• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many people can use methamphetamine "responsibly?" Could I?`

Pob

Greenlighter
Responsibly is in parentheses, because who am I to set the standard of what defines responsibility. I enjoy the effects of it myself probably 1-2 days a week, and have been for about 4 months. I tend to use .2-.5 each high.

I’m a recovering IV heroin addict, but I’ve managed to stay sober for a few months now, and that’s honest. Since I’ve been out of rehab (4 months) I’ve managed to stay away from the drug completely, unlike at the halfway house I was staying in, where I was back at it within 3 months. Stick a bunch of Jonesing dope-heads in the same apartment, all around the same age, and see what happens.. Haha, So, sorry about getting off topic, but I wanted to give the community some background info. I’m genuinely wondering what I will see in response to this question. It might even help me, or someone else in a way. That’s why I love this site. Everyone I know on this forum has a brain. Knowledge is power.

So I ask again, how many people can use methamphetamine "responsibly?"
Or, do you think I could use the substance recreationally, while maintaining my “responsibilities?”

Last edited:
The problem with using it responsibly is that even "weekend warrior" pattern usage can have problems in your immediate life. I used to do the "buy it Friday night and use it all by Monday morning" but that would usually involve me dragging my sleep deprived, emaciated ass to class feeling like warmed over dog shit. That's the problem with meth generally-speaking: the problems related to meth are immediate. It's not like heroin...I can do a fat hit of H, then have a glorious meal and fall contentedly to sleep. Granted heroin (and opiate addiction in general) is a lot more taxing and tough to beat than stimulant addiction once it has been established, but you can chip on H for a while without feeling like you're going insane. This is in contrast to meth, or at least it is where I live, where the gear is inexpensive and high-quality. 50 dollars worth can keep me high for approx. 3 days straight

But it varies from user to user. You may be one of those users who can care to his or her needs (eating, sleeping etc) while on the drug; I can do that on occasion but mostly I'll ignore my body's natural functioning in order to continue to get high. But we're all different, I certainly believe that "responsible meth use" is probably possible for some users.

I use daily. Maybe a quarter gram per day. I work, eat, sleep (sometimes require a xanax or Lorazepam, always low dose though, if at all) and I don't get too out of control. Use biotene to keep saliva production so that inevitable dry mouth doesn't fuck my teeth and gums up. Take vitamins, etc. Depends what your idea of "responsible" meth use is I think.

I used to IV ice years ago, but slowed down on that because shit got out of control. Wouldn't recommend it unless you really need that rush.

So, yeah, I think there is such a thing. If you are talking just recreational use, stick to partying on the weekends. Take a weekend off once in a while, too. And remember to take care of yourself.

I'm sure the word your looking for in more like FUNCTIONALY, or something like that. Cuz using method isn't responsible at all.
That being said, I shoot meth a few times a week, but a gram every 3 days. I also have a full time job in a kitchen, I can do it fine. Jus keep hydrated, and if u feel like u can't eat, like i do. Drink muscle milk for calories and protein (40g!) And maybe some emergen-C to help ur immune system out.
HYDRATE!!

I used to think I could use responsibly in a controlled manner. I would generally always use only on weekends, even if it was crazy high dose 3 day binges, I used to think it was responsible and controlled because I would always stop after 3 days max and would take a break between uses. Basically I have always been a very effective "weekend warrior" for the past few years, thinking i was cool cause I never progressed to regular daily functional usage. Been suing for 4 years or so. This was an illusion, the impact is still far more drastic then something like coke for example...

While this served me decently well and im still doing ok, now down to once every 6 months or so (only because i managed to move away from my contacts), the prob with meth is that its not like coke which, due to its short manageable duration, is far more conducive to effective weekend warrior "controlled" usage. With coke its theoretically possible to minimize the risk if you where able to control it to weekend usage, where it would only impact you within a 24 hour period.

Meth i the other hand, even if you use it on weekends only, even only one good dose, due to the 12 hour duration, the overall impact of that usage is going to effect you over the entire weekend, 12 hours of high and the rest of the weekend recovering or mentally impacted in some negative way of the next 72 hours on a sliding scale. So even at its safest single dose weekend usage, its still having a drastic impact over 40% of your week, which is 40% of your life if you use it only once a week in what feels like a controlled safe weekend warrior manner.

My weekend only usage was destroying me slowly, i can only imagine daily usage. Now I have managed to move away, and use once every 6 months when i come back up to my old area to visit, and this seems to work ok, and would be the most frequent i would ever be able to recommend with regards to genuine responsible meth usage, if you could control it. Basically the weekend warrior concept, when applied to meth should be described perhaps as the monthly warrior or yearly warrior. But of course thats really hard for most people. I had to move across country to make that work for me.

This is not because its some devil drug or some such propaganda nonsense. Its simply due to its duration of effect. This alone is prob responsible indirectly for the majority of the reasons its demonized the way it is. It makes it incredibly difficult to manage in a responsible way. But thats just my experience.

I think it is possible. That being said meth is a sneaky mother fucker you have acknowledge and respect it. I'm a user for going on 8 years and in my experience if I'm not careful a little weekend bender turns into me muttering to my self about God only knows what a week later. But the good thing about it is unlike opioids and the like all you need to get over the urge is a good night of sleep a little willpower and a few beers(for me anyways I do understand meth addiction is no light concern) just remember to drink water eat a little something no matter how terrible it makes you feel to do it, brush your teeth and I like to rinse my mouth with salt water every so often. Have fun, and remember if your out with non users and you see something but no one else seems to notice...keep it to yourself ?

Hi! I'm currently 4 years in & am able to be what those consider a 'responsible' meth addict. I've been a full time student in college maintaining a fabulous GPA & have a pretty normal life aside from drugs. I can use for a week at a time until I usually decide to turn in for some rest - during the time I'm on a bender I do maintain all of what I have to do, eat, sometimes sleep, ect ect. And when I crash, I usually sleep a normal full night & then sober me goes about my business as usual. I have ADHD & so it in some ways does really help me focus on one thing rather than a million at once - no doubt I 'overdo' it when I use, too. I could live with or without it, which is something a lot of people laugh at, as they don't think someone could function normally everyday on it.

Yet, I'm right here lmao. :)