• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How long will it take to become dependant on benzos?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I've been using Clonazepam therapeutically for about 4 days. Should I stop now and have a break before dependance kicks in? Cheers guy!

'how long' depends on the person aswell as everyday is different so....... some as little as a week, for others a month but generally 30 days of consecutive use will definately more than not have some sort of psychological grip because it becomes the new 'normal'

Might i suggest if you really need clonazepam that you take breaks and use an alternative such as Pregabalin/gabapentin lyrica or phenibut? which are gabapentinoids that are very similar to benzos

Am I the only one that doesn't feel shit from phenibut? Or maybe I should try again, it was 5 years ago. Did not help my anxiety, as much as I remember.

Am I the only one that doesn't feel shit from phenibut? Or maybe I should try again, it was 5 years ago. Did not help my anxiety, as much as I remember.
i don't either but... i also eat doses of lyrica/pentin that would otherwise probably nuke others so i guess its relative and depends on tolerance to benzos/gabapentinoids phenibut is appearently weaker than lyrica but more on-par but perhaps lesser than gabapentin.

Might i suggest if you really need clonazepam that you take breaks and use an alternative such as Pregabalin/gabapentin lyrica or phenibut? which are gabapentinoids that are very similar to benzos

Its funny u should say that ive cos im actually prescribed Pregabalin! But I havent been taking it, ive been taking the clonaz instead. Maybe I should switch for a bit?

Taking a gabaergic drugs of some sort every day will gradually imbalance you over time and downregulate a lot of receptors, but you can avoid physical addiction to anything if you rotate drugs. It's a dangerous game to play, though, as the potential is easily there to become physically dependent on all of them. When I was coming off of GHB, I alternated alcohol (could do alcohol more often as it's harder for me to develop a physical dependence, I can even drink daily as long as I keep it to the night time and I've never had physical dependence, but some are more susceptible than others), benzos, phenibut, gabapentin (I alternated phenibut and gabapentin every time "gabapentinoid" came up in the sequence - pregabalin is also a gabapentinoid), and stimulants. One every day, one day of it then the next type. I gradually reduced dosages of this, I was physically dependent on phenibut still, and gabapentin caused some cross-withdrawal, because GHB and phenibut are both GABA-B agonists, so I switched the physical dependence to phenibut. Then I tapered off phenibut with the other drugs. Now I don't need any of them although I still enjoy them sometimes, but it's a dangerous game since I have been in hardcore addiction before (to opiates... those I won't touch anymore).

Taking a gabaergic drugs of some sort every day will gradually imbalance you over time and downregulate a lot of receptors, but you can avoid physical addiction to anything if you rotate drugs. It's a dangerous game to play, though, as the potential is easily there to become physically dependent on all of them. When I was coming off of GHB, I alternated alcohol (could do alcohol more often as it's harder for me to develop a physical dependence, I can even drink daily as long as I keep it to the night time and I've never had physical dependence, but some are more susceptible than others), benzos, phenibut, gabapentin (I alternated phenibut and gabapentin every time "gabapentinoid" came up in the sequence - pregabalin is also a gabapentinoid), and stimulants. One every day, one day of it then the next type. I gradually reduced dosages of this, I was physically dependent on phenibut still, and gabapentin caused some cross-withdrawal, because GHB and phenibut are both GABA-B agonists, so I switched the physical dependence to phenibut. Then I tapered off phenibut with the other drugs. Now I don't need any of them although I still enjoy them sometimes, but it's a dangerous game since I have been in hardcore addiction before (to opiates... those I won't touch anymore).
pretty sure you can kick anythings ass if you can beat opiate addiction/dependency ^_^