• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long will the RLS last...

JackiesBabyy

Bluelighter
I took about 30-80mg oxycodone per day (oral) for about two weeks. After spending that two weeks vomiting 50 times and having the time of my life doing. But I decided that the party was over two days ago. Since then I've been experiencing mild depression, sore joints(taking a lot of advil helps this) and, worst of all, RLS. How long should the RLS take to go away?

Only thing I've ever found to help RLS is Lyrica

i am scripted neurontin and the rls goes away about 30 minutes after dosing, slight mood uplift too.

At the worst, my withdrawal RLS lasted a week, with maybe day two and three being the worst.

It will be over soon. Taking ibuprofen or naproxen helps, as does taking a magnesium supplement, hot baths in Epsom salts and even going for a walk.

all good advice, like the above said without a bad habit the rls should be over soon, and please try not to pick up a hefty habit, it can happen quick.

depends if you've had an opiate habit beforehand

if not, should be only a couple days

Nope, limited to occasional use prior to the two week party. I've been having some problems lately so I used oxy to help me through it with less immense stress. It was fun, but since opiates aren't really my thing(euphoria is amazing but too short lived, the vomiting was annoying and I'm not a huge fan of downers, I'm a stimulant guy.) and I don't need a physical addiction on top of my mental addiction to stims, I stopped cold turkey about 4-5 days ago now and the sore joints are better, but the RLS is still bad. Only thing that helps a bit is weed (for about 45 minutes) and adderall(Which I use regularly anyway), but I don't want to waste all of my adderall to rid myself of RLS, how long would you estimate it should be until it goes away now? Remember, 30-80mg of oxy per day for two weeks, no prior opiate addiction, and it's been 4-5 days since my last one.

I can't believe no one has recommended the most obvious thing. Yes, RLS is a symptom of opiate withdrawal but acute RLS USUALLY only manifests itself with people going through severe withdrawal.

RLS also happens from malnutrition, and people who don't use opiates suffer with RLS every day. You should consider that there may be other reasons causing the RLS, and that it's not specifically from the oxy withdrawal. RLS usually occurs in people with low levels of potassium. I would recommend you start taking potassium supplements to see if that helps at all. If you start a potassium regiment, assuming your levels are low, you could see improvement in the RLS in as little as 24 hours.

Well, I'm not malnourished, I eat. I drink a lot of gatorade which has potassium in it, but only like 1% of the daily value so thats not enough. I actually ALWAYS have RLS but the past few days it's been intensified from "goddamn it can't stop tapping my leg" to "MY LEGS ARE GOING TO EXPLODE"

The longest I've had non-methadone was 4 days (from day 2-1/2-6). That said you've gotta hella habit scarfing down 17k worth of oxies in two weeks. Clonidine is good for RLS. For lack of sleep I find Seroquel will knock you out cold. Your local detox/hospital might hook you up with some Clonidine patches. Just be glad you're not kicking Methadone which entails about 9 days RLS and about 3 weeks total. Best of luck.

The longest I've had non-methadone was 4 days (from day 2-1/2-6). That said you've gotta hella habit scarfing down 17k worth of oxies in two weeks. Clonidine is good for RLS. For lack of sleep I find Seroquel will knock you out cold. Your local detox/hospital might hook you up with some Clonidine patches. Just be glad you're not kicking Methadone which entails about 9 days RLS and about 3 weeks total. Best of luck.

Meh, I'm thinking about asking for Mirapex or something anyway because I always have RLS and it always got bad sometimes, but I always forget about it until now I'm stuck with days of RLS.

17k!? i think you may have your prices, or math wrong.

If you "always" have RLS then it stands to reason that it's not due to any withdrawal or the withdrawal is not a large factor. I have a co-worker who was diagnosed with RLS and they gave him Hydrocodone for it. Go figure... He said it did help on the real bad days, he also says his RLS feels like thousands of pins being stuck into his flesh...

Yeah if you are prone to RLS opioids can help it and then cause worsened rebound RLS when you stop. Try some potassium and magnesium.

And guys, please don't talk about prices. They're different everywhere anyway, and price discussion is against the guidelines.

I dont know if it's related, but ever since I had a full blown iv addiction to methamp for 2 straight years I've had chronic rls, can't say for sure but I think it has something to do with dopamine, maybe I've permanently fucked my dopamine system up from it. Well I get prescribed ropinirole 4mg daily before bed and it's amazing, twenty mins after dosing my legs just ease back into their natural state, its such a relief!
However, I've heard bad things about dopamine agonists like ropinirole so now I keep them stashed in the cupboard until I really need them......... Or if im wd'ing from morphine, and for rls caused by withdrawing from opiates there is NOTHING I have found that eases it quite like ropinirole, not even insane doses of Diaz and soma work as well.
However, ropinirole is not without side effects, sudden temp fluctuations, sometimes nausea, and just a general malaise sometimes after taking it, which is why its now saved for emergencies like opiate wd's, because the positive effects on rls during a wd vastly overshadow any slight negatives you get from ropinirole. Such a usefull thing to have in the cupboard if you're the kind of person who finds themselves sick every other month.

I'd give it a week. When I stopped using subutex the RLS was really really bad, but it resolved in a little less then a week.