• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does it take for Oxycodone tolerance to go down?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
I've been taking Oxy on and off for 2 years now and I've worked up quite the tolerance.. At this point I need to take 150-160 mgs to feel good. My tolerance seemed to have shot up out of nowhere too, I went from getting off on 30 mgs IR to needing 100 +mgs within days. How long would it take for my tolerance to go down so I can just take 30 mgs again?

it can take several months but ymmv
hard to be specific about subjective things like tolerance

You would need to stop taking oxycodone and give your body a chance to recover. There is no set time period as each person is different. Another thing to consider is even when you do get your tolerance back down, it will likely shoot right back up and you find yourself in the same boat.

I think after a month u could get away with taking half your dose..but I'm no doc..a 6 month break will get u back to pretty much taking a 30 to get off again

Once you develop an opiate tolerance like that, in my experience it will never return to 30 mg feeling like it did near the beginning. I was 6 months clean and did 3 30's and was barely high, from a 200 mg habit half a year before.

i second that, it will never feel like the first time ever, thats over is a one time thing, like losing your virginity!