• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long does it take for 1500mg of DXM to wear off?

Ubiquitouso

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I really need help!

I'm not sure where to post this :S

Last week I took 900mg of dxm, and I was messed up for a couple days but then I finally got sober... I was very depressed after I became sober because I felt like an idiot for screwing around with dxm, anyway I don't know why but I decided to do it again this weekend...

I took 900mg of dxm on Thursday evening, which really messed with my head, and then the next morning (friday morning) I took another 600mg which even further messed with my head and now its monday afternoon and i'm still dissacoiated and spaced out. I can't concentrate or study and I'm very worried that I might've done some permanent damage or something...

Does anyone have any experience with this? I feel so fucking stupid, I can't even do basic things like read a paragraph or understand my university assignments, I just really want it this trip to end :(

Is it possible that because I took 1500mg that It will take a long time to leave my system, I took 100 of those robitussin cough gels... To be honest I just felt really overwhelmed by reality and I needed to escape for a while, but its lasting too long and Its really affecting my life, I stayed up all night last night trying to complete my assignments, and i still haven't slept yet, I still have more assignments to do complete but I can't think straight

My plan is to complete the bare minimum that I have to do today, which should take me all day then go to sleep to try and sleep this off... Please help any advice would be very appreciated :(

Well, the DXM is definitely out of your system. The "afterglow" definitely lingers but you'll be back to normal. I'd say the lack of sleep is affecting your cognitive abilities as much as the DXM at this point. If you can manage it, get some sleep. It'll really help. You may not feel totally normal after that but don't freak out, like I said, it just takes some time. Take care of your body! So make sure you're eating and drinking. Save DXM for when you have a couple days to recuperate. Good luck with your studies.

The good news is you arent writing like a retarded potato so youll probably recover fully. The bad news is you might continue feeling dumb for a while. 1500 mg is a massive dose and no sleep plus the afterglow will make you feel stupid if you have stuff you need to do. At this point you just need sleep.

Thank you everyone, I think I might feel a little better, but I reckon It'll probably take quite a while to get my head straight, I really munted my brain this time... If I get better I don't think I'll ever touch DXM again haha

Well if you ever do contemplate it, I like taking it before and after my semester as a way to reflect on myself and see if there's personal growth. Granted, I don't dose above 600mg but to each their own! Just catch some sleep when you get a chance!

So, just to let anyone know who might be going through the same things as I was... I have pretty much recovered fully. So, don't worry you will be okay! :) If you take the same amount I did, expect to be fucked up beyond comprehension for like 2-4 days, then you'll start to feel "okay" after that, it'll take 1-2 weeks before you feel relatively normal, and then a short while after that you'll be back to your old self :)

I just completed my 2nd to last university maths exam (Abstract Algebra & Cryptography) It was probably the hardest exam I've done at uni, and I did fine, so if you're worried about your brain being messed up after DXM you don't need to worry about a thing, just lay off it for 2-3 weeks before you have to do anything that takes a lot of brain power.