• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How many consecutive days of heroin use until you are dependent?

Taken maybe 10 000 € worth of opiates and now after five years I am still not and have never been physically addicted them. Mentally somewhat, but I can still not take even heroin if I have it on me.

Nowadays I stick to taking every drug (except alcohol, weed and cigarettes) to max once or twice a week and never twice a week in 2 times row. I have to somewhat plan my use (unless special occasion like partying which I have seriously reduced) to keep it in check after using hard at start.

Taken maybe 10 000 € worth of opiates and now after five years I am still not and have never been physically addicted them. Mentally somewhat, but I can still not take even heroin if I have it on me.

Nowadays I stick to taking every drug (except alcohol, weed and cigarettes) to max once or twice a week and never twice a week in 2 times row. I have to somewhat plan my use (unless special occasion like partying which I have seriously reduced) to keep it in check after using hard at start.

When I tried this with opioids (once every 10 days and once every 7 days), I would find myself, with quite a bit of anticipation, counting down the days until my holiday arrived (in the way that a child might anticipate Christmas or a trip to Disneyland). Sure there was no physical component, but the psychological addiction was rather pervasive (I found alot of time would be spent in anticipation).

A variant of this however is still more or less my current approach to opioid use, which having just now articulated that, makes me feel like this is something I should discontinue. I no longer have the rigid scheduling I once had, but the basic rules of avoiding physical withdrawal remain (which i'm usually decent at abiding to, but low-level dependencies have occurred in the form of 14 day habits, etc.). Essentially its still an opioid addiction.

Unlike you however, I have had full-blown opioid addictions in the past, so I believe i'm far more sensitive and susceptible to physical withdrawal.

When I tried this with opioids (once every 10 days and once every 7 days), I would find myself, with quite a bit of anticipation, counting down the days until my holiday arrived (in the way that a child might anticipate Christmas or a trip to Disneyland). Sure there was no physical component, but the psychological addiction was rather pervasive (I found alot of time would be spent in anticipation).

A variant of this however is still more or less my current approach to opioid use, which having just now articulated that, makes me feel like this is something I should discontinue. I no longer have the rigid scheduling I once had, but the basic rules of avoiding physical withdrawal remain (which i'm usually decent at abiding to, but low-level dependencies have occurred in the form of 14 day habits, etc.). Essentially its still an opioid addiction.

Unlike you however, I have had full-blown opioid addictions in the past, so I believe i'm far more sensitive and susceptible to physical withdrawal.

Yea, I too agree that im addicted.

I have previously had a 4-year benzo and pregabalin addiction, which saw me eating 2-4mg of xanax/day and 300-600mg of pregab/day, so compared to that I find this a very easy addiction .The pervasion/anticipation is nothing hard or special, as Ive always been a fucking pervert and ocd (a little more after ending my anti-anxiety medication..)

The next for me too would be to end using opiates/oids, but it wont propably happen in years. However I have thought about quitting stims for good, so theres propably one addiction less soon..

Btw, what is your ROA?