• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does it take to get hooked on cigarettes?

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
So how long? I'm not talking about the mental or psychological addiction or craving where it is all in your head, I mean like when you get noticeable physical withdrawals like anxiety, hands shaking or nasuea and throwing up all of that stuff.

1.) If you smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day, and keep it that way, how long until you get withdrawals after quitting?

2.) How long dose it take for any physical symptoms to become noticeable, such as aging/wrinkles, yellow teeth and all that? All of that just seems like an exagerration anyway and I smell bullshit on most of that.

3.) How long does it take for you to actually get lung cancer and rotten teeth? If you smoke 5-6 cigs for a week straight and then quit completely is that enough to get cancer?

I honestly bet their are folks who smoke for 30 years straight and never get cancer.
alot of it seems like bs and my main concern is how long does it take to get physical dependence

thanks peeps

I honestly bet their are folks who smoke for 30 years straight and never get cancer.
alot of it seems like bs and my main concern is how long does it take to get physical dependence

A lot of what seems like BS? That smoking cigarettes = bad for you? I think the case is pretty much closed on that question. :\

Cancer is far from the only thing that smoking cigarettes have been correlated with, either...it's been linked to everything from emphysema to heart failure to increased anxiety

I smoked for about 7 years and never really got any symptoms of physical withdrawal...certainly not anything as extreme as nausea or vomiting.

As in bs i meant the yellow teeth and wrinkle skin thing or that it will instantly kill you

So how long? I'm not talking about the mental or psychological addiction or craving where it is all in your head, I mean like when you get noticeable physical withdrawals like anxiety, hands shaking or nasuea and throwing up all of that stuff.

1.) If you smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day, and keep it that way, how long until you get withdrawals after quitting?

2.) How long dose it take for any physical symptoms to become noticeable, such as aging/wrinkles, yellow teeth and all that? All of that just seems like an exagerration anyway and I smell bullshit on most of that.

3.) How long does it take for you to actually get lung cancer and rotten teeth? If you smoke 5-6 cigs for a week straight and then quit completely is that enough to get cancer?

thanks peeps

Hey there. I smoked hardcore for 15 years. Camel Wides were my choice. When our first child was on the way I decided it would be in my best interests to stop smoking. I quit cold turkey and never looked back. That was in 2008. No withdrawals, at all. Haven't even craved one...I take that back. I do crave one when I get really drunk, but I have not smoked one.

I don't know about the rest of the stuff, but I am glad I quit before it came to any of those things :). However, I do know some people how have smoked for thirty years and are in bed shape and I know people who have smoked for thirty years and are in not so bad of shape.

Having been a poly drug abuser, i.e. seriously physically dependent on a certain number, lest I have a seizure going cold turkey etc etc - I think anyone who claims they can't quit smoking is pathetic.

Like fuck you. If you want the nicotine you can have that shitty high with a patch or gum, But to claim it is such suffering when you don't get to have a cigarette for whatever reason, is friggin lame. It's an oral fixation / tic/ That's all. It's a pacifier. You're a baby. It's your blankee.

#killasmokertoday

ps: I smoke about 1 a day.

^The thing with nicotine is people get used to having them at all times. Its everywhere you can use it anywhere anytime and its free if your willing to beg.

I've quit a bunch of times and sure its MUCH worse quitting a benzo habit hell even kratom was more unpleasant to kick but nicotine is plenty addictive in its own way.

get an good quality e cig not a corner store shit if you need nicotine

far as everything else smoking cigs wont kill you fast but slowly but being an ex cig smoker the yellowing of the teeth, always smelling like an ashtray, the cost... i would buy a pack a day at 7$ you do the math for a weeks worth, going outside to smoke when its cold....not worth it

At this point cigarettes just seem like a big waste of money. But if you do smoke and buy a shit load then I wont judge you for using your money on that