• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does your hydrocodone high last?

I have been looking for a thread exactly like this. Is it okay to just redose every 2 hours ?. Like will this keep it going, or will it just be wasteful? I also can tell you that when your in constant pain that there's practically no recreation at all. The only thing that does happen is I get more motivation to play video games. When i'm on a dry spell I don't even wanna watch tv. Nothing seems fun to do.And i can't even force myself to play even my most favorite games. This makes time almost completely stop even though this is when ya want/need it to fly by. THANK YOU SOOOO much for this thread. Everyone of you are awesome you've answered ALOT of questions i can't find google searching it...Oh 1 nore question, I hope i'm not talking anyone's ears off. can I take something else besides benidryl 9diphenhydromine so help with the itchies? It also makes me wanna sleep during the good stuff.

Last edited:
I have been looking for a thread exactly like this. Is it okay to just redose every 2 hours ?. Like will this keep it going, or will it just be wasteful? I also can tell you that when your in constant pain that there's practically no recreation at all. The only thing that does happen is I get more motivation to play video games. When i'm on a dry spell I don't even wanna watch tv. Nothing seems fun to do.And i can't even force myself to play even my most favorite games. This makes time almost completely stop even though this is when ya want/need it to fly by. THANK YOU SOOOO much for this thread. Everyone of you are awesome you've answered ALOT of questions i can't find google searching it...Oh 1 nore question, I hope i'm not talking anyone's ears off. can I take something else besides benidryl 9diphenhydromine so help with the itchies? It also makes me wanna sleep during the good stuff.

Usually the original first dose of the day is the best, & as you're dosing continuously through out the day every couple of hours, the high just continues.

I've had the nice euphoria come back dosing the second time during the day, but for me, its more for the pain.......:)

Bluelighter ty for replying. ur a real sweet heqart. I've nevertaken opiates to get high just to help me almost be normal again. (very vry bad wreck).I don't know if the motivation I feel is from not hurting so bad or is that the euphoria u guys talk about? I do know that I am running out of them faster n faster each month.

The content with life feeling lasts about 2 hours for me. the pain slowly starts returning at the 3hour mark and by hour 6 it's completely back. Hope this answered your question. It's been stated b4 that you won't get the sudden euphoric rush if you eat a meal right before taking them. However I noticed it does stretch out the pain relief of it by an hour. SLow come on slow come down kinda thing happenning.

At first it used to last over 8 hours I remember, maybe stronger the first 3-4 hours... I remember I'd take it around 8pm and stay till 4am watching House and then go to sleep feeling fucking great, I'd remember fighting to stay awake all the time, nodding off but it was awesome...

After a while that length and pleasure went away, pretty fast I'd say and the really good feeling didn't last long at all and overall less than 6 hours.. nothing like the first times

If you're trying to redose to get high I have found that you need to wait way longer than that to get the full effects again, I remember when I wasn't used to hydro and inexperienced that I would take let's say 20mg and then 2 hours later kept taking more to feel super high again but nothing really happened... I wasted a lot of pills like that... So I kind of learned that I had to take my full dose from the beginning or short within starting... for pain I have no clue what would work as that was the least of my concerns...

Take claritin, loratadine, it's non drowsy... Also benadryl makes RLS worse for a lot of people during withdrawals so it might not be a good idea

"Bluelighter ty for replying. ur a real sweet heqart. I've nevertaken opiates to get high just to help me almost be normal again. (very vry bad wreck).I don't know if the motivation I feel is from not hurting so bad or is that the euphoria u guys talk about? I do know that I am running out of them faster n faster each month."

In answer to that, you are sort of contradicting yourself, you say you don't take it to get high but before you asked if there was anything you could take besides benadryl cause it made you sleep "during the good stuff".. So obviously you are getting high off it, and you are also saying you feel content with life for 2 hours... You are clearly taking this for more than just pain, maybe not on purpose... how long have you been using for? you should be careful with this

Your body doesn't like being bombarded with Dopamine so it self corrects this by producing even more of the stuff in ur brain that starts tightening the brakes on your dopa producers,Plus you grow many many more thicker, and stronger recepticols in the synapse (spaces between the nuerons that hold the protein on the nerve cell that's called a dhendryte. The protein coating ur nerve sell is the mu receptors you've been tickling.This is 1 reason that tolerence forms.It's from ur brain growing more recepticols and the brain trying to plug the flood of these Dopamines.As your brain adapts to the influx you'll need more. and more often because that peak is what you are now guaging the time the meds last.So yes it will seem shorter.This will cause you to want it all the time. even while you're taking the opiate.And these changes are also the reason for them nasty withdrawls. It's because your brain has altered physically,And chemically.ANd that's what is happening to make your meds seem to lessen in strength and length.Once ur brain has altered,and you are no longer in the environment the opiates have created.You'll go to the complete opposite of having the drug.Now ur brain is geared to have that amount of Dopmaine in there.And once it's gone.The increased chems it sent out to stop that flood of them,And the formation of more and stronger recepticles of that Dopa..WEll that's what it feels like when your in withdrawls. did anyone understand that? If you did.Can you please explain it to me ? lol. God bless. Hang in there.. *Lotsa HUgs*

Basically opiates hit your dopamine receptors. Over time your brain tries to correct this invader in your brain. This is how tolerance developes. The longer you abstain or space out your doses...the less tolerance you will have.

Usually about 6 hours but I take it with Tagamet (600 mg) which blocks the liver enzyme which metabolizes hydro and oxy.

it's getting shorter and shorter. It used to last 4-5 hours with strong euphoria and nodding now, five years later, I only get 2 hours of decent euphoria with an afterglow 2 more hours after that.

I took hydrocodone recreationally for the first time last night. I finally found what was left of my prescription from getting my wisdom teeth out. 7.5/375 APAP. I only took 3 because I didn't want to go over 1g over acetaminophen and I figured that low amount wasn't enough to need a CWE. I didn't really feel anything until an hour later, but the good "high" feeling lasted about 2 hours and then I passed out.

Hydrocodone is pretty weak for me, so whenever I do decide to take it for recreational purposes my minimum dose is 30mg. Being someone with a sensitive stomach as well, I end up physically getting sick half the time I take the hydrocodone, empty stomach or not, so if I throw up the high kicks in really strongly afterwards but quickly goes away. Since I am getting the drug out of my system so suddenly.

Typically, if I take 30-45mg, I could be high for a good six to eight hours if my body accepts it and decides not to throw it up. This could also be because I like to smoke a little bud with my opiates, which could extend the feeling for me. If I take anything less than 30mg I either don't feel it as strongly or it only lasts a good 3-4 hours at most.

Also, I take 25-50mg of Promethazine at least a half hour before taking any opiates to prevent any nausea or vomiting that may occur (doesn't always work though.) I know this potentiates it a bit.