• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long will it take to clear my body of Fluoxetine (Prozac)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pally pete

Bluelighter
Hello all...

I started on Fluoxetine back in April at 20 mg per day. Then upped the dose to 40mg in April;neither dose really helped. I've now tapered off, taking my final dose exactly 7 days ago. So after 8 months on this medication, roughly how long until it is all metabolised? Or at least completely inactive in my body? When would I be safe to consume Amitriptyline? Or anything else Serotonergic?

WARNING:Codeine does not work at all whilst on this medication. Would Carbamazepine (A potent CYP450 pathway inducer) counteract the CYP inhibition of the Fluoxetine?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance. ;)

I would stop playing around with the enzymes man. It's going to be more trouble than benefit. You should typically wait at least 2 weeks post-maintenance-cessation of SSRI medications before taking any kind of drug that could produce Serotonin Syndrome. I consider this to be fairly clear cut, any objections to closing and moving onward? Fluoxetine (Prozac)'s inhibiting ability is actually fairly weak by the way. There are other SSRI's like Fluvoxamine (Luvox) that can powerfully mess with your enzymes, but Fluoxetine's action will be almost negligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.