• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How Long For Olanzapine To Clear Body?

longlostit

Greenlighter
Have come to realize that a big difference in how intravenous methamphetamine affects me now is due in part to me taking olanzapine. If I were to plan a little amp session, how long would I need to wait after cessation of the olanzapine for it to be out of my pathways and more importantly out of methamphetamine's way?

Olanzapine has a mean half life of 30 hours (but up to 50 hours). Rule of thumb for eradication from body is 5-7 times the half life.

Therefore, give or take, call it 180 hours to clear (6 x 30 hours) - that’s a smidge over 7 days to be clear of it.

On the plus side the long half life means withdrawal effects may be minimal as You stop.

I’ve found anti-psychotics greatly interfere with IV meth. In my case the calculation for eradication of Abilify was 14 days but it was only at about 21 days off it I started to really get bang for my meth buck.

However You might find taking the olanzapine for 2-3 days again at the end of your high both mitigates the comedown and reduces neurotoxicity. This seems to be the case with seroquel and abilify in my experience.

(I have no experience here but on a side note I find it interesting how many people who use antipsychotics use methamphetamine.)

(I have no experience here but on a side note I find it interesting how many people who use antipsychotics use methamphetamine.)
I use a lot less methamphetamine now I stopped using antipsychotics since a smaller dose goes a lot further. However, I also think taking antipsychotics can be an aid to quitting meth because they block the effects and make taking it pointlessly expensive.

I’m prescribed them, but once awhile I like to indulge like the old days.

only I didn’t take an antipsychotic in those old days hehe.

thank you very much for the insight!