• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how long will naltrexone block opiates

whitechocolate32

Bluelighter
g'damnit how long does this bullshit stop the high feeling from opiates? i just wasted 2 garbage op 40's (hate the new oc's) because this morning i took some naltrexone..i got 3 more i want to save for tomorrow, i just don't want to waste them again...any input as to how long 50mg will block my receptors?:X

Naltrexone has a half life of 6 hours, however it has a metabolite 6-beta-naltrexol with a half life of 13 hours - though i am unsure if 6-beta-naltrexol is an antagonist, i am pretty sure it is. (though admittedly i could be wrong)

So you should be good tomorrow. Why would you take naltrexone, then pop some OCs the same day anyway :?

For future reference its called UTFSE.

thanks for the reply..... i haven't done anything in 3 days. i used the naltrexone because i have a script for it and it speeds up the withdrawl process for me a lot. even though thats not it's intended use. today is day 3 coming off 80 mg a day at the very least of some type of oxycodone for the last 3 weeks. today i was feeling better, the only symptom i have was going #2 a little more than usual-you guys know what i mean........anyways i DO NOT advise doing the naltrexone thing without xanax..the withdrawls the first day will have you checking yourself into a detox without them...i scored a bunch of oxys tonight at 7pm, took the naltrexone at 11 am, so i thought they would work but they didin't. i'm hoping if i take the rest in the morning i will be strait but i've heard people say this shit lasts 72 hours..believe me i have used the search engine on every format..this is usually the place for good first hand experience

That's surprising then. I don't have any first hand experience with naltrexone but i will still be surprised if you dose oxy tomorrow and it doesn't work based on the half life.

this is now more of an experiment for me........

ok well i did try a 20, 19 hours after taking naltrexone= nothing
then a 40, 22 hours after taking naltrexone=nothing
then a 40, 30 hours after and got a slight buzz.
my usual full dose is at least 80mg to feel very nice but i was hesitant to take a large dose and waste the op's. i do feel nice from 20mg usually, but go with 80+ for nice nice....

i wanted to share this because my extensive searching for first hand experience on this on the internet produced nothing.

i will not take any naltrexone and try again tomorrow-i will repost (my original dosage was 50mg of the naltrexone) it seems like it might take up to 2 full days to leave your system as far as opiate enjoyment

these new oc's are garbage. i have been an opiate user for a LONG time. i know my tolerance and ways to get it low. in my personal experience, these new op's you almost need to take 150% of the dose of the old oc's to have the same effect. i know the unbeatable time release has something to do with it, but even so, these are not as strong. i feel bad for the people that actually need to take these for pain. they were probably sucking their first couple of days.

i will update again tomorrow on time and dosage.

i think the fact that you're taking the newer OP's, at lower doses and initially maybe some residual effects from the naltexone all add up to why you're not feeling shit.

also, from http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.phar...raphs/CPS- (General Monographs- R)/REVIA.html

Clinical studies indicate that 50 mg of naltrexone will block the pharmacologic effects of 25 mg of i.v. administered heroin for periods as long as 24 hours. Other data suggest that doubling the dose of naltrexone provides blockade for 48 hours, and tripling the dose of naltrexone provides blockade for about 72 hours.

use the rurikk systum for those op's it works great... It's in the other drug forums here... You CAN still beat the time release with that systum. I've used it hundreds of times

Naltrexone may be out of your system in 24 hours according to "official" sources. In my experience, it takes at least 4 days from last use of naltrexone to feel some effects of opiates. Not until at least 5 days after last use is there full effect.

4-5 days makes sense, that's approximately 8-10 "total" half lives. It will reduce the total amount of naltrexol to 1/1000 of the initial dose.

Naltrexol is just as strong an antagonist as naltrexone, if not more.

Iv been taking 50 mgs of revia for two weeks. Wana get high. How long do i wait? Ty!

use the rurikk systum for those op's it works great... It's in the other drug forums here... You CAN still beat the time release with that systum. I've used it hundreds of times

Rurikk systum? Do you mean system? Elaborate..

Next day is enough time to wait according to literature. But the longer you wait that day, the better high you'll get, think of it that way. Though it sounds like your past the hard part of WD, so maybe this would be a good opportunity to take a break & recover rather than jump straight back in.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that if you took naltrexone as prescribed you would only take it 2-3 times a week, hence it would make sense that in order to get the full effects of any opiates you would have to wait a few day. However, this is just an educated guess based upon what I have read over the years.

So no bad side effects if ive 48 hours off 50 mgs of naltrexone.just mite not get high? Iv googled and searched....

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone mathematically-minded can help here. I took a 50mg oral tablet of this stuff last night at 8pm. From what I've read, the drug's active metabolite is 6-beta-naltrexol with a half-life of 13hrs. My question is, how long until nearly all of the drug is removed from the system? It's just that I don't really understand kinetics very well and would appreciate some help!

Reason I ask is that I'd like to be able to enjoy a few drinks this Thursday with some mates for my birthday. And as naltrexone is thought to affect the endogenous opioid system, I want to actually ENJOY them, i.e. get a buzz/drunk. Will I even have to wait until Thursday for the alcohol to have it's normal effect?

Any help is appareciated!

Cheers,

Chris

about that Half-Life and effects thereafter

I took naltrexone 50mg for a week and then wanted to give myself a short break, first day off the naltrexone a full 36 hours later and after taking 5 Norco 10/325 pills, barely felt anything but I did get a little tiny nothingness, perhaps 25-30% normal buzz. Next day, about 48-60 hours later took 6 and it was a little better but still the rush wasnt really there, lets say 55-60% normal buzz. Next day, in the evening, so we are talking well over 72 hours, like 90 hours later than last dose of revia, took 5 vics and its about 85-90% of what it should be. A bit more of the rush but still not full on, figured my receptors would be sensitive but they still have that damn naltrexone doing its long ass Half-Life and then half of that and half of that half etc. Im sure the longer you take it the longer it takes to clear out since the oral pill is a huge dose of 50mg. Essentially what you experience when doing opiates shortly after taking naltrexone, is a slower climax of your buzz, so when it hits you slower there is less of a rush if any at all, but you sort of still get the warmth and pain reduction. Naltrexone works very well for it purposes. Kept me clean with only mild MENTAL cravings, basically just old fond memories of a good warm brain buzz. I imagine alcohol would require the same wait period. That part is a shame, I don't have a drinking problem and I wish I could still have a coke and rum when I visit my dad but it just makes me tired when im on naltrexone. After just a few sips im like, yeah this is pointless.

Last edited:
Take advantage of this opportunity

By the way my doctor is very intelligent, knows alot about naltrexone and has great success with it. He tells me the half life is 36 hours, meaning that if you take 50mg at 6:00am then at lunch time 12:00pm the NEXT day, you still have enough naltrexone in your system to dampen any opiate effect. He is correct. I proved that. In other words, once you start taking it for a decent period of time, like a few days or a few weeks, it doesn't really make any sense to stop or take a break because you won't get your instant gratification from your opiate of choice. Im getting back on the Revia as soon as this hydrocodone gets out of my system, which for me takes about 3 days. But I only took beans for maybe 3 days so I could probably start the naltrexone on day 2. I have a fast metabolism, dont try my fast pace if you dont detox fast. Know your body. I will always have a place in my heart for opiates but for now I need to live my life and naltrexone is a God send in my opinion. Take advantage of it if you are blessed enough to have access to a script of it. Many people who need it don't even know about it yet. Worth an honest try right? Dont give up yall, theres a champion in us all. God bless you all.

Although naltexone does clog up the opiate receptors some, its main purpose as far as most bluelights would attest in in suboxone and its a common myth that its what ruins opiates in the suboxone formula. If you dig deep you will find naltrexone more or less takes away some of the euphoric feeling from the buphrenorphine, its speculated to be highly expensive and used as a marketing ploy to scare users from injecting as well. None of these are really true. Naltrexone has nowhere near the binding affinity bupe has......lehmans terms........bupe sticks to your pleasure center in your brain for days, literally. Thats why most people consider taking opiates on bupe is a waste. I find for pain relief purpose its weaker, but not a complete waste. The less bupe your on the better IMO. So if all your trying to get outta your smack oxys or whatever you have is a euphoric high.......wait a day maybe two or your gonna be butthurt you wasted good opiates. Otherwise its not a total waste.

I took half of a 50 mg pill last night around midnight it is now 1pm the next day. I tried smoking some dope this morning and didn't feel anything. How long do I have to wait to get high again. It was my first time ever taking naltrexone and I took it while I was high already. Please help, don't want to waste the rest of my dope but want to get high. Thank you.

Although naltexone does clog up the opiate receptors some, its main purpose as far as most bluelights would attest in in suboxone and its a common myth that its what ruins opiates in the suboxone formula. If you dig deep you will find naltrexone more or less takes away some of the euphoric feeling from the buphrenorphine......

Hey Streetpharmacist84, don't wanna be the pharmacy police but Suboxone is a Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Narcan) preparation, like the gear the paramedics pump into you if they find you overdosed, Naloxone/Narcan has a fairly short half life (apparently about 31-81 minutes give or take a standard deviation or two) and is more effectively delivered in my humble understanding via IV, it will rapid detox the patient and in cases of overdose, reverse the effects causing respiratory/cardiovascular depression. If Naltrexone and Suboxone are taken together they will "compete" for receptor position and this will go on for both of their relatively lengthy half lives, this is why suboxone is popular with naltrexone implant patients because there is still potential for euphoria, albeit somewhat diminished. On another note, I'm a little concerned about the number of people here suggesting they "reset" their tolerance using Naltrexone......, very dangerous practice, although I'm sure the more experienced users here are not silly enough to over do it once the Naltrexone (Revia) has worn off, however I would suggest that some people who come here for advice might not have the same knowledge base. Naltrexone does lower tolerance and has been the subject of several debates about its efficacy in the treatment of opiate dependency due to the phenomenon of skipped doses and subsequent death from accidental opiate overdose noted in various clinical trials and there is literature that explains this (first point of call might be google scholar then your friendly university library journal database if you are interested). This is reflected in the pricing for the drug in Australia at least, if you try to have Revia or its generic cousins prescribed in Australia for opiate dependency you will find that this is an "off label use" and you will also find it is not subsidized by the Australian government's Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and therefore you will pay the full $125-190 for a months supply as opposed to the $6.10 if it is prescribed for the treatment of alcoholism.

Be very careful detoxing using this drug to reset tolerance as rapid detox puts significant strain on the body (in particular the heart, lungs, brain) and is particularly unpleasant (although its all over quicker unless you're detoxing from methadone). I wouldn't do this at home myself I would go somewhere for a detox but if you must, definitely have something in the way of a calmative available and have someone reliable on hand to call the paramedics if it all goes south. If you're gunna use when it wears off....., start with something small like a Paracetemol/Codeine preparation 500mg/30mg, you should be able to feel the effects of two tablets relatively well after the naltrexone has worn off and it wont kill you. This should give you a gauge on your tolerance and whether the naltrexone has worn off.