• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine How long until its safe to use coke after oxycontin?

Vetrarland

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I took 40mg oxycontin exactly 4 hours ago and I was wondering if it would be safe to start taking some lines? I know opioids and cocaine can be deadly together and I dont want to take any unnecessary chances.

Thanks in advance! :)

The danger in stims and opiates is the possibility of taking too much of the opiate without knowing because you're stimulated.

As mentioned it seems the risk is mainly an increased risk of overdose given the short duration of action of cocaine, however the combination of the two seems to bring about dangers greater than the sum of its parts (as is the case with drug combinations in general -- though there is often one causative agent, fatal drug overdoses usually involve multiple substances).

In others you're probably fine to use the cocaine, though in rare circumstances, you may not be. No answer is definitive but probabilistically you seem to be in pretty good shape.

Jst took 2 small lines of coke almost 8 hours after the oxy, purity is around 85-87% if that changes anything.
I nodded off for a bit earlier on oxy alone but after taking those two lines I'm getting really really really tired... is it easier getting respiratory depression/failure/death if you fall asleep? Is it safe to go to sleep or should I stay swake?

I just read there's a second release in about 7 hours also so was that like really bad timing...

8 hours between taking oxy and coke should be fine, just dont co-administer them.

Þthank you for your reply ut msde me feel a lot safer, I dcan see my grammarm isnt edwfrlt on point, I apologiseBBC for that. Ive fallen asleeæ at least 20 times while tryint to write thismessage and cam barely keep my eyes opened and I pretty much see dvuvle whem they are open not evenexaggeratint nxhaha.

Thank you all of you!