• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How much decarbed weed for a full pint of potent green dragon?

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
On my last batch of cannaoil I pulled out a half gram of the decarbed weed to experiment with green dragon. I was kind of hazy from oxy, beer, and weed at the time and ended up throwing the half gram into a full pint of Smirnoff. I now realize it was a mistake to put so little weed into a full pint of 80 proof vodka but it's already done so I'm committed to it now.

I don't want to have to drink a half pint to get stoned so I'm wondering how much more weed can 80 proof alcohol take and still be effective? I was thinking I could try putting 2-3 more grams in then try to separate the water from the cannabinioid/alcohol mix by freezing it and draining the liquid alcohol out. Would the alcohol separate from the water with the weed dissolved into it?

You could concentrate the solution by passive evaporation (leave the cap open and wait more surface area the better). You can speed up the process and decarb a bit by heating to about 180-200 degrees F. Heating will evolve more fumes and alcohol is flammable so keep that in mind :) Good luck you can always add more if you want but this will solve that if that is preferred.

Well I thought about heating it but I don't want the alcohol to evap out, all I'll have left is water and we know that cannabinioids won't dissolve in that. I could heat it very lightly with the lid closed then cool it to return the gaseous alcohol back to liquid but I don't want to deal with a possible bottle bomb. Really I'm just wondering how much weed can I put in the 40% alcohol before the alcohol/water solution (vodka) is oversaturated with cannabinioids and can't take anymore?

no such limit, the product would just turn into hash. i would try using a double boiler to raise the temp of the liquor to where it's starting to boil, dial it down a notch then wait a few hours and hope it works. according to the decarbing chart, as long as you can keep the temps above 80o C there should be some effect

decarboxylation-graph-b.jpg

but since you've only got a 20 degree window between the boiling point of alcohol and the boiling point of water, trying to sauce up the mix with more herb might just be throwing good nug after bad.