• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs How long until phenibut withdrawal generally kicks in?

Yeah I've always had the addictive personality. Even when I was younger, like 10-11, I would drink 4-5 energy drinks a day Lol I've been a cigarette smoker since 12. Which luckily I was able to quit last year and switch to vaping.

I need to stay off drugs. Ive always been a heavy pot smoker, when me and that girl broke up and i got on the phenibut I started dating another girl and we we're smoking 5-10 blunts of good stuff a day. I haven't smoked bud in a good three months. Mainly because the habit was costing me $300+ a week lol

I feel like I'm at a turning point in my life. I can take this opportunity of sobriety to better myself, or I can be wreckless and go deeper next time life has me down. I'm trying to get into exercising more and consuming a better diet. I've really put my body through a lot of shit over the years.

No sorry joey, I meant a week of gabapentin. I've been on doses ranging from 2-6g a day for about 2 months.

No sorry joey, I meant a week of gabapentin. I've been on doses ranging from 2-6g a day for about 2 months.

Oh so you're cold turkying off phenibut? I though you meant you we're getting off gabapentin. So you're using the gabapentin to help with the phenibut withdrawal? I hear that's the best med to use for phen withdrawal. I was practically begging my doctor for it a while back before I started to taper off. Lol. Ive read the best way to take the gaba is to start at a high dosage and then taper off it during the week of withdrawal.

Oh it might be... I just take 300mg 3x a day and by day 7 I'm down to one in the morning, maybe, and one at night to guarantee I sleep. So I guess I do a taper.

I remember reading your post about begging for them and getting denied. I was soooo pissed. I thought of what I'd say to the doctor, and if your interested, it goes as follows:

"Joey I won't prescribe that to you"

"You mean you won't prescribe an uncontrolled, non habit forming (not necessarily true but the drs think it isn't), and unabusable medication which has no realistic ld50, to prevent me from feeling a horrific, dangerous withdrawal? A medication routinely given out to opioid addicts to assist with paws, a medication that is legal to purchase from online pharmacies with no prescription? A medication which the manufacturers got sued over for drs over prescribing for anything from anxiety to post acute wds,.while the label is for epileptics? I could possibly seizure from this, and in worst cases become psychotic? You won't do this for what reason? You took an oath to do no harm, but refusing this medication, which most people would get simply by asking, is doing harm. I want this refusal in my chart so if I do sieze, it would be shown you had a chance to stop it and refused?

Sorry to go off but that did upset me. On the plus side, you're pretty amazing for sticking to the taper for so long and it sounds like it paid off. You are a strong dude. Good luck.

Yeah I was pretty pissed. I actually got denied twice, once at my doctors, and once at the er. Idk. I think I have substance abuse on my medical record. But still gabapentin is hardly a type of med people are trying to get to abuse.

Yeah though, the taper seem to have paid off. I still feel a bit off. But it's not bad at all.

Just wanted to update. Its been almost 88 hours I believe. I still feel "off", but I have no anxiety, no noticeable depression, and I just slept 8 hours without taking any meds to help me.

The one symptom I'm noticing is very vivid dreams. You could almost call them nighmares. But I've had a lot of experience with lucid dreaming and what not in the past so theyre not really phasing me.

All in all I think I'll be back to baseline in a week or two

I totally understand what you mean about vivid dreams, like nightmares. If you're full on clucking from phenibut, the little sleep I do get is pretty scary shit.

Yeah last night was my third night off, and I noticed it was a little harder for me to fall asleep. I had a crazy dream about a giant man eating lizard crawling in bed with me. It was pretty wicked. Lol. Its crazy what coming off these types of drugs can do to your sleep.

I'm 100 hours since my last dose and I'm feeling a bit crazy right now. A little bit on edge. Still nothing unbearable. But definitely worst than yesterday and the day before. This feeling just came on about 2 hours ago.

I usually go to sleep soon so im curious to see if thats going to happen.

I think the crazies comes and goes in waves. At least for me it seemed to. First four days off etizolam were "okay". Fifth was crappy. Sixth day was better than the previous. And so on.

Hopefully, it's just an off day and you're back to feeling better today.

Joey? How's it going man? I'm at 120 hours myself, so I'm hoping another 2 days and I'm done. I briefly thought about buying another bin, but that would have to be the stupidest idea ever. I think I'm good without this shit, that's for sure. This isn't my first phenibut withdrawal, either with or without gabapentin, and I forgot how badly this stuff ruins your tolerance to caffeine

Joey? How's it going man? I'm at 120 hours myself, so I'm hoping another 2 days and I'm done. I briefly thought about buying another bin, but that would have to be the stupidest idea ever. I think I'm good without this shit, that's for sure. This isn't my first phenibut withdrawal, either with or without gabapentin, and I forgot how badly this stuff ruins your tolerance to caffeine

I've lost track of how many hours I'm at but today is day 5 for me I believe Lol I'm doing alright. I still feel a little out of it, but I think it'll be over in a couple days hopefully. I've been staying busy and spending a lot of time outdoors.

I still have half a tub of it sitting around. Surprisingly I haven't had the urge to take any. After spending two months tapering Id hate myself if I fucked it all up at this point.

I've lost track of how many hours I'm at but today is day 5 for me I believe Lol I'm doing alright. I still feel a little out of it, but I think it'll be over in a couple days hopefully. I've been staying busy and spending a lot of time outdoors.

I still have half a tub of it sitting around. Surprisingly I haven't had the urge to take any. After spending two months tapering Id hate myself if I fucked it all up at this point.

Awesome.joey it's so cool to see people's success stories. I'm at day 6 myself, 300 mg gabapentin in the morning and I could probably stop that, and 300 at night. Likewise I could probably stop that but will keep it gong through the end of day 7.

Don't you feel so much better knowing all that hard work at tapering paid of in the end??

Do you have any plans to continue using, just with a restricted schedule.m, or are you done?

Awesome.joey it's so cool to see people's success stories. I'm at day 6 myself, 300 mg gabapentin in the morning and I could probably stop that, and 300 at night. Likewise I could probably stop that but will keep it gong through the end of day 7.Don't you feel so much better knowing all that hard work at tapering paid of in the end??Do you have any plans to continue using, just with a restricted schedule.m, or are you done?
I'mma stay off this shit for at least 6 months. Then decide if I think it's possible for me to keep it at once a week. Lol.