• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long until I can take Diazepam?

EggrollThunder

Greenlighter
Hey everyone! I'm not an extremely new Bluelighter, but I can't seem to get in my old account. (It's been a while).
I just tried posting this, but I don't think it went through (Incognito signed me out)

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post in (hoping it is, my apologies if it's not.)
I've tried an extensive search on multiple websites, however I can't seem to find anything to answer my question.

I took a 10mg Diazepam this morning, (aprox 10-11 hours ago) that I'm prescribed for anxiety (I don't take it daily, only when my anxiety is acting up). I've never been one to mix my benzos and opiates, however about 4 hours ago I took a small amount of H. Also took a little more about 2 1/2 hours ago. (ROA is IV) Not enough to really even give me much of a buzz, definitely not enough to get a rush.
I have a pretty high tolerance to H, and it takes 20-30mg Diazepam for me to feel anything if I'm trying to take it for recreational purposes, which i don't necessarily do often.

My question is, How long after taking a small amount of H until I can safely take another Diazepam? (Obviously not trying to die :p)
I'm not trying to potentiate my H, I'm just having some bad anxiety, and I know sleep tonight is going to be difficult.

I know mixing the two isn't a good idea, and can be very dangerous if not deadly. I don't plan on taking any H for the rest of the night. So, how long after using should I wait until I can take one?
Thank you for taking your time to read, and thank you for your input! :)

Diazepam gas a super long half life 20 to 100 hours and its active metabolite 36 to 200 hours so its easy to get yourself into trouble as you might stop feeling it but that doesnt mean it isnt steal in your blood and effecting your breathing judgement ect.

I would wait at least 12 hours from using H till you take more diazepam. If you took some heroin around 12 pm, then at around 10 pm at night wanted to take one or two valium, 10-20 mg of diazepam, you should be safe I just wouldn't take more valium then you normally would, especially when opiates are in the picture.

Good luck and be safe my friend

I would wait at least 12 hours from using H till you take more diazepam. If you took some heroin around 12 pm, then at around 10 pm at night wanted to take one or two valium, 10-20 mg of diazepam, you should be safe I just wouldn't take more valium then you normally would, especially when opiates are in the picture.

Good luck and be safe my friend

Pretty much sums it up if you can handle 30 normally wouldn't be super dangerous . And half life doesn't equate speed of absorbtion or how long the high lasts/CNS depression . Valium kicks in quicker than klonopin and klonopin has much shorter half life but that's off topic

It's impossible to say. I've watched people literally die in a medical sense from an amount of drugs that wouldn't make me flinch, not counting tolerance in the picture. Everybody is different, making it actually very dangerous to make suggestions regarding Benzodiazepines and Opioids. This is not the be all, end all, but the man in question, that I witnessed go blue, had taken 1mg Clonazepam (Klonopin) earlier in the day. He didn't even take it in conjunction with the dope and the ~.1 bag was enough to put him out easy, like, drop to the floor with a thud.

You have to know your own body and know your limits. You also must understand that when you undertake combining dangerous drugs like this, there are inevitable risk. You cannot ever eliminate the risk, unfortunately. The risk of Heroin in itself is always present, but Benzodiazepines effectively make the endeavor a gamble.

Diazepam is especially worrisome to me in this scenario. It's going to much harder to actually guage your level of Benzodiazepine intoxication considering the drug's long duration of action. I was on Diazepam once for a 3 day detox from Alcohol and had virtually no memory of the two days after being released from the detox ward.