• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How long does it take for a long time weed smoker to recover?

twentyeight

Greenlighter
I've been a long term smoker for over a decade and have had to stop (not really by choice). It's been 7 weeks and I still feel a come down. Anxiety, cramping muscles, depression, extreme insomnia, not to mention really missing the mindset that comes with having a lovely bong or 5.
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if it ever goes away?

Seems odd that it has lasted more then a week to me. Ive used daily for nearly 9 years now and when i do stop all the runny nose and crazy dream symptoms are gone well before two weeks are up.

I should qualify that I use orally and rarely smoke. When I do smoke I feel less good vs eating and if I was smoking for years maybe it would be a longer recovery from all the carbon damage to my system that I avoid with edibles.

I've been a long term smoker for over a decade and have had to stop (not really by choice). It's been 7 weeks and I still feel a come down. Anxiety, cramping muscles, depression, extreme insomnia, not to mention really missing the mindset that comes with having a lovely bong or 5.
Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if it ever goes away?
it goes away after you go out for a severely sweaty workout and a steamy shower!

I've smoked for nearly 50 happy years and have stopped smoking several times for various reasons; I've never had a problem with come down. I think attitude about stopping and what you think may happen, play a large part

Eating healthy and more importantly making some kind of exercise will help hugely.