• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many Oxycontin OP 20mg are equivalent to 30mg roxi?

knownada

Greenlighter
Hi,

I usually take 30mg roxies but just got a few of the 20 mg extended release oxycontin. I am having a lot of trouble extracting the oxycodone from the oxycontin, so I was wondering if it just makes sense to take 3 of the 20mg OCs at once and then let the time release do its thing. Would this work and feel like a 30mg roxi dosage, or it it dangerous because I would be ingesting twice what I usually do at once?

Just fyi, I always swallow my pills.

Thanks!

Yeah those OPs suck ass! they take way too long to kick in and don't work anywhere near as good as the old original OC formula before they turned to plastic shit! I think you would be ok if you have been taking 30mg roxies for a good amount of time, to at least take 2 of the OP20s and if that doesn't work take a little more and go from there. unless your taking benzos or other drugs with the oxy, I doubt 30mg more than your average dose will hurt you. Shit you might not even feel it even taking double your normal roxy dose with the ops instead, those things suck. they just aren't as strong as they used to be and don't work the same even if you have always taken them orally. The people I know who were on OxyContin when it was the original OC formula say the newer formula OPs don't work right at all, and most of them switched to different meds because they were in pain even aftet taking almost double what they used to take. Last time I had them I did the whole microwave freezer method and sniffed em and they worked just as well as roxys would. Look it up on google "OxyContin OP microwave freeze method", to turn them into instant release powder oxy that you can eat or sniff.

Please ensure all grammar is up to specc before making a post thankyou!

Please ensure all grammar is up to specc before making a post thankyou!

I am guessing your referring to my post. What is wrong with my grammar? as long as the post is able to be understood I think that is pretty much the only time anyone cares. I went back over my post and didn't see anything really wrong with it except a few commas missing and a couple sentences not starting with a capital letter. And speaking of grammar "thankyou" is not supposed to be in one word as you put it, its two words actually. Thank you, I think is what you meant. Seriously, I don't think its a big deal unless you absolutely cannot make out what someone is posting. So unless you have something of value to contribute, please stop derailing people's threads over everyday, little grammar mistakes.

25evfb9.jpg

As you can see from the graph double the dose will get you the same high but for much longer.

Interesting chart. Is that from before or after the changed the formula for OxyContin from OC to OP? Damn, I miss the old formula OCs, those things were awesome. Back when they were still around I always preferred the OCs to roxys, no matter the ROA. I stopped messing with oxy OPs after the first experience I had, unless they were free or the only thing to keep me well, they just weren't the same. A lot of pain management patients I knew told me as well that the OPs didn't work nearly as well for their pain and most of them switched to other meds.

Last edited:
I am guessing your referring to my post. What is wrong with my grammar? as long as the post is able to be understood I think that is pretty much the only time anyone cares. I went back over my post and didn't see anything really wrong with it except a few commas missing and a couple sentences not starting with a capital letter. And speaking of grammar "thankyou" is not supposed to be in one word as you put it, its two words actually. Thank you, I think is what you meant. Seriously, I don't think its a big deal unless you absolutely cannot make out what someone is posting. So unless you have something of value to contribute, please stop derailing people's threads over everyday, little grammar mistakes.
First off one mans comma is another mans bad sight second i do not beleive i had anyone else about their grammar because it wasn't as bad as yours i also see you made use of the "edit post" button well played son well played

First off one mans comma is another mans bad sight second i do not beleive i had anyone else about their grammar because it wasn't as bad as yours i also see you made use of the "edit post" button well played son well played

lel as fuck 212

Thanks all- 3 did the trick. Now I am wondering if it is safe to redose. Any input?

Nice! and how long ago did you take them? That would help us determine if redosing would be safe?

I should add that I usually redose my 30mg roxis every 3-4 hours, but don't normally take more than 120mg/day.

I've heard of ways around removing the plastic coating off OP's. You may want to google this. All have the same ingredients: Oxycodone. And some depends on the ROA you choose. The OP's aren't as effective, but in large enough doses, you get somewhere. You also may want to look into opioid potentiation. Grapefruit Juice, if I'm correct, can be one. But I'm not googling it, so this is based off my memory, which has way too many holes in it.
And on the grammar issue: I'm a writer, and I like to prize myself on my ability to communicate. But when I was in culinary school, they taught me that recipes are guidelines, not rules. Joyce, Kerouac, Wallace...they all created their own grammar, using proper and making it their own. But what am I saying? This is Bluelight, if grammar is going to bother you so much, PM. This is about answering the OP's question in the best, harm-reduction way possible.

And if you ever find yourself in a bind, WD wise, it's always good to have a stash of M. Speciosa, or Kratom. Subs were the worst withdrawals I've had, even with a heroin addiction back before I kicked that. Just saying this for the sake of sanity; it saved mine many, many times.

I've heard of ways around removing the plastic coating off OP's. You may want to google this. All have the same ingredients: Oxycodone. And some depends on the ROA you choose. The OP's aren't as effective, but in large enough doses, you get somewhere. You also may want to look into opioid potentiation. Grapefruit Juice, if I'm correct, can be one. But I'm not googling it, so this is based off my memory, which has way too many holes in it.
And on the grammar issue: I'm a writer, and I like to prize myself on my ability to communicate. But when I was in culinary school, they taught me that recipes are guidelines, not rules. Joyce, Kerouac, Wallace...they all created their own grammar, using proper and making it their own. But what am I saying? This is Bluelight, if grammar is going to bother you so much, PM. This is about answering the OP's question in the best, harm-reduction way possible.

Yes. The micro-freeze method, is the only way to get around the plastic mechanism of OPs. It is quite tedious too, I have done this with OP oxys several times and it took me over an hour to get it done right. It involves sanding the pill down with a sanding block, microwaving the sanded down OP until its just the perfect golden brown coloration, freezing it, etc. its been so long I don't really remember the full method, but it does work for sure. look up microwave freeze OP oxy on google, I believe I found it through google. If you can only get OP oxys its better than taking them whole imo, but by all means get something else like oxy irs if possible.

To Knownada: I would think if you can handle up to 120mg of roxy a day, you could handle 120mg of OP. I would take 20-30mg more first and see what happens if you really feel the need to re-dose and if that doesn't hit the spot after an hour or 2 take the other 30mg. OPs may have the same amount of oxy in them as roxys, but as you probably found out it is way more of a prolonged, and more mellow/weaker feeling than you get from roxys. Roxys when taken orally have much more of a kick than OPs, but don't last as long in most cases. Not sure if you ever tried the old formula OCs but they kicked ASS! They were only around maybe a year after I started doing oxy, then turned to plastic bullshit. I feel bad for anyone who does oxy and never got to try an old school OC oxy they were the shit.

Last edited:

don't feed the troll

Yes OCs are XR, actually ER oxycodone, to be precise. If you are lucky enough to have those they work much better than the OPs, imo. Even if you just swallow it whole as is. OR you can take a plastic card like a credit card, and crush it and do whatever you want with it swallow it, sniff it, plug it, or slam it. Also the OCs can be smoked with decent effects, much like smoking Black Tar Heroin, if not better, on foil with a tube. I used to do this quite a bit, except not crushed, just the whole pill with the coating removed with a wet rag, cut in halves, after I would either eat some(usually chewed or parachuted) or sniff some. It provided a super nice fast acting oxy high, that would kick in immediately after the first hit and create a sick rush combined with the swallowed or sniffed oxy for the longer duration. However, I don't recommend abusing it like that unless you already have or do, just stating my experience with the old OCs and all the different ways they could be played with. I know some countries still have the old formula oxy OCs.