• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How many 5/325 Percocets can I take a day without damaging my liver from the Acetaminophen?

yeaaamf

Greenlighter
So I came across a script of 5/325 Percocet. Been taking them for the past couple days. I have no tolerance and have only tried Percocet twice before. I have been drinking practically every day for the past 5-6 months so I’m worried that my liver isn’t in the best shape because of the alcohol, and now the Acetaminophen. I don’t have any pain, but I still want to have peace of mind.

This is how many Percocet pills I’ve taken in the past 3 days. Will I be fine if I don’t go over 4g/ day until this script runs out? I’m 5’7” 120lbs, and work everyday at a job that often has me lifting and moving heavy objects, so I get a lil exercise every day (trying to paint a picture of my level of physical health).

Aug 7: Total: 15mg OXY/975mg APAP
5pm: 5mg (1)
9pm: 10mg (2)

Aug 8: Total: 45mg OXY/2925mg APAP
2pm: 10mg (2)
7pm: 15mg (3)
10pm: 20mg (4)

Aug 9 (Today): Total: 5mg OXY/325mg APAP
11:30am: 5mg (1)

You are within the safe limit, but with your alcohol use you should really keep your daily dose under 2500-2000mg. You definitely aren't doing your body any favors but if this is a short term thing then you shouldn't have any huge issues

You are within the safe limit, but with your alcohol use you should really keep your daily dose under 2500-2000mg. You definitely aren't doing your body any favors but if this is a short term thing then you shouldn't have any huge issues
Thank you for the reply! I stopped drinking for these few days that I’ve had the percs, and will continue not drinking after the script runs out (except weekends every once in a while). And percs are a one script /year thing for me.

I dont think you should take any acetaminophen while you drink. Its the combo thats worse than anything else.

If you give up the alcohol its fairly safe to go up to 4g a day as long as we're not talking about years.

I dont think you should take any acetaminophen while you drink. Its the combo thats worse than anything else.

If you give up the alcohol its fairly safe to go up to 4g a day as long as we're not talking about years.
Yea, I put down the booze. Just wanted to make sure I’ll be fine if I get right up to the daily APAP limit for a couple days. I’ve only been daily drinking for 5-6 months, and I’m only 21 so I doubt that did any serious/ irreversible damage. No beer belly yet haha

You don't want acetaminophen poisoning. Trust me. I was in the hospital for 4 days once because of it. All I had been able to find were hydrocodone 5's. They only have 5 mgs of hydrocodone but 500 mg of acetaminophen each. It took a hella lot and I over done it. This was the worst kind of nauseousness. I am talking if the air blew harder I threw up. My mouth was constantly watering. My burps felt and sounded like they came straight from the pits of hell and smelled like bologna. The only reason I am still here is because the liver is our only organ that can regenerate if allowed to. I now have no gag reflexes at all.

Are there any opioids that done have acetaminophen? I took two Tabs 7.5 tonight thinking it would help with my neck pain and just threw up for 6 hours straight. Amy suggested would be Great

Are there any opioids that done have acetaminophen? I took two Tabs 7.5 tonight thinking it would help with my neck pain and just threw up for 6 hours straight. Amy suggested would be Great
Of course, there's oxycodone, hydromorphone, morphine etc. Plenty of opies out there that don't contain any acetaminophen - or paracetamol as it's called here in the UK

Not really sure we all gonna have varying degrees of our limits but do know that that apap sickness is the worst kinda sickness I have ever endured and went through it twice before I realized wtf was really going on.
Never again. If it aint straight dope i dont want it.
Be careful with that shit and tylenol period. Do not know why the hell that shit is on the shelves in the first place. Maybe I am just a dumb country bumpkin (true dat) but experience has led me to anything other than tylenol for any fuckin thing related to pain/discomfort/fever whateva.

Oh man I used to get the really good yellow 15mg vics with 350mg of acedimediphn back in the day and would take hand fulls and be drinking most every day after a few years of this I noticed my feet where always clamy and my socks had the same color yellows stains on the bottom..I did lots of reading on how when your liver is overloaded it will excreat toxins from the bottom of your feet ...that is what scared me enough to cut down and eventually quit drinking

Oh man I used to get the really good yellow 15mg vics with 350mg of acedimediphn back in the day and would take hand fulls and be drinking most every day after a few years of this I noticed my feet where always clamy and my socks had the same color yellows stains on the bottom..I did lots of reading on how when your liver is overloaded it will excreat toxins from the bottom of your feet ...that is what scared me enough to cut down and eventually quit drinking
When you say hand fulls, how many were u taking?

I had the same concerns over ten years ago when starting out…

I just solved it by asking my doc to switch me to OxyIR 5mg tablets. Cute little f@ckers, so tiny, little scored tablets containing just Oxycodone and small amounts of inert excipients.

OxyIR tablets are the best….second to the original formula OxyContin 20/40/80mg

OxyIR 5mg tablets and the larger OxyIR 20mg would be the ideal med to have

Well no.1 - stop the alcohol, as it + paracetamol (aminoacetophen) will do horrible damage to your liver

No.2 - make sure your diet has enough of the sort of stuff that makes passing wind horrible (it's the sulphur containing amino acids that the body turns into glutathione. Glutathione is what prevents the paracetamol metabolite, para aminophenol, from causing liver damage). Taking more than 4g of paracetamol in 24 hrs will deplete your body of glutathione.

No.3 - this is purely AN EMERGENCY OPTION, should you accidentally exceed 4000mg in 24 hrs. Get some N-acetylcysteine from a health food shop. It is far from cheap (50 x 600mg of NAC will cost in excess of £15, in the UK), but it is what an A&E dept will give you, via IV drip, if you're admitted with paracetamol poisoning. Thing is, the body can only convert NAC* into glutathione at a fixed rate, if given orally, so is really only useful up to about 6000-8000mg of paracetamol. Beyond that, it's a trip to hospital.

Couple of caveats regarding paracetamol poisoning. DO NOT think, well I feel ok, so no need to do anything. Paracetamol poisoning takes 2-3 days to produce symptoms and by that point, you are fucked and my ex (an NHS toxicologist) told me that paracetamol poisoning is possibly the worst way to die. The couple she has had to deal with meant that the patient produced screams you could hear all through the hospital, it is so painful
Also, NEVER try to administer NAC to yourself, via IV, as it can cause anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction) by IV. Under those conditions, you need the resources of a full A&E dept to ensure the anaphylaxis isn't fatal (need adrenaline, corticosteroids etc, to manage the reaction).

* - NAC = N-acetylcysteine

Just be fucking careful with paracetamol...