• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos how much alcohol is safe to consume with benzos?

So if 0.21 permille = 0.10% BAC, you would've been at 0.32%... that's 4x the US limit - probably 6x your country's limit? Did you get a lifetime driving ban?
Umm, guess there's some mistake. In Europe the limit is currently 0.5 promille and in other times it was 0.8. So I was not that much above the limit but young, stupid and impulsive and argued with the officers, which brought me a shot of risperidone which I should happen not to tolerate (got me erratic twice, no memory at all of this incident) and a ride to the local mental health ward. License gone, not for life but until I pass a critical and overly expensive exam and hair drug test over at least one up to four years. Chances are that the cause of accident was a technical defect - axis broke, this should be difficult without hitting anything but it was rusty, remember seeing that when changing the wheels. Then they just saw me strange and stuff went on. Will never know.

What do you think about combining codeine/Dihydrocodeine with Benzos like Valium, Clonazepam or Alprazolam? Any advice on dosages?

I did once combine Pregabalin with Alprazolam and it wasn't good... I blacked out. I haven't tried Pregabalin with alcohol. Or combining Kratom with anything yet
Are you opioid naive? If not, what is a regular dose of codeine/dhc for you? And what about the benzos?
I'm hesitant to give recommendations on opioids+benzos because of the very real risk of respiratory depression.

I wouldn't take more than 120-140mg of codeine and ~0.5mg of alprazolam, although it would be safer to start with 0.25mg and redose if necessary (remember you can always take more but you cannot "untake" anything, better safe than sorry).

Kratom is much safer when it comes to respiratory depression, the main risk would be taking too many benzos and passing out and/or getting sick (never ever fall asleep lying on your back).

Are you opioid naive? If not, what is a regular dose of codeine/dhc for you? And what about the benzos?
I'm hesitant to give recommendations on opioids+benzos because of the very real risk of respiratory depression.

I wouldn't take more than 120-140mg of codeine and ~0.5mg of alprazolam, although it would be safer to start with 0.25mg and redose if necessary (remember you can always take more but you cannot "untake" anything, better safe than sorry).

Kratom is much safer when it comes to respiratory depression, the main risk would be taking too many benzos and passing out and/or getting sick (never ever fall asleep lying on your back).

I know opioids and benzos are a potentially dangerous combination. To be honest, I have never found codeine or DHC to work for me, either analgesically or recreationally - I think I may be one of the people who don't metabolise them well, but they're the only opiates I can sometimes get acccess to. So yes I'm opioid naive.

The Alprazolam tabs I get only come in 1mg doses. I have been reckless with benzos, taking much higher doses than I should and blacking out - it's very dangerous and I was lucky. I'm much more careful now when I take benzos - I always make sure I'm in bed when I take them. I often sleep lying on my back - but I think are you referring to passing out lying on your back after using drugs as you could swallow your tongue or choke on vomit? (as many well known rock stars have sadly done)

Last edited:
I always liked benzos with alcohol but it's a dangerous combo. Many people die from it. I've drank about 3/4 of a 750ml bottle of vodka while eating about 3 - 4 mg of Xanax or Klonopin over the course of it many times. I blacked out often but would always wake up a couple hours later. For whatever reason I don't stay out easily. Even when I used to slam Heroin and occasionally go overboard on a shot of more powerful stuff, I'd always wake up after blacking out.

To be honest, I have never found codeine or DHC to work for me, either analgesically or recreationally - I think I may be one of the people who don't metabolise them well, but they're the only opiates I can sometimes get acccess to.
Yeah that's a real thing. Unfortunately some people don't have enough CYP2D6(or have a less active form of it), that's the enzyme that converts codeine into morphine.
Dihydrocodeine should work a bit better though, since it's active on its own unlike codeine (but nonetheless weaker than its metabolite dihydromorphine).

And yes the part about not falling asleep on your back is to prevent someone from choking on vomit. Benzos alone are not a problem since they don't really make you vomit (usually)... But things like alcohol, opioids, and any kind of combination involving multiple sedatives can be a real issue (including things like pregabalin, ghb, perhaps even ketamine, etc...).

Edit: I should add that codeine has another active metabolite called codeine-6-gluconoride which doesn't involve CYP2D6, but it's probably not nearly as recreational as morphine.

If you're just having a couple beers and a low dose of benzo then it's relatively harmless, but the risk of sliding into a blackout increases exponentially with anything past that. Every time I use this combo it gets out of control. Benzos and alcohol are an infamous combo and have caused many blackouts and possible deaths among the drug using crowd.

Potentially fatal CNS depression is only half the story of this combo. The other side of the coin is blackouts, which can potentially cause death but most of the time just cause people to enter into a state where they think they're barely buzzed even though they are piss drunk.

If you continue past a certain threshold, which is not well defined and very easy to cross, you get to the point where you forgot how many drinks and benzos you had because short term memory is completely shot. So you could take a pill, forget you took the pill a few minutes later, and take another one.

There have been many cases where people have lost full scripts in a night and even large amounts of bulk RC benzo powder with absolutely no recollection of any of it.

I don't mean to scare you, but this combo is notorious for blackouts and stupid or even life changing decisions made with absolutely no recollection after the fact.

All the fear mongering aside, if you limit yourself to strictly taking 1 pill and a few beers it can be a very sloppy and inebriated night with relatively little intake of substances.

Tread carefully

Last edited:
Umm, guess there's some mistake.
Oh. Then promille is the same as BAC just shifted a decimal. So you would have actually been under the US limit, which is still 0.8 everywhere but Utah (which lowered it to 0.5 a couple of years ago).