• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How much adderall is lethal?

nancy145

Bluelighter
(without any tolerance) I've looked it up and couldn't find anything. I know the lethal amount varies a lot with different people so it's hard to tell, but could someone give me a general range of doses from the lowest possible lethal dose to the highest possible non-lethal dose? Not like the lowest and highest ever recorded, like the lowest and highest possible for an average normal person. thanks

It is really impossible to say. Individual response is highly variable not even considering weight, concommitant disease etc. Start low and go slow.

What's a safe dose to start at? and how much should i increase it by each time if I needa increase it? like a "start at X mg, then add Y mg each time you do it until you find the right dose" kind of thing.

What are you looking to get out of it? Like do you need it to study and concentrate or just for recreational use?

20mg at start orally.

Most pharmaceutical drugs have a very high LD50. It's the glory of progress :D!

A quick search found 100mg/kg in rats to be adderall's LD50 :\

just start low, you can always take more, you can never take less.

What are you looking to get out of it? Like do you need it to study and concentrate or just for recreational use?
I'm prescribed 40 mg(20 mg short acting 20 mg XR) of adderall daily except during the summer, and in the summer i take it about once every 2 and a half weeks, so I've got a high tolerance to adderall. I just tried 40(20 short 20 XR) mg this morning, then another 20 mg(XR) about 30 minutes later, and didn't get high so i guess my tolerence is still really high. I did feel really sped up though, like almost high, and spend the majority of the day doing things that make me feel productive but really aren't. I think I've got a high natural tolerance too cuz i started on 20 mg(short) a day and didn't get high, then started taking 40 mg a day(20 short 20 XR) like 2 weeks later and also didn't get high. I think part of that is because the it's half short acting and half XR, so they kick in, peak, and wear off at different times but i mean I everyone else i know that's done short acting with XR still got high. I didn't take it on weekends back then either so it's really less than 2 weeks. Sorry I'm trailing off topic, I'm on a bit of an adderall crash right now so it's hard to focus. Anyway, I might end up stopping my adderall sometime this year but I'll still have my prescription so I'm wondering because if i do stop and my tolerance goes back down then I'll use it mainly recreationaly. I'm also wondering because I've got some friends that do adderall(recreationaly), but not very often, so they're back down to no tolerance every time they do it. They're not really into harm reduction or anything, they're sorta the kind of people that just pop pills without knowing much more about it than the name, but recently I've convinced them to at least ask me questions about harm reduction if it's somewhat important. I told them to google the code on the pill to find out how much mg it is, but idk how much to tell them to do. I'd assume 20 mg is safe cuz my doctor started me out on it, but i just wanna make sure and they're all broke af so they don't really wanna slowly experiment using a lot of pills to find out their tolerance so i wanted to know if it's safe to start out with more.

Have you considered that people with ADD/ADHD often do not feel high from amphetamines? 40 mg isnt all that much, either. But dont push too quickly. You may never get the feeling you are looking for and just end up with the side effects.

Some people with ADHD/ADD definitely feel high from amphetamines.

I've heard of some insanely high dosing regimens with amphetamine and methamphetamine pharmaceutically but I don't feel comfortable giving the mg amount, the point is, if you're not getting desired effects at like below 80mg, you're not going to force anything out of it no matter how much more you take, it will just result in undesirable side effects.

Some people with ADHD/ADD definitely feel high from amphetamines

Oh I know, but many at therapeutic doses, which 20mg of Adderall XR and 20mg of Adderall IR certainly qualifies, do not. I am just afraid the OP is going to push it to a level that may be dangerous.

I believe the LD50 is ridiculously high, you would have a heart attack and/or stroke before you actually died of acute amp. toxicity. I wouldn't push it over 80mg at once, if you have to wait for your tolerance to go down then so be it. A good focus and study dose for me is like 15mg, and a good rec dose is 30mg, I've got a low tolerance.

Have you considered that people with ADD/ADHD often do not feel high from amphetamines? 40 mg isnt all that much, either. But dont push too quickly. You may never get the feeling you are looking for and just end up with the side effects.
I haven't been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, I'm prescribed adderall because i have sleeping problems. I've tried to get high off of adderall a lot, but i never really did. I've tried getting high off Ritalin too, I never really did either tho. I like the motivation and energy and all but I've never really felt euphoria or anything. The closest thing I've got was a little bit of happiness, sort of like I'm laughing but 10 times weaker. Does this mean i might have ADD or ADHD?

for me adderall or ritalin dont really give that much euphoria, maybe its cause ive used meth/other way stronger stims, but adderall/ritalin certainly helps me focus haha. ritalin can make me really tired, the other night i was really high on oxy and snorted 40mg thinking itd wake me up, made me nod even harder lol.

edit: oh and on topic, im not sure how much is lethal, but id assume if you wanted to get high youd use the IR only instead.

I'd suggest starting at 20mg of amphetamine/adderall without a tolerance. As far as a lethal dose I've done up to 220mg of adderall plus 25mg of oxycodone without tolerance to either. I was 13 at the time and did experience psychosis, vomiting tons, and didn't sleep for two days. However I did live obviously. With a heavy tolerance I've done 600mg of adderall, 400mg of vyvanse, 200mg of MDA over the course of 6 days. I stayed awake for 7 days and ate almost nothing, had extreme psychosis from it but again I lived. So unless you have a heart condition amphetamine/adderall is pretty unlikely to kill you. Don't start will more than 20mg-30mg though.

This was already known since 2005... in netherlands we dont get adderall but Dexedin same rly, overdosing it 5mg and ur high like any other.

Edit this message was for tripcems reply. About ADHD and feeling a high.

When I was like 13 and didn't care about shit and played WoW I used to take 120 or so MG of Adderall IR a day and stay up for 3 days at a time with no food or sleep lol... long story short is you'll wish you were dead a long time before you'll die

there is no answer to OP's question. It's not like pharma companies sit around and feed people speed until half die and record the results (yes, they do for rats, but we arent rats).

The lethal dose of Aderal is 1mg/kg in the average homeless sapien.

This kinda sounds like a dick sizing thread. I was prescribed 60 mg/ day Adderall. I had to dose twice a day. 4 hours on the nose. That was a great dose for me. I took 120 once and tweaked out a little bit. It was fun, but wont do it again.
The average starting dose is 10mg to 20 Adderall. I've heard of people doing 600mg in a day, but if you did a gram in short order, that would be side effect city. Like other posters said, it depends on the individual.
I have ADD. Currently, I take 70mg Vyvanse and that almost does the trick. Today, I'm on 120mg Vyvanse. That's like 60mg of Adderall.
OP, start low, and don't push it. You really don't need to go past 60mg-80mg of Adderall. That dose will buzz you fine. 120mg at the most with a tolerance. At that dose, you will be plenty focused and high. Don't snort it, parachute it. It will hit harder.