• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe How many more hours before I can take oxy?

Chrisamantha

Greenlighter
I have been on buprenorphine maintenance for about a year now. My prescribed dose is 24 mg a day. I know, that's outrageous.
I tapered myself down to 12 mg per day.
Yesterday I took my last 5 mg dose of bupe at 8 a.m.
It has now been 35 hours since my last dose.

I start the methadone clinic in three days.
However, I have a handful of oxycodone 10 / 325 that I plan on faking over the next few days to ease my withdrawal.

How much longer do I have to wait before I can take my oxy without wasting it?

Last edited:
Are you getting prescribed the bupes without naloxone in it ? Or with it, there are two types of “suboxene” out there. When I used to take about 4-8mg everyday and wanted to switch, I waited atleast like 24 hours before I used and even then I barely felt anything, they block opiates for a good amount especially if you’ve taken such high doses over the months, the body got used to it, so it will have a hard time giving up that.

They are subs. The 8/2 combo.
I started taking oxy last night.. only 20 mg. It was enough to take the edge off.
I have taken 70 mgs total today, & I am feeling at least half of the dose.
Tomorrow should be much better.
I start the methadone clinic in two days. So I think I have transitioned well.

Thank you for the reply.

After I experienced pwd from a 2 mg of a subutex, I will never take bupe again. I now know you have to wait, depending on your opiate of choice, a long time. But the experience was so bad that I can't see myself ever taking those again.

After I experienced pwd from a 2 mg of a subutex, I will never take bupe again. I now know you have to wait, depending on your opiate of choice, a long time. But the experience was so bad that I can't see myself ever taking those again.
Yeah subs suck.
But I think that's what the chemist were going for. They finally succeeded in making a partial agonist that actually blocks opiates.
They succeeded in their goal, but what was the point if us addicts aren't happy bupe maintenance.

I agree, I will probably never take subs again.
Not because of precip wdraw, (which I have also experienced), but because they are practically pointless. I started Buick maintenance because that was the only thing available in my area when I moved back to Missouri.
I'm so happy I'm finally off of those thing's.

Yeah subs suck.
But I think that's what the chemist were going for. They finally succeeded in making a partial agonist that actually blocks opiates.
They succeeded in their goal, but what was the point if us addicts aren't happy bupe maintenance.

I agree, I will probably never take subs again.
Not because of precip wdraw, (which I have also experienced), but because they are practically pointless. I started Buick maintenance because that was the only thing available in my area when I moved back to Missouri.
I'm so happy I'm finally off of those thing's.
You know its crazy how this drug suboxone can work in so many different ways for many different people, like for me my choice of poison was H and when it came to quitting i was introduced to subs and honestly if it wasn't for them i wouldn't have been able to go past the withdrawls. After they go away i just drastically lower my 8mg to 0 over the days. They do suck but it helped me quit at that certain time of my life. Oh and sometime today i ingested 4mg of sub for the first time in about 8 days thinking would this do anything to me if just a week ago i was consuming them daily, well i guess that was long enough because it gave me that buzz you get when you take your first oxy, pretty cool i must say. But good luck with your experience and always be safe with everything.