• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How much Adderall is "too much"?

cgracek

Greenlighter
In terms of danger.. in your own opinion and experience, I suppose.

How many mg's (instant release, not extended) would you consider risky? And I know everyone metabolizes differently but just GENERALLY speaking.

And I don't mean all at once. I mean taking it in increments through out the entire day, such as a quarter of a 30 mg tablet every 2 hours or so. when SWIM wakes up around 6 am, they usually take 45 mg IR then continue thru their work day breaking off pieces of a 2-3 30's- but SWIM does this ALL day until they go to sleep and sometimes will continue this pattern onto the next day.

It highly depends on the individual and their sensitivity to it. Set and setting play a part, as does tolerance.
This is a kind of impossible question to answer. My advice is go slow, and ALWAYS.remember, you can always do more but you can never do less!
Please go easy!

Tolerance builds rapidly, I used to take up to 300mg addy a day on binges back when I was way younger. I'm sure they're are higher then that

genuinely start off with 20mg, FOR NO TOLERANCE KEEP TOTAL USE AT A MAXIMUM OF 60MG or trust me, you aint gonna enjoy it, you aint gonna sleep for 2-3 days, are gonna be irritable after it wears off, i tend to try to take a 'blast' worth of 10-20mg, and microdose as the high wears off, then redose a solid dose if i feel like a good kick after say 4-6 hrs from the last (i crush the extended release beads, try not to take extended release as it won't be as great plus when you've had enough you don't really decide when to end it)

As mentioned previously, it varies based on your habitual amount. Your body tries to maintain homeostasis with everything (not high/not low just neutral).

I am no DR or certified individual to listen to, however, generally speaking 100mg (@ 1 time) over the habitual amount should get you feeling good and/or feel like you’re going to have a myocardial infarction aka heart attack.

BC suffering from a TBI I am prescribed daily:
2x 30mg addy
2x 70mg vyvanse
1x 250 nuvigil