• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long does heroin last....

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I just want to know how much heroin someone close allegedly does last at her job and if her use I see is normal for heroin or if this person is getting worse. I dunno I dunno about heroin much.

The tolerance level for opiates/opioids differ for different users. Differing types of opioids and dosage amounts matter for each individual. I’m not sure if I understood your question.

In solution, it doesn't last long at all, maybe an hour, then it becomes 6-acetylmorphine. Why is that a problem? Well, the 3-acetyl group, on the phenolic OH group, makes it able to cross the blood brain barrier, far more quickly.
Here (UK), diamorphine aka heroin is supplied in freeze dried amps, that you add sterile water to. Hospital policy is, if any remains unused, after an hour, it has to be disposed of, due to hydrolysis...

The effects of real diacetylmorphine can last anywhere from 2-6hrs IME.

Maybe the person referenced in OP's post has been having to use fentanyl, which will cause some one to have to dose more frequently.

It's not the duration of the drug that's the problem, it's the duration of the addiction. This can be anything from decades to life...