• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

How much and how much to OD on OxyContin

HoldenCaulfield20

Greenlighter
Hello I am a pretty naïve opiate user. Last summer I had pretty good access to Oxy and roxy and tramadol. I wouldn't use daily or even weekly just occasionally to unwind and relax or feel good. I would almost always take 20 MG of OxyContin -At 5'10 150 pounds this was more than enough to get me high-and only once took 40. I'm heading home from school and asked my friend if he still had the hookup and he told me both of them OD'd scaring me like crazy. I know this question has been asked but how much as a 5'10 150 pound male with now ZERO opiate tolerance would it take for me to OD. Recently it seems everyone has died from an OD and I just can't figure out why. Is 20-40MG enough to actually kill me? Also, and I can never find this answer, how long does an OD occur after ingestion? AKA is there a half life or some point where you have very little chance to OD? Basically I want to know if I take 20 MG this summer from time to time and pass out will I wake up?

I know it depends but I'm looking for rough estimates here to better guarantee my safety. I would have ZERO tolerance, a full stomach, and not combine it with any other substances like Xanax, or alcohol, or coke.

I assure you, you will not OD from 20 or 40mg of oxycodone, or oxycodone hydrocloride. Even if you take off the time release and snort it, it would be virtually impossible. If you are healthy, don't mix the drug or take anything else that would thin your blood (aspirin) or alcohol, you should be fine even after taking 60-90mg anything over that would be stupid, especially if you don't have a tolerance. Taking them orally makes them last longer, and if you do not have a full stomach, it will increase the sensation. Most people who OD are either inexperienced or long time users who take it with other drugs or alcohol. Often times the death is not caused by overdose but rather vomiting in ones sleep and suffocating on your vomit.

I wouldnt go any higher than 45mgs or you'd be incredibly fucked up to the point of it probably not being enjoyable

^^
Agreed. With 0 tolerance even 20-30mg could make you vomit. 45mg and you'd definitely be uncomfortable.

Thank you for the replies; really eased my mind. I'm not looking to waste money on doing anymore than 20-30 MG at this time and obviously put myself in any kind of danger. However, let's just imagine for some reason I consume 90 MG without any tolerance and also let's say I'm in the OD region. How long should I wait until I'm safe- 4.5 hours or so until a half life has gone by? I'm a naturally paranoid person and essentially I'm asking for a time frame that most ODs occur. Is it half an hour after ingesting the pill or an hour? Once again I'm not going to approach this level ever and CERTAINLY not without a serious tolerance I hope I never build up for added piece of mind I would like to know roughly how long after ingesting an opiate ODs occur.

You said last summer you had taken 20 mg oxycontin, so how did it affect you then? If you had no problems with it before I don't think you would be in any danger of overdosing. When I was opiate naïve once I took 40 mg and it made me very nauseated but took hours before I started vomiting. Maybe because of the time release, keep this in mind whether you are using IR or ER.

^^
That's good advice. With OxyContin it can take 3-4 hours before you peak, but it also spreads out absorption, so you'll be in the danger zone for longer. With IR your peak is at around 1 hour, and by 4 hours you've already gone through 1 half-life.