• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much Dilaudin is too much for one day?

SPJ666

Greenlighter
SWIM snorted 8mgs of Dilaudin a few hours ago and it's wore off already so would it be safe for SWIM to snort 8mgs more? SWIM has experience with opioids but the 8mgs of Dilaudin today was SWIM's first experience with Dilaudin. 8mgs of Dilaudin had SWIM feeling very good and relaxed

You'd likely be ok because Dilaudid/hydromorphone has a short half-life, but no one can tell you for sure.

I just railed 4mgs just to be safe. If I don't feel anything by 11:30 I'll rail another 4

For months ago I was at 120 mg a day. Tolerance build fast. But for a new user, 4mg will have you on point. But in a couple weeks you'll have tripled that and be addicted as fuck.

It depends completely on the individual.

Are we supposed to guess your tolerance?

My tolerance for opiates isn't very high. I've only done them a handful of times. The 8mgs of Dilaudin seemed to get me pretty slumped though. I just started taking Dilaudid yesterday and so far between yesterday and today I've snorted 20mgs. What is the highest amount do you think I could do in one day without overdosing? Also, how dangerous would it be to snort 8mgs and then drink some alcohol?

If you are going on a Dilaudid binge I would think alcohol should be left OUT of the mix. It's good practice to separate alcohol and opiates in any event, but IME Dilaudid is fast, strong, and short.. and such a strong opiate mixed with the suppressant of alcohol could very easily lead to respiratory failure. Just enjoy the effect of Dilaudid by itself and stick around a while.

I watched my grandfather OD on Dilaudid twice, and this man had one helluva tolerance. He would wear 2x 100mcg Fentanyl patches and take 32mg of Dilaudid every 3 hours. Yes, that is just craziness... but he had 7 back surgeries after flipping a semi-truck in '77 and they could not fix him. So the remedy that was come up with was to just dope him so he could drift off into elderly Dementia comfortably.
He survived both the overdoses I witnessed and eventually his doctor switched him up by reducing his Dilaudid to 40mg per day and adding a third 100mcg Fentanyl patch to compensate.

He had an opiate tolerance built up over 35 years so I don't recommend EVER using those medications with such an excess, but I imagine anyone with half their wits already knows this. Point being, it's very easy to OD on Dilaudid even when you're a druggie monster like my grandpaps was. Stay safe, man!

Thanks for the advice everyone. Gonna leave out the alcohol and just stick to Dilaudid and Percocet for Saturday