• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long to use OXY after W/D?

Rare_Focus

Greenlighter
hey guys, first post. New to Blue Light. Grammar not really a concern of mine as I need quick answers. Was using oxy 30mg/hydro 8mg dilaudid the past month and a half. Dosage was in the beginning just one pill---8mg dilaudid --- then 30mg oxy....then the last couple weeks became 60mg oxy----and when i didn't have that it was 16mg dilaudid. Not every single day. But my biggest two binges during this time was 4 days. Then a few days abstained, then 5 days in a row again. I then went cold turkey for about 70 hours. Was absolute hell i had panic attacks the first 24 hrs. I then used 12mg of Hydro around that 72 hr mark. and 6 hours later I was in full blown withdrawal, shook like a fucking newbie Eskimo in Antarctica thought my bones were going to break. only lasted a night. but the anxiety next day was relentless. day after was no anxiety, then the next was anxiety all day again, except no panic attacks. I am now on day 6. Last time I used was last Tuesday at around Midnight. Went into withdrawal around 5:30am that morning(fucking hell).

Anyways, its been almost 7 days and I am feeling really good. I haven't been having any depression at all to be honest, i go to work and crack up and joke and have a good time with co workers all week. I have two OXY 30mg in my cabinet right now with a couple of xanax bars i bought recently to help with anxiety which i break in half when i take. I also have access to methadone and subutex from my dude.

What do you guys think??? think i'll reset my withdrawal? I feel pretty good, no brain fog, no physical symptoms. Anxiety still lingering though a bit..... thats really the only thing. But I also think that at this point the anxiety is heavily mental.

I guess i should also add that i quit smoking pot and cigarettes as well(which i was doing almost every day during this time) on top of the opiates. which I think has an added affect on this anxiety that I am experiencing.

Last edited:
Ideally, you should wait until, never! Alas, I know that that's probably not the type of move you're looking to make at this point in your journey. No worries, nor am I myself ready. I find your utter disregard for grammar to be a far more severe issue, but we'll tackle that at a later time (Nobody truly cares).

Typically, the time in which it is most disproportionately devastating to your progress to indulge in Opioids is going to be while still enduring the acute phase of your withdrawal. What this means, is that you need to be most weary while in the time period of 0 - 72+ hours past your last use. Introducing a large(r) dosage to your system at this time can set you back a great deal.

Being that your acute withdrawal has mostly resolved, you're most likely not going to reset severe systems (vomiting, anorexia, severe diarrhea etc.), but it's really anybody's guess. The truth is that if you're looking to jump back into usage after your withdrawal, now is probably prime time. Be aware that this definitely ain't a science that we work with here in terms of our predictions. I think most would agree, that with Opioids, you typically are fine on morning, than the next, than the next, than you're totally fucked with little wiggle room in between, at least from the perspective of the user.

Yes, I am not ready to give it up just yet. I have a good head on my shoulders and I know I can't be a victim of a full blown addiction where I lose everything as my naturally strong will and personality simply won't allow it also considering I live on my own and financially i just couldn't possibly get that way.

Thing is, once I don't have a connect for any kind of opiates, I might wish I had some at first; but eventually it becomes something that I don't even think about. Maybe 3 months down the road I'll have some dreams of doing them, but it won't make me crave in any sort of way. Its an out of sight out of mind thing. I never go out of my way to look for any. It used to be the withdrawals that would keep me away from doing them again. As severe as they can be, when I'm going through withdrawals I never think "I wish i had just a little bit to get rid of this fucked up shaking". Instead I used to think "Please god let me get through this i swear on my family ill never do it again i promise i promise." -----well, its obviously changed. and I'm aware of it. It's a slope that keeps going down further. But like I said, as long as I don't have it readily accessible, i can get it outta my mind no problem. Never had much of a psychological dependency as much as me just wanting to feel BLISS.

As soon as I hear someone say they know someone who can get dilaudid, roxicodone or whatever.... its only a matter of time before I ask them if i can get some.

The main reason for me going off the rails the past month was because my girlfriend broke up with me.... Break-ups are my paramount triggers.

i can relate to your post, OP. but i was into hydrocodone, oxy and methadones. some subs here n there. I also quit cigs and pot too. I am no longer clean tho bc i found a new connect where i live now. pros and major cons now. but the best thing to do would be to flush those 2 pills down the drain. i wouldn't tho, i would eat them.. especially after a week of sobriety, i doubt it would be a major setback, but either way, you and i both know the best thing to do with those is get rid of em.

Also, i say this all the time, but have you looked into Kratom?
Once i decide to get fully clean again -- which will prob only last me a few weeks -- i will use kratom forrrrr sure. xanax also comes in clutch only when using as a tool for a short period of time like a week.

BUT to answer your question, wait 7-10 days before getting high to avoid withdrawals.

Last edited: