UNREAL and blows most aphrodisiacs out of the water. To get this take 100-200 mg with no tolerance. No more no less. I usually go with 100-150 mg if with a partner or 150-200 mg if I'm...um alone.

Man does sex/masterbation get fun with diphenhydramine. Anyone else experience this?
OH MY GOD YES!!! I know what you are talking about. My friend introduced me too Benadryl and I took 8 pills(200 mg) as a starter dose. By the time they kicked in, I was home and my bf was working afternoons so I was home alone.

For SOME reason, I felt really horny(and sleepy of course:p) sooooo I decided to...have some alone time :D.

I won't post any details but let's just say that the sensations were amazing and when I orgasamed wow oh wow. My bf came home and I was still under the dryls and i jumped him and it was the best sex I had ever had up to that point.

Don't know how it is for you guys, but it's good for us girls :)

Who knew that such a powerful aphrodisiac is available otc?

Like Sprout so nicely outlined, delirium is what were talking about, and it'll happen when you are very tired but remain awake. You can force the effect with Anticholinergics, sedatives, and hypnotics, or you can just stay up for a few days and get naturally delirious. But one could still ingest 500mg of DPH and go to bed instead of getting twisted.

The doses you guys are describing are intimidating me..

I usually take 50mg when I got a allergy/histamine issue that needs taking care of.

500mg?!?!?! Jesus you must be talking with people who aren't there etc.. lol

I'm going to move this to BDD as OD is really for intermediate drug discussion.

motion sickness pills were better for tripping because they don't make you super tired. I think the ones I liked more contain dimenhydrinate and scopolamine.
if you are going to try either make sure you're i n a safe place and make sure you have water. BTW you may not be able to read during the trip as well.
a good dose fore me was one box(20 pills I believe) but if you are not fully grown that may be to much for you.