• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long should you hold H smoke for

jon420

Bluelighter
How long should you hold in your lungs a hit of heroin smoke for maximum absorption? I've heard 5 seconds from some; 7 from others. Clarification from those more knowledgeable would be appreciated :)

my friend that smokes used to til me you should hold it in as long as possible, but according to the manual "getting of right" holding in the smoke does not benifit you at all and is bad for your lungs

Um....the longer you hold it the more drug will be absorbed. Also, I would imagine the longer you hold it the more it will damage your lungs.

But I wouldnt be smoking heroin in the first place because I would be too busy crying at the thought of all those opiate molecules being burned and wasted by someone tying to smoke them.

Try snorting, or maybe plugging.

*facepalm* by smoking he means vapourizing off of tin foil. It is not an inefficient method, plus the bioavailibility is higher for smoking than snorting.

im not even gonna get started. OP, believe what you want to believe, but I can guarantee you, after several years of being a heroin addict, that smoking it is a waste, even if you do it in the most efficient way possible for smoking. The high also doesnt last nearly as long when smoking.

I know that smoking heroin can get you high, I know exactly what it can do....its just that I also know that other ROA's are MUCH more efficient. I am not arguing with anyone, I am just stating a point that i have experienced thousands and thousands of times over the past few years. Do what you want.

jon420....if you are concerned with overdosing or having negative side-effects as a result of taking too much heroin or taking heroin in a risky way.....I would simply snort tiny little bumps, every 30-45 minutes until you feel like you want to. Its very hard to overdose like this.
When I started heroin i started by doing huge rails of it and it worked fine for me, so i think its safe to say that taking tiny little bumps ever so often should be a safe bet.

I think I read somewhere on here that capt. heroin said 3 seconds was sufficient, because all the drug that can be absorbed is.

i don't have the link cuz it was months n months ago, but use the search cuz i think it was in a thread asking a question just like yours.

3-5(max) seconds, it takes roughly the same amount of time as pot smoke or cigarette smoke to absorb. After the 3-5 seconds mark the goodies are absorbed and the smoke/vapor is doing more damage then good.

Thanks for the answers. I choose to smoke because I'm scared of needles, and all the friends I smoke with use foil and so I would be looked down on for injecting. Ah the fucked up social hierarchy of the drug game...

I am aware that IV/IM is way more efficient and harder hitting, but I just can't get over the stigma of injecting in my mind. Also, if I IV'd I would be even more dependent, since you get that "instant" rush the conditioning would be much harder to break, as if it isn't hard already!

i smoked for two years, same with my group of dope heads. here in vancouver chasing the d is regarded as being a perfectly fine ROA, and i find it to work really well, tolerance will build fast. but u should nod ur balls off for now.

are you aware that you can snort it? That is much more efficient AND safe than smoking it.

Snorting isnt safer than smoking...

If you know how to smoke it then smoke it!

Snorting isnt safer than smoking...

If you know how to smoke it then smoke it!

agreed, jamesb u always bash chasing, but in my experience and others as well, it is a very legitimate ROA.

Also snorting isnt an option when your dealing w/ black tar h. if you do have bth you can always try water-lining(mixing with water and snorting the mixture)Personally smoking works, however, can be wasteful especially when your newb. Water-lining is just gross but works great

Also snorting isnt an option when your dealing w/ black tar h. if you do have bth you can always try water-lining(mixing with water and snorting the mixture)Personally smoking works, however, can be wasteful especially when your newb. Water-lining is just gross but works great

you can blend it with lactose and it makes a perfectly snortable brown powder. Ive done it hundreds of times. I always got the black tar.

What if the OP just LIKED smoking?! Hmm what a crazy idea! Haha. But in all seriousness some people are also addicted to the "ritual" part of the addiction.. I.E: the whole drawing blood into the needle, or crushing and making lines, etc.. I just like smoking stuff personally.. But of course my lungs are absolutely fuckd as of now. Blows.
Anyways I'll stop rambling, I want
To know the true answer to this too but haven't found enough liable research/evidence to back it up nor can I tell from trying myself. :/
Been clean for almost a year now tho, I can say I do miss the ritual part a lot and find myself Dreaming of using other subst same
Roa fkn weird