• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long to take kratom after last opiate dose? Also: Mixing xanax with kratom - how much of each?

tarman

Bluelighter
I'm worried about precipitated withdrawals or something going awry. I'm 7 hours since my last dose and things aren't horrible yet, but my brain can't help but obsess about the kratom, because it knows it will help- see next part.

To be clear, I've taken kratom for opioid withdrawal several times. It really does help- I get high quality kratom and multiple different strains. But each of those times i took kratom, I was well into the withdrawal. Like at least 20 hours, if not more.

So my question is: how long after your last dose (of any good mu agonist opiate really) did you take kratom? Can you share anything?

I'm desperate here and in that panicky state. I guess the good thing is, if I sit here staring at this thread for hours and hours, before I know it, I'll be ready to start the kratom and all will be well. I'm just struggling to hold off.

To expand, I've been snorting about a tenth or two a day. Good quality stuff though- that's the reason for the low dosage, I don't suspect fentantyl in it. I have enough experience, relatively speaking, to spot the significant differences in feeling. In any case, just wondering when it would be best to start the kratom. Can I start "early" is I guess my main question? Like, can I start before the withdrawals are in full swing?

Kratom doesnt entirely precipitate withdrawal. For some people it doesnt seem to at all.

For me it does a bit though. Its nothing too bad but particularly in the first 30-40 minutes it makes my skin crawl and increases anxiety and sometimes dysphoria. But after 40 minutes youll start feeling better.

You could probably take it now even.

Kratom doesnt entirely precipitate withdrawal. For some people it doesnt seem to at all.

For me it does a bit though. Its nothing too bad but particularly in the first 30-40 minutes it makes my skin crawl and increases anxiety and sometimes dysphoria. But after 40 minutes youll start feeling better.

You could probably take it now even.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your time. I ended up taking some kratom and I'm alright. Still not feeling great, but it could be worse. I'm doin about 2 grams every 2 hours. That's usually how I start out, then I jump down to 1 gram every 2 hours. It may not be the most pleasant, but it helps keep the kratom dependence down.

Now I have another question... what about taking Xanax with Kratom. I have several .5mg orange pills. I just want to be able to at least make an attempt at sleep. It looks like kratom and xanax can be mixed. Does anyone have any experience?

I've eaten a crap load of kratom on ativans and xanax before. There's no potentiation for death like with real opiates if that's what you're asking. I've also drank on kratom dozens of times. Some people dislike drinking with kratom as it makes them very nauseous, but I find that they potentiate eachother lol. Kratom cuts the edge off of booze imo, and kratom does not suppress breathing. It's unique in that way for the class of opiates (if kratom even can be called a true opiate). I no longer drink or take benzos though. Just be sure to know where your benzo tolerance is alone.. xanax hits like a thor hammer at times and you don't want to black out. Sometimes people vomit with higher doses of kratom (it's happened to me b4) and you definitely don't want to vomit in your sleep when being blotto'd out on xanax. Kind of a scenario that probably wouldn't happen ever but just wanted to point that out lol! I do love how kratom feels with benzos/alcohol and I think that they enhance eachother nicely. You don't have to worry about overdosing on kratom ever. Random but I can't eat spicy food with kratom.. that's what causes me to hurl. Anything else is fine. Just putting it out there you never want to combine painkillers/heroin with benzos or alcohol. Many people do for some reason even though I find benzos/alcohol to steal the pleasurable buzz from true opiates--but I want to make a point that kratom is safe to drink on and take benzodiazepines with, but true opiates are absolutely not safe to combine with the latter.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. You have no idea. I'm at the 40 hour mark. Things are not easy. I'm having to consume more kratom than I'd like and even then, it's not helping as much as I remembered it did. But anything's better than kicking heroin with nothing to help.

I took a .5 xanax generic orange one, it was really nice. I used to hate benzos. It's funny. I didn't sleep very well, but the few times I dozed off for a few hours were really nice. Really nice. I have two more .5 zanys, so I'm gonna take another one tonight.

Thanks again.