• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs How long until phenibut withdrawal generally kicks in?

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
Long story short I've been taking it daily since October of last year. I started a taper a couple months ago. I got down from 3-3.5g a day to 300mg. I decided to skip my dose yesterday to see what happens.

In 30 minuets it'll be 36 hours since my last dose. I'm currently not feeling any withdrawal effects that I can notice. I also slept a full 8 hours last night without taking my dose of phenibut. Is this typical? When does withdrawal usually kick in with this stuff?

when I had a slight problem my withdrawal was worst at the 24-48hr mark. but because you dropped the way you did, and left off at 300MG, I think you should be fine. there may be SLIGHT withdrawals but nothing too bad since you left off at such a low dosage.

I abused for 2 months straight and usually taking up to 6G's a day; 3 in the AM and 3 in the PM. after 2 months I just stopped cold turkey and it was very shitty for 3-4 days but I was on OTHER drugs at the time and it surly helped, lol

when I had a slight problem my withdrawal was worst at the 24-48hr mark. but because you dropped the way you did, and left off at 300MG, I think you should be fine. there may be SLIGHT withdrawals but nothing too bad since you left off at such a low dosage.

I abused for 2 months straight and usually taking up to 6G's a day; 3 in the AM and 3 in the PM. after 2 months I just stopped cold turkey and it was very shitty for 3-4 days but I was on OTHER drugs at the time and it surly helped, lol

Yeah this is actually my second time withdrawaling. My first withdrawal was about three years ago. I took massive doses daily for a couple months, and when I quit I didn't even realize the reason I felt so shitty was because of withdrawal. Lol. I was like 17 back then and unaware phenibut could cause withdrawal.

I have xanax, klonopin, and a pound of kava kava on hand. Im trying to use those very sparingly though. I don't need a benzo problem on top of all this. I might take .5mg of the xanax if I can't sleep tonight or somthing.

I have xanax, klonopin, and a pound of kava kava on hand. Im trying to use those very sparingly though. I don't need a benzo problem on top of all this. I might take .5mg of the xanax if I can't sleep tonight or somthing.

wow, you are more than OK w/ what you have here. you will have NO PROBLEMS at all if you take these. the kava itself should fight off all withdrawal and the benzos, like you said, will surly put you to sleep. if you do not have a tolerance all you will need is .5-1MG TOPS of a xanax. and yes, the last thing anyone needs is a benzo problem, so make sure only to take small dosage and for a short period of time.

wow, you are more than OK w/ what you have here. you will have NO PROBLEMS at all if you take these. the kava itself should fight off all withdrawal and the benzos, like you said, will surly put you to sleep. if you do not have a tolerance all you will need is .5-1MG TOPS of a xanax. and yes, the last thing anyone needs is a benzo problem, so make sure only to take small dosage and for a short period of time.

Yeah Ive actually only taken benzos a handful of times in my life so my tolerance is non existent. Ive heard the most i should take the benzos is 7 days. Ill probably only take them for 3-5. If i even end up needing them at all.

Its crazy because Ive spent months fearing this withdrawal. And now that I'm 36 hours past my last dose it seems like I over prepared myself for this. Lol.

you did a great job tapering; I never had the patience for that and would always just quit cold turkey. seems like that taper saved you the hassle that usually comes w/ WD's. but you never know, you may still get hit w/ a small withdrawal, so dont expect it to be completely over yet. you have more than enough things to keep your withdrawal minimum tho, so just keep the kava and benzos on hand.

you'll be fine, dude.

you did a great job tapering; I never had the patience for that and would always just quit cold turkey. seems like that taper saved you the hassle that usually comes w/ WD's. but you never know, you may still get hit w/ a small withdrawal, so dont expect it to be completely over yet. you have more than enough things to keep your withdrawal minimum tho, so just keep the kava and benzos on hand.

you'll be fine, dude.

Yeah Im waiting until I get to the 48 hour mark until I start celebrating. Lol.

Tapering wasn't the most fun experience. I would drop 50-100mg every few days and each drop would come with it's own slight "withdrawal". I was planning on jumping off at 50mg. But I kind of got fed up with the taper and I'm already at such a low dose. If I get hit with a bad withdrawal I'll just jump back on at like 250mg and go from there.

I feel like I psyched myself out into tapering so long. All the stories I read about phenibut withdrawal sounded terrible. And I guess it's human nature to want to try and avoid something like that. I bet if I jumped off cold turkey two months ago Id be feeling normal by now though lol

I just redid the math and I'm actually 42 hours since my last dose. 6 more hours and I'll start to believe I'm in the clear.

I think I may be starting to feel a little rebound anxiety. Nothing anywhere near unbearable though. Just a slight feeling of uneasyness.

Hey joey I've been following your taper for a while, and I'm on day 2 ct with gabapentin, you should update us on your progress!

Hey joey I've been following your taper for a while, and I'm on day 2 ct with gabapentin, you should update us on your progress!

I'm right at 66 hours past my last dose. I slept 12 hours last night, and even though I don't feel 100% "normal", Im definitely not experiencing a hard core withdrawal. I think tapering really did the trick here. I have a supply of xanax, klonopin, and kava kava, but I haven't felt the need to use any of it. Which is surprising to say the least.

Did you taper at all off the gabapentin?

gabapentin is another where there is NOT MUCH of a worry unless HEAVILY abused/used for a long-ass time.

I am scripted gaba myself and NEVER have a worry in the world.

man, anytime I talk about withdrawals I start to realize all the fucking drugs I do/am on.. its kinda sad.

gabapentin is another where there is NOT MUCH of a worry unless HEAVILY abused/used for a long-ass time.

I am scripted gaba myself and NEVER have a worry in the world.

man, anytime I talk about withdrawals I start to realize all the fucking drugs I do/am on.. its kinda sad.

Yeah, I'm more of a one drug kind of person. I get hooked on something for a while then go through withdrawals and then get hooked on something else. Lol

I haven't tapered the gaba but I'm only on day 2, plus with a week usage there's no need. You just take for a week and stop, voila no withdrawals just a feeling that something is kinda off.

I'm right at 66 hours past my last dose. I slept 12 hours last night, and even though I don't feel 100% "normal", Im definitely not experiencing a hard core withdrawal. I think tapering really did the trick here. I have a supply of xanax, klonopin, and kava kava, but I haven't felt the need to use any of it. Which is surprising to say the least.

Joey - I must give big props to you for the well controlled, informed and by all measures successful taper off a strong GABAnergic drug! I hope a lot of people with benzo and phenibut dependencies are reading this and getting some inspiration and idea of how to do this properly and on their own.

I predict a wave (bigger than the current wave, tsunami like) of benzo w/d-ing folks over the next couple of years - at least until the word really gets out how terrifying and possibly deadly the w/ds are from these substances. But there will always be someone in this position reading our great forum and hopefully they'll UTFSE to come across this.

Maybe this thread should be copied over to a forum more recovery based? Let's hope that by remembering your strength and wisdom those of us also tapering similar drugs will stick to our tapers and not cave to cravings.

Congrats, and I am pretty damn sure you'll maintain your control over substances as long as you don't loose sight of how bad this could have been had you not brought it all to the table and gone all in on a dedicated effort to not fuck yourself like so many of us do. Damn. Fine. Job.

Last edited:
Joey - I must give big props to you for the well controlled, informed and by all measures successful taper off a strong GABAnergic drug! I hope a lot of people with benzo and phenibut dependencies are reading this and getting some inspiration and idea of how to do this properly and on their own.

I predict a wave (bigger than the current wave, tsunami like) of benzo w/d-ing folks over the next couple of years - at least until the word really gets out how terrifying and possibly deadly the w/ds are from these substances. But there will always be someone in this position reading our great forum and hopefully they'll UTFSE to come across this.

Maybe this thread should be copied over to a forum more recovery based? Let's hope that by remembering your strength and wisdom those of us also tapering similar drugs will stick to our tapers and not cave to cravings.

Congrats, and I am pretty damn sure you'll maintain your control over substances as long as you don't loose sight of how bad this could have been had you not brought it all to the table and gone all in on a dedicated effort to not fuck yourself like so many of us do. Damn. Fine. Job.

It was definitely a struggle not to give up and take more during the taper. Every now and then Id want to just give in and take my usual 3g. But I'm glad I didn't, two months of tapering down is too much to throw away for a day of feeling good.

The simple fact that anybody now days can order grams of pure highly potent benzo rc's from the internet is asking for trouble. Phenibut is one hell of a drug itself. From what I hear though, benzos are a whole new level of withdrawal. I think seizure wise phenibut isnt a big worry, but if I we're taking something like etizolam or flubromazolam for 9 months straight Id probably have to be hospitalized and detoxed off. I wouldn't trust myself to taper off hardcore benzo usage.

In 3 hours it'll be 72 hours since my last dose. I feel fine at the moment. Better than I did while tapering surprisingly. I predict I'll still feel "off" for a couple weeks. But a month from now I expect I'll feel 100% back to baseline. GABA drugs really are no joke. I'm planning to stay off all GABA related drugs for a good 6 months. Ill actually be 21 in January so Ill celebrate by going out and having a few drinks.

I haven't tapered the gaba but I'm only on day 2, plus with a week usage there's no need. You just take for a week and stop, voila no withdrawals just a feeling that something is kinda off.

Ah that makes sense. A week isn't that bad.

god bless you, kid.. esp. for being able to taper like that at such a young age. here I am at 32 and I struggle w/ MANY addictions; Phenibut is not something I worry much about but its something I've been using for around 6-7 years but always manage to keep to use minimal.

god bless you, kid.. esp. for being able to taper like that at such a young age. here I am at 32 and I struggle w/ MANY addictions; Phenibut is not something I worry much about but its something I've been using for around 6-7 years but always manage to keep to use minimal.

I've always got myself tied up in addiction. Coke at 16, Meth at 17, then I was practically an alcoholic 18-19. I lost my job, my apartment, and who I thought to be the love of my life 9 months ago. Which is basically why I ordered that first tub of phenibut. I guess I fall into that category of people who use drugs to cope with shit. I'm lucky it was just phenibut and I didn't pick up a needle or something crazy. I always tell people the day someone catches me at a bad time and shoves some heroin in front of me will probably be the beginning of the end lol

Just out of curiosity, you say you've used phenibut for 6-7 years? Whats your use look like? I hear anything more than once a week is asking for trouble.

well, one piece of advice to you man is to just BE CAREFUL and IF POSSIBLE, DROP ALL THINGS NOW! sure, if you go out w/ the boys, you can have a drink or two. jut dont DRIVE, cuz I picked up 2 DUI's and I hardly fucking drink but if you look at me record you'd think I am a raging alcoholic.

I also had an addictive personality all throughout life. when I was young it was just weed almost every day, ecstasy on the weekends, ketamine and crystal meth when going to clubs and whatnot.

eventually it all caught up to me and before you know it was I was doing Oxy 80's. ended up getting arrested, going to jail, meeting the wrong people, getting caught up w/ perc 30's for a bit, and then BOOM, before you know it was it was HEROIN and I was SHOOTING it - that was 6 or 7 years ago and I've been doing it since. nowadays I am on bupe/suboxone and able to keep a handle, but its not easy, man.. so just be careful. I am sure you heard this a million times, but I am just letting you know because I was once in your shoes.

I've been using phenibut because back when I was 21 I used to used GHB and I FUCKING LOVED IT! I was living in NYC at the time and that was a "club drug" out htere. once I moved back to Boston GHB was hard to find, so I started reading these boards more and more and finally found SOMETHING that was CLOSE but not exactly the same; that drug being Phenibut.

I will buy Phenibut here and there and go through 100G's over the course of a month or two. I use it 2-3 times a week w/ multiple days off throughout. and once I run out I leave it be for at least another month or so before I order a new batch. I try to never abuse the stuff because although it makes me feel good at times, its really nothing special compared to all the other drugs I've been on, lol.