• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long of an tolerance break should i take for opiates?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
I used a beginner dose of hydros 9 days ago
Another beginner dose of hydros 5 days ago
A moderate size dose of hydro + codeine yesterday
A a heavy dose of hydro + codeine yesterday as well, but later at night
And then today, a medium size dose of codeine

I want to get any sort of opiate tolerance down to zero. Completely flushed out of my system. How many days do you reccomend?

If you can get high off of low doses hydro or codeine in the first place, it'll drop more than enough for you to get close enough to baseline within a week. But if you're concerned about tolerance, you should drop the habit. It'll only get worse and you'll end up with a perma-tolerance like me and not feel anything from what should be an OD for some people. And it really does end up becoming pretty permanent, ESPECIALLY the pain-killing effects IME, which might really suck in the future, especially if you're using for pain. If you just want the high, try kratom instead. It takes way longer to build up a tolerance IME because I think a lot of the high comes from the alkaloids that aren't really effective on the mu-opioid receptor as well as the mitragynine and whatever number hydroxy-something mitragynine (sorry, I'm too lazy to google lol), but it still feels somewhat similar to but better than hydrocodone to me. Back in the day, before I had a perma-tolerance, I could use it for a month straight with no issues. But trust me, any kind of opioid habit is not a habit you want to get into, and chances are once you become too tolerant, you'll move onto harder stuff.

Just to provide an example of perma-tolerance to the pain-killing effects: a hefty (enough to get me nodding) dose of opium provides a little more relief than Aleve. So if I break a bone or something, I'm kinda fucked. I'm not saying you'll get to that point, but it got that bad for me with half a year of being addicted, so it's no joke. It's one of the effects people don't really talk about but I figured it's worth mentioning. I haven't used for 2 days in a row or with any real frequency since February, I don't think it's ever really going to go away.

Last edited:
drop? How much?

barely perceptibly.
ime you'll need a break of a few months for any noticeable difference - and it might not be that much depending on individual biological factors.

them's the breaks.

Last edited:
Hydro and codeine are so weak, I think you'd be alright just taking like 2-3 weeks off... Just don't start taking oxy, and other stronger opioids(if we are talking about recreational use to get high, if its pain, take what you need!) that is when shit starts to get a bit more difficult, I never really liked hydro, and the one time I tried codeine(Tylenol 3s) I already had been addicted to oxy, oxy was my first opioid, and I started out doing a 30mg pill, sniffed, which then led to addiction very fast since oxy is way stronger.. anyways the codeine was no better than taking a fucking advil or some shit... it did nothing noticeable, and barely got me well, that is why I took it, I had no way to get my usual oxy, so I had a friend give me some codeines, I took like 9-10 of em too, forget what mg they were, but they didn't touch me... Be careful, opiate addiction is a sneaky bitch! as time goes on, you become more and more addicted and it eventually becomes an all day everyday thing if you aren't careful.. which then leads to taking stronger and stronger opioids, because things like codeine and hydrocodone wont work eventually.. at least not as well.. That was how it went for me, tolerance led me from sniffing 30mg of oxy IR a day to shooting heroin before I knew it...

Hey man thanks for sharing. Ive never thought of the fact that if I have a tolerance, I potentially wouldnt be able to use painkillers for their ACTUAL reason. That would be scary as hell if I broke a bone or needed surgery.

But on the side note. I tried kratom a while back. It was really stupid. I begun with 7 grams and just felt a tad bit relaxed and by the end of the day had consumed 19 grams and still felt very little.