• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How many tokes for sleep?

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
I'm new to smoking weed so it's a minefield to me about all the different strains I've heard of indica an the other one carnt think of it right now? That's how weed naive I am lol. But when I have in the past I've smoked maybe 6 or 7 hits from a glass pipe an sometimes I get anxiety! But I also suffer with general anxiety disorder so when I feel that happening I take a diazepam an that does the trick. Like I was saying earlier I think indica is supposed to be relaxing an the other one more energetic? But the trouble is its just weed I buy off this young lad an he doesn't seem to know either he gets it off someone else. Now to my main question I'm struggling with sleeping at the moment early morning waking an sometimes it's hard to get to sleep. So how many puffs should I do to sleep 2 or 3 takes or more? An how should I time it? An hour before I retire to bed or 20 to 30mins before bed. I'm a weed newbie so I'm learning all the time. Thanks for any tips/tricks in advance

A rookie mistake with weed is to inhale or ingest too much then attempt to sleep thinking oh yeah the weed will help me sleep. Not always the case especially if they have some anxiety issues however weed can also help anxiety with some people but if you are very high you need to stimulate and focus to enjoy it and not have issues if you go to bed and end up too high you might just overfocus on everything , personally id suggest trying just 1 puff (assuming its pure) remember you can always have more , for a newbie i would recommend a smaller smoking instrument such as a pipe rather than a joint that way you can try small amounts to see how you feel, once you find your sweet spot its enjoyable too enjoyable so yeah be careful lol if not your new problem will be always finding money for it.

I have trouble sleeping even with it but without it? im awake for days on end sometimes to the point i get sick with a cold or flu or some shit. (this is with extended breaks of months to even years, this insomnia never resolves on its own)

use your nose and eyes to find indica dominant strains you will mostly smell Earthy or 'dank' and the sugar leaves will appear wider but best if you can ask and find out what strain it is cant say ive bought any 'unknown' strain they all matched up to Leaflys (Strain database with reviews website) description every time

i'll say 2 or 3 rips - 2 hits if it's a bong

and i would do that 2 hours before you'd like to fall asleep

try that
C5xOn6T.gif

i'll say 2 or 3 rips - 2 hits if it's a bong

and i would do that 2 hours before you'd like to fall asleep

try that
C5xOn6T.gif
I dunno if I'd recommend a bong for a newbie with low tolerance and pre-existing anxiety. Especially not 2 hits.

I've been smoking over 20 years and was a daily smoker for 12 or so years until last summer when my living situation changed. Now I smoke every other week and my tolerance is so low that I can't even take one generous hit from a bong otherwise I get hella anxious and start to shake and rattle. One small hit from a little glass pipe and I can comfortably play guitar without feeling panicky.

I'd be more inclined to follow @Darksidesam's advice and start with one hit from a small glass pipe maybe a couple hours before bedtime. That should give someone enough time to peak and start to come down before nighty night. Doing it immediately before bedtime is asking for ruminating thoughts, which can be anxiety inducing.

Weed is not a direct sleep aid, rather aids in a kind of silent exploratory mental solitude. A kind of mesmerization.

If you like that solitude, you will be calm and cozy a few hours into it. If not, your experience will be dominated by discomfort.

Anyway, i don't think there's a specific optimal dose for sleep specifically. I personally "smoke til i sleep", like every rapper. The higher i am the nicer i pass out. Worth mentioning is that this passing out is a recreational affair as they say, and that weed does not really improve sleep quality. It is generally overrated as a medical supplement and somehow underrated as a drug despite being among the most pedestrian ones.

I highly recommend using Darksidesam's tips for identifying if it's indica and using the strain database they mention.
Personally, I find the best kind of weed for sleep is any with a low thc % (12% or less), and a high cbd content (1:1 minimum).

The best way to tell the difference when using is the high, if you can't seem to find your strain in the database and/or have no way to obtain said info. In my personal, subjective experience, a high cbd ratio will lead to less of a 'high' in general. You may feel looser, relaxed, but moderately so, and moreso in your body than head, like a good massage. A strain with high thc, for me, leads to feeling very good, very chill, very loose feeling, and is much more heady.

If you have almost no tolerance, a couple puffs should do you well. Remember, you can always take more, you can't take less. I second smoking a couple hours before bed to avoid waking up too early ↓

Personal tip: if you use a higher thc strain, wait until you feel a 'peak'. Essentially, when you feel as good as you're going to, which you may not know as a relatively new user, but will come with time if you continue use. Wait until the peak starts to fall off, and then go to bed. In my experience, going to bed before the peak makes me wake up after 4 hours so I don't recommend it.

Weed is not a direct sleep aid, rather aids in a kind of silent exploratory mental solitude. A kind of mesmerization.

If you like that solitude, you will be calm and cozy a few hours into it. If not, your experience will be dominated by discomfort.

Anyway, i don't think there's a specific optimal dose for sleep specifically. I personally "smoke til i sleep", like every rapper. The higher i am the nicer i pass out. Worth mentioning is that this passing out is a recreational affair as they say, and that weed does not really improve sleep quality. It is generally overrated as a medical supplement and somehow underrated as a drug despite being among the most pedestrian ones.
Its overrated as a medical supplement and underrated as a drug because 75% of cannabis addicts feel the need to justify their addiction as medicinal treatment ever since it became a trendy and socially acceptable justification

Especially when they have happily pushed the market into breeding out CBD, which actually has a lot of therapeutic value, in favor of super high THC flower which undoubtably they tout as "better for me to medicate with" lmfao

I wish regular smokers would just admit they like being high all the time. We already won guys weed is basically legal, you can stop pretending you're treating an illness by hitting a bong.

Its overrated as a medical supplement and underrated as a drug because 75% of cannabis addicts feel the need to justify their addiction as medicinal treatment ever since it became a trendy and socially acceptable justification

Especially when they have happily pushed the market into breeding out CBD, which actually has a lot of therapeutic value, in favor of super high THC flower which undoubtably they tout as "better for me to medicate with" lmfao

I wish regular smokers would just admit they like being high all the time. We already won guys weed is basically legal, you can stop pretending you're treating an illness by hitting a bong.

Agreed :D

Also agreed. but that was a war that was fought dirty and a foot in the door is a foot in the door. I am not the type to ask your condition but im a bit tired of bein looked down at by medical patients with insomnia because they couldnt get weed to sleep in the first place lol.....but I digress and agree, at some point the facade has to stop.

@femaletrouble though I do agree with kringle about 2 hours before with 3 tokes, it is problematic as it moves you into a higher regular or higher auxilliary dosage range which aggravates anxiety and adds to tolerance.

if better sleep is the main purpose for usage, then right before bed time take one toke, and when you lie down do a body scan and keep on doing body scans and breath following whether you fall asleep quickly or not.

you can do this without any anxiety and without tolerance building; and you will learn to enjoy both your body and your life more.

I use weed for recreation but naturally becomes a sleep aid. I am lights out a half hour after 2-3 tokes. And sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night I take a few more tokes and either read or enjoy melting into the bed and lights out for 3-4 hours again. And I do dream so we really know nothing about cannabis and dreaming.

I take kratom twice a day, so by 3:00AM I am 11 hours out from my last dose but cannabis can ease the mild withdrawal. I think the smartest thing I did with kratom is space out the doses and not take any at times. The withdrawal is mild enough to let me sleep with just cannabis.

I thought about purposeful removal of CBD with breeding low CBD strains a lot lately, i do see some sense to it in terms of saving your lungs but yes they didnt perhaps realise it could blow some peoples minds or most people that use way too much in a short space of time : 1 months worth within 1 week for example or 1 weeks worth within 1 day, 1 days worth in 1 joint you get the picture.

But the trouble i find with CBD weed is it can be very moreish even so when you simply mixing in ratio CBD:THC a high THC strain with a CBD strain (<1% THC) , therefore the lungs take a pounding. Its about learning self control and not letting the substance control you at the end of the day which is much much easier with cannabis much easier than we think it definitely (well usually) comes with age though

I do love being high but as i aged i also like to be sober too but i dont like anxiety and i dont like racing thoughts , when i have had extended breaks from weed over the last 10 years ive gone as long a 3 months without seeing or talking to anyone where as when i am using cannabis (maybe just in the evening to relax and then sleep later on) i will be much more social overall even if i dont have any the next day.

I highly recommend using Darksidesam's tips for identifying if it's indica and using the strain database they mention
Personally, I find the best kind of weed for sleep is any with a low thc % (12% or less), and a high cbd content (1:1 minimum).

The best way to tell the difference when using is the high, if you can't seem to find your strain in the database and/or have no way to obtain said info. In my personal, subjective experience, a high cbd ratio will lead to less of a 'high' in general. You may feel looser, relaxed, but moderately so, and moreso in your body than head, like a good massage. A strain with high thc, for me, leads to feeling very good, very chill, very loose feeling, and is much more heady.

If you have almost no tolerance, a couple puffs should do you well. Remember, you can always take more, you can't take less. I second smoking a couple hours before bed to avoid waking up too early ↓

Personal tip: if you use a higher thc strain, wait until you feel a 'peak'. Essentially, when you feel as good as you're going to, which you may not know as a relatively new user, but will come with time if you continue use. Wait until the peak starts to fall off, and then go to bed. In my experience, going to bed before the peak makes me wake up after 4 hours so I don't recommend it.
Didn't mean to quote the above altho I agree. Find a High CBD strain. Don't smoke it. Put it in cookies. One ounce of cannabis will make 30 biscuits so that's one gram per biscuit more or less (I 'll post the recipe after I talk to Wife.) The high CBD strain we use gets divided into four and we take this quarter each evening before bed or when we seek to quell pain. The low-THC content of the (not commercial) strain we use means we can function normally thru the day.

I'm new to smoking weed so it's a minefield to me about all the different strains I've heard of indica an the other one carnt think of it right now? That's how weed naive I am lol. But when I have in the past I've smoked maybe 6 or 7 hits from a glass pipe an sometimes I get anxiety! But I also suffer with general anxiety disorder so when I feel that happening I take a diazepam an that does the trick. Like I was saying earlier I think indica is supposed to be relaxing an the other one more energetic? But the trouble is its just weed I buy off this young lad an he doesn't seem to know either he gets it off someone else. Now to my main question I'm struggling with sleeping at the moment early morning waking an sometimes it's hard to get to sleep. So how many puffs should I do to sleep 2 or 3 takes or more? An how should I time it? An hour before I retire to bed or 20 to 30mins before bed. I'm a weed newbie so I'm learning all the time. Thanks for any tips/tricks in advance

Cannabis/Coconut Biscuits Recipe

How to prepare cannabis:

We'll assume you have a 1 ounce or 28 g bag of heads. The cannabis may require additional drying so it will rub through the wire mesh of a kitchen sieve. Throw away the stems that will be left over in the sieve.
After sieving you should be left with approx 1 ounce / 28 g of green powder to add to the flour.

125g Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
Add cannabis (Before adding the cannabis you have take out the same volume of flour. Otherwise your mix will be dry and hard to work with.)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup custard powder
1/4 cup coconut

Mix butter and sugar together add milk and blend.
Add all other ingredients and mix well.

Roll into balls 3/4'' or 20 mm in diameter (try to make about 30 so there's about 1g of cannabis per ball) and press down with fork to about 3/8'' or 10 mm.

Bake in 180 C oven for 15 - 20 minutes.

We find eating one quarter of a biscuit suits us. Try this much first. You can always eat another quarter later. Effects begin in 1 hour. (much quicker if you have an empty stomach and eat the biscuit with a cup of tea!)
With the passage of time the butter used will draw more THC from the cooked cannabis so depending on your likes and dislikes you might end up eating smaller portions.

Altho we now use an un-named local strain we can recommend CBD Crew's high CBD Mango Haze for deep sleep day or night.

(* Note for the cannabis expert / OCD sufferer / someone on the Spectrum:

yes, when you have extra-dried the ounce there will be less than 1 g per biscuit.

oven baking temperature will 'decarb' the cannabis sufficiently.)

Also agreed. but that was a war that was fought dirty and a foot in the door is a foot in the door. I am not the type to ask your condition but im a bit tired of bein looked down at by medical patients with insomnia because they couldnt get weed to sleep in the first place lol.....but I digress and agree, at some point the facade has to stop.
this is also correct, what had to be done had to be done, and i'm happy it has been this much progress but the best way to go at this point is a bit more honesty and a little less rhetoric from stoners and cannabis enthusiasts.

like admit it can be psychologically addictive for starters, i'm amazed at how many people still tout the "weed cannot ever be addictive" line

(and this is coming from someone who's drug of choice on most days is still cannabis, it's one of my favorite substances, the variety of situations different varieties of cannabis can compliment is astounding, but knowing it's limitations is also important, lest we take a step forward and two steps back, eh?)

^aye. Especially when it has gone from like 3-10% thc to being able to grab a 90 percent cart that shoots hash to the dome. yea they a bit different things...