• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how long does it take to get addicted t klonipin

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
since saturday iv been taking 0.5 mg klonipin once a day to help me with bad anxiety over a small relapse i planned to stop taking it in 2 days i wanted to get myself 9 days if it and hoping im no where close to having withdrawal from it?

9 days should not create a withdrawal. When I first got my Klonopin prescription it took me 2 months before I could feel any sort of withdrawal and it was mostly rebound anxiety.

9 days should not create a withdrawal. When I first got my Klonopin prescription it took me 2 months before I could feel any sort of withdrawal and it was mostly rebound anxiety.
i have 10 more if thats the case to be sure maybe i should take them all over next 10 days

i have 10 more if thats the case to be sure maybe i should take them all over next 10 days
I take 1mg a day. I have been without them for 2 months or so now. Hopefully getting more 2mg ones tonight hard to find when you only have 2 sources left. But this past year I have been off and on them because my doctor no longer gives me the script.

I have taken them for almost a month and had very minimal withdrawals from a 10 year long klonopin prescription use. But after that I took them everyday for about 2-3 months and the past few months have been fairly crappy. Less motivation and energy and even have some slight ticks when playing video games on my PC and overall anxiety through most of the day. Be careful and stash a few just in case, and take the others at 1mg a day at most (My recommendation maybe doesn't work with you). But definitely stash 2-4mg, they will come in handy one day for sure.

For me it takes anything from 2-3 weeks of continues use for it to start showing wd symptoms when i use less or don't at all, but keep in mind this is my body.

Yeah you ought to be fine and not have any classic benzo withdrawal symptoms. You may feel some nervous energy or agitation you wouldn’t otherwise have. And might feel tired during the first few days after cessation. I expect any other effects which would manifest would be strictly psychological, like the desire for more causing the false belief of needing more etc.

Do you think a somewhat slow taper can be the rebound anxiety? I've also been taking clonazepam for two months and now I'm doing a slow taper that should end in early January.

1-2 weeks = rebound anxiety

4-8+weeks = beginnings of physical dependency, becomes more than just rebound anxiety

8-12+ weeks = you are physically addicted to benzos... God help you

FUCK I have got a good memory now don't I! :ROFLMAO:

So how many you got left now?

I have 45 pills left. I should have 50 but I had to increase my dose to 1mg. these days I am off tramadol as i always wake up in the middle of the night. Tried melatonin but shit don't work.
:mad:

1-2 weeks = rebound anxiety

4-8+weeks = beginnings of physical dependency, becomes more than just rebound anxiety

8-12+ weeks = you are physically addicted to benzos... God help you
Maybe thats why i have this bad night time anxiety i lay in bed for hour in half then sleep 4 hours then wake up cant sleep no more or maybe its from me taking methadone again 2 weeks ago but idk why it would take me 11 days before this came on

iv only been taking 0.5mg a day skipping a few days here and there i have 7 left do you think i should take them as i feel they do help me relax/sleep better atm or should i cut it off right now?

Maybe thats why i have this bad night time anxiety i lay in bed for hour in half then sleep 4 hours then wake up cant sleep no more or maybe its from me taking methadone again 2 weeks ago but idk why it would take me 11 days before this came on

iv only been taking 0.5mg a day skipping a few days here and there i have 7 left do you think i should take them as i feel they do help me relax/sleep better atm or should i cut it off right now?

I can't really say for you, friend. Are you going to get more? Is it prescribed?

Sleeping for 4 hours and waking up is a normalcy for my alcoholic brain. Also what happens when I take benzos every day for a few weeks.

Benzos are a special kind of addiction :)

If you have issues with depression per say--you'd probably be more prone to opiate/stimulant addiction. I think that for benzo dependency to occur, one must have had substantial anxiety problems and did not realize it until administering klonopin/xanax. No matter how many times I've self-administered benzos, I still find myself never thinking about klonopin/xanax. The psychological thrill has to be there for addiction to occur in my opinion--and I do not have anxiety issues. I noticed very early on that opioids/adderall was going to be a big problem for me--and right now even as typing this I would like some adderall lol. One would notice pretty early if they could get "too used" to the benzo feeling. It requires some honesty though! And even if you do develop klonopin addiction you can still combat it and have a positive relationship with the medication.

I would stop taking them and save what you have left for when you feel that you really need it and just try to taper over the next few weeks

I have 45 pills left. I should have 50 but I had to increase my dose to 1mg. these days I am off tramadol as i always wake up in the middle of the night. Tried melatonin but shit don't work.

Be careful. I would try to get more if you can. Otherwise, attempt to stop when you have at least 2 weeks left so in the case you realize the withdrawal is too much you have time to figure something out. I would be skipping days too (if you can)

Benzo addiction is the worst. I successfully tapered from a 1.5 year dependence of xanax alone. Made it 7 months. I curse the day I took another (asked my doctor if I could have a few and he scripted me 4mg a day!!!. The addict I am, I happily accepted) but was able to keep it under control for a while. Luckily my dependence is really only 1.5mg however its exacerbated no doubt by my recent alcohol withdrawal, and opiate dependency. If you just kicked opiates, I could imagine. When was kicking methadone was taking 4-5mg a day. Wasn't even paying attention and thought I had 100mg more stashed away but couldn't find it. So had to drop to 1mg for a bit which through me into all kinds of hell. Then came the alcohol withdrawal. Ended back on methadone since I was pretty much dying.

Maybe you can find a doctor and tell him you just want a 30 day valium taper? The route I am going since while I can probably get xanax for some time, its a crappy benzo to be on. Like I will start hearing weird shit and having vision issues and realize....oh shit, its been over 12 hours since I took my .5/.25mg dose!!! Alcohol and chomping on xanax on / off for years fucked me big. When you drink a case a day, you can oddly skip days. lol. Wasn't until I came off the drink that I realize how severe my situation really is.

Anyone reading this. NEVER take a benzo more than 2 days in the 7 day period (unless you actually need them for a medical condition). Better to never touch them.

I agree with @theinsiblestoner. Benzos have to be tapered off carefully and with minimal room for error. Dropping a dose quickly is dangerous. Other withdrawals one can kinda just go at them on the fly as opiates/stimulants don't have lethal withdrawals. People have assumed they'd be fine cold-turkeying xanax or dropping the dose too quickly. Some have seized out at the wheel no doubt.

That's why those cases where the poster is like: "I've been taking 4 milligrams of xanax for years now. Will I be fine just stopping (dealer jumped ship)." No you won't be fine call a doctor/emergency room lol

I can't really say for you, friend. Are you going to get more? Is it prescribed?

Sleeping for 4 hours and waking up is a normalcy for my alcoholic brain. Also what happens when I take benzos every day for a few weeks.
no i only taken them not even 2 weeks 0.5mg so id think id be ok and withdrawal wouldnt be so bad would it? to only have few more?

The first psychiatric treatment in general works for the first six months, after that, it starts to take a toll, to drive behaviors, the big problem is the kindling

I agree with @theinsiblestoner. Benzos have to be tapered off carefully and with minimal room for error. Dropping a dose quickly is dangerous. Other withdrawals one can kinda just go at them on the fly as opiates/stimulants don't have lethal withdrawals. People have assumed they'd be fine cold-turkeying xanax or dropping the dose too quickly. Some have seized out at the wheel no doubt.

That's why those cases where the poster is like: "I've been taking 4 milligrams of xanax for years now. Will I be fine just stopping (dealer jumped ship)." No you won't be fine call a doctor/emergency room lol
Be careful. I would try to get more if you can. Otherwise, attempt to stop when you have at least 2 weeks left so in the case you realize the withdrawal is too much you have time to figure something out. I would be skipping days too (if you can)

Benzo addiction is the worst. I successfully tapered from a 1.5 year dependence of xanax alone. Made it 7 months. I curse the day I took another (asked my doctor if I could have a few and he scripted me 4mg a day!!!. The addict I am, I happily accepted) but was able to keep it under control for a while. Luckily my dependence is really only 1.5mg however its exacerbated no doubt by my recent alcohol withdrawal, and opiate dependency. If you just kicked opiates, I could imagine. When was kicking methadone was taking 4-5mg a day. Wasn't even paying attention and thought I had 100mg more stashed away but couldn't find it. So had to drop to 1mg for a bit which through me into all kinds of hell. Then came the alcohol withdrawal. Ended back on methadone since I was pretty much dying.

Maybe you can find a doctor and tell him you just want a 30 day valium taper? The route I am going since while I can probably get xanax for some time, its a crappy benzo to be on. Like I will start hearing weird shit and having vision issues and realize....oh shit, its been over 12 hours since I took my .5/.25mg dose!!! Alcohol and chomping on xanax on / off for years fucked me big. When you drink a case a day, you can oddly skip days. lol. Wasn't until I came off the drink that I realize how severe my situation really is.

Anyone reading this. NEVER take a benzo more than 2 days in the 7 day period (unless you actually need them for a medical condition).

Hey guys, very good advice but I couldnt stand guilt any more and my adventure with benzos has just ended. I stopped, against all advice, cold turkey, after a few days of having used it for tramadol withdrawal, but honestly it didn't help me much, I was just increasing the doses and fearing a double addiction. It was a stupid and crazy move, but sometimes suffering is the only way that works for me. And yeah, I'm one of a kind all or nothing / black and white. I do not remember the last time I took the Klonopin, perhaps Sunday / Monday and it is possible that there is still something in my body, so I did not suffer much, almost nothing, all the suffering is from tramadol, which I think takes all the prizes to the most annoying and nasty withdrawal I've ever felt.

Hey guys, very good advice but I couldnt stand guilt any more and my adventure with benzos has just ended. I stopped, against all advice, cold turkey, after a few days of having used it for tramadol withdrawal, but honestly it didn't help me much, I was just increasing the doses and fearing a double addiction. It was a stupid and crazy move, but sometimes suffering is the only way that works for me. And yeah, I'm one of a kind all or nothing / black and white. I do not remember the last time I took the Klonopin, perhaps Sunday / Monday and it is possible that there is still something in my body, so I did not suffer much, almost nothing, all the suffering is from tramadol, which I think takes all the prizes to the most annoying and nasty withdrawal I've ever felt.

Nice. I didn't catch how long you were taking them for. If you just took them for a few then its nothing. When I saw taper + only x pill left + run out in january got worried. The 1st few rounds of xanax took them for weeks at a time and there was some rebound anxiety / rls is all. Even that 1.5 year go when I stopped cannot say it was bad (tapered to .25mg). Worked through it. Had more anxiety / symptoms this time, though.

Opiate withdrawal is the worst. If you are used to that, I think a light benzo withdrawal is nothing. And that kindling effect stuff is real I think. Not until you go through multiple withdrawals is when it gets bad since now you know what to look for / expect. Seeing people having seizures in withdrawal hasn't been good for my anxiety either. Also seeing people come out of rehab brain dead from high dose xanax withdrawal hasnt been too good either haha.

I also think that is why I happily accepted xanax again. Didn't think the withdrawal were that bad.

kpin / valium are probably the most tolerable withdrawals too.