• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long will this hydrocodone last?

lif3sci

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I read about this topic on this forum but it was very dated.

I just took 5-6mg of hydrocodone from a cough syrup as a throat inflammation / asthma med, and I want to know how long will its effects last (if any)? I have a squash game to attend in 3 hours and a 30 minute drive. Is it safe to drive and go out in public?

This is my 4th time taking this dose in past 4 days and I usually take it before sleeping at night so I don't notice any effects. I took it with a light meal and a symbicort inhaler. I don't care much about the high (if there is any), just want to know if it's safe to drive and exercise 3 hours from now?

Thanks.

Hydrocodone may have peak levels at 30 to 60 min and a elimination of roughly 4 hours based on this my guess is youd have about half the hydrocodone still in your system if you where the average. However, individual absorbsion and elimination is variable and dependent on many factors.

It is impossible to know if it is safe for you to drive or playsports. Opiates effect inhibitory signals in your brain which can impair fine motor skills and alertness. This may increase your risk of serious injury. However, the probability and degree of impairment is likely atleast partially due to dose. So that being said since you are on a fda approved dosage and on the lower end of the theraputic doses given some may be too impaired tp drive or play sport esp if they just started the med however, many people do drive and play sports on doses much higher.