• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long of a tolerance break should I take?

Jm014800

Greenlighter
I was in the hospital and on IV Morphine every four hours for three days, discharged from the hospital and given a script of 21 Oxy 10-325. The Oxy was gone in about a week followed by one day of 52.5 mg of Hydrocodone with little effects. How long should it take for my tolerance to be back to baseline? My opiate use has been limited to the last 21 days or so.

It depends how long you've been using, how often you use, your body chemistry, etc.

Generally speaking opiate tolerance will reset but it will very quickly rise back up, it will never grow as slow as it did in your honeymoon phase.

Usually with morphine based compounds with the same half life it takes 5 days to get through acute withdrawals. Probably by that point the tolerance will have dropped severely, but it likely will not reset for a long time.

I can't really find an answer to this. I get one 5/325 percocet a day. So it takes 8 days to amass 40mg 16 for 80mg. Are 8 days enough to catch a buzz? I never had opiates before or heroin. When I do my stash it's gone until say another 8 days. I don't look for outside assistance if that helps. I would be just happy to know is 8 days enough to enjoy 40mg of oxy? I make them into powder. But are percs useless to snort due to the APA?

5'8 190lbs

Every 8 days should be ok. You shouldn't snit them due to the apap. You should also look into cold water Extraction for the same reason

One last thing. Thanks for the info above. Can suboxone get you high in time periods as long as 10-12 days like the oxycodone? I read that Buprenorphine packs a punch. I can get those very easily. So to stay safe how should I go about this and can they be snitted? At 8mg/2mg

QUOTE="Tenchzen, post: 14572385, member: 522932"]
I can't really find an answer to this. I get one 5/325 percocet a day. So it takes 8 days to amass 40mg 16 for 80mg. Are 8 days enough to catch a buzz? I never had opiates before or heroin. When I do my stash it's gone until say another 8 days. I don't look for outside assistance if that helps. I would be just happy to know is 8 days enough to enjoy 40mg of oxy? I make them into powder. But are percs useless to snort due to the APA?

5'8 190lbs
[/QUOTE]
8 days is good especially if you dont use everyday, 40mg should be a great dose with low tolerance but crush and swallow them. Do NOT snort them. Not cause apap but its a waste with oxy, the oral availability is 60-87% and i believe lower snorted
Somthing like hydromorphone (dilaudid) oral is 25-40% nasally 30-60 plus, oxy works FAST orally full stomach or not

Well both, the ba is higher orally with oxy, any youre snorting loads of nasty filler and apap which is just clogging up your nose and leaving less surface area foe the oxy to be absorbed.
Eat your pills, but if youre taking dangerous amounts of apap, look into CWE or sell your percocets for something else.

It depends how long you've been using, how often you use, your body chemistry, etc.

Generally speaking opiate tolerance will reset but it will very quickly rise back up, it will never grow as slow as it did in your honeymoon phase.

Yea, we all need to remember that good old Kindling Effect. The aforementioned phenomenon is like the "junkies secret". It's something that is known at a primal level by all Opioid addicts but is relatively unknown to those who have not experienced it. When I began using Opioids, I had a fucking blast for about, what, a year maybe? I mean a year of intermittent use, then one day you wake up and you're fucked. There is not another year-long period of fun and games. One can typically revert to "zero" tolerance and reacquire a habit in a period of days.

If I used Heroin for 3 days, I would have essentially a full-blown habit by day 4 complete with dope-sickness and lewd, lascivious behavior. If it were not for this phenomenon, the entire concept of addiction would be different. The fact that when on decides to "dabble" for a few days they're reverted to full-blown sickness is what makes relapse such a difficult issue. In this regard, the Kindling Effect really defines the entire process of addiction/dependence as we know it.