• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how long does adderall high last?

the "high" lasts 4-6 hours, but excess stimulation can last 12+ hours after coming down.

if you snort it, the high will be much weaker than if you take it orally, and the pleasurable effects will be noticeably weakened, and will last around 1-2 hours, and the negative side effects such as anxiety and tachycardia will be increased. Also be careful with the brand-name 30mg XR caps, my drug buddy snorted one and apparently they have some excruciatingly painful nasal irritants in them to prevent abuse (this guy snorts meth without batting an eye, so if he says it hurts, it fuckin' HURTS). Just take it orally, it will work better, it's safer, your nose won't hate you, and it'll last longer! XR adderall taken orally should last all day, and you'll be up for up to 16 hours. if you're sensitive to stimulants or have insomnia, you could be up for a whole extra day. And if you claim that it doesn't work when taken orally, try any or all of the following:

A. Take chelated magnesium, 300mg, before dosing, just as you peak, and as you start to come down. This will prevent tolerance and make the comedown a little smoother.
B. Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda with water or in a capsule 30 minutes before taking the pill.
C. Take a week-long break. If 30mg gets you "high as the sky" then 7 days will be plenty to restore your tolerance.

Also, please don't try to use amphetamines as antidepressants, believe me that effect doesn't last long, especially since you're abusing it rather than taking it for therapeutic purposes. I've been using amphetamines since I was 13, at first therapeutically, but then once I started abusing them, it just kept getting worse and worse, eventually doing it just made me more depressed than I was to begin with, but I kept doing it. It doesn't lead anywhere good, man, it led to a horrible IV cocaine addiction, starting at only 14 years old. The self-medicating mindset is what leads to problems, because you justify your use, even if it doesn't even necessary feel good anymore. Amphetamines are evil, but they appear to be not only harmless, but beneficial. Just keep that in mind, man.

Amphetamine use very weird. Tolerance builds very quick. I have noticed if you take it while you are sleep deprived, just waking up, malnourished or dosed before you get a good nights rest it has nowhere near the desired effect.

After taking Adderall for months at a time and experiencing it's effects thoroughly, I can promise you less is more. When dosing for weeks at a time it may be hard to stop when it is easily accessible but now I only find it helpful when I take it 3-4x a week at most. Adderall is not a drug to abuse. When you are used to taking 30mg+ and stop for a few days, you would be surprised what a simple 5-10mg can do for you if you use it's positive effects and not just try to achieve a "omg this is awesome I can do anything" type high. Please do reply if you want to talk about Adderall more in general, it can be loved and hated in many ways.

Adderral is kind of a two-phase high, in my experience.

There's this initial euphoric part that lasts like 1-2 hours, then there's this later amped up phase that lasts like... what, a day??

There's this initial euphoric part that lasts like 1-2 hours, then there's this later amped up phase that lasts like... what, a day??

Ahha! I have noticed this too. The day after dosing on Adderall (assuming it wasn't a binge), I will definitely find it's motivational effects somewhere inside of me still. Can anybody elaborate on this?

if you have no tolerance, amphetamine will make you high for 4-6hrs, or even more. high is a subjective and highly personal (no pun intended) word

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but ive searched and searched and cannot find this answer- in terms of asking how long adderall ir lasts (obviusly 4-6 hours is the going answer)-

IS THAT FROM TIME OF INGESTION?

OR

FROM THE TIME YOU FEEL IT KICK IN?

For example, if I take it at 9:00am, would it last till 1:00pm?
or
If I took it at 9:00am and it kicked in by 9:45, would it last till 1:45?

I know the difference may be negligable, and im likely to get a more accurate answer by simply seeing how it affects me, but I just took it about 90 minutes ago and based on this answer, I will better be able to plan how to take futher support doses throughout the day.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but ive searched and searched and cannot find this answer- in terms of asking how long adderall ir lasts (obviusly 4-6 hours is the going answer)-

IS THAT FROM TIME OF INGESTION?

OR

FROM THE TIME YOU FEEL IT KICK IN?

For example, if I take it at 9:00am, would it last till 1:00pm?
or
If I took it at 9:00am and it kicked in by 9:45, would it last till 1:45?

I know the difference may be negligable, and im likely to get a more accurate answer by simply seeing how it affects me, but I just took it about 90 minutes ago and based on this answer, I will better be able to plan how to take futher support doses throughout the day.

It's completely relative to the individual. Factors that can play in are:

Speed of ones metabolism
Bodies PH at the time of ingestion
Nutritional intake
vitamin/mineral intake
Brain chemistry and response to stimulatory dopamine drugs

So you are going to get many different answers but to answer your question based on the way my body reacts. Is say I take

20mg of XR at 8am, it will kick in fully by 8:45am-9am(depending on how much food I have on my stomach, the acidity of the foods, quality, etc..)

Time of duration can vary due to the factors listed above, but for me it is typically 1-2 hours of feeling euphoric and overall motivated to accomplish tasks.

the last 3 hours is a steady decline, but effects are still in effect and I remain motivated during this time.

So all in all for me I can take about 20mg XR and it last me a total of 5-6 hours.

Once I feel the comedown begin I immediately take about 2000mg of vitamin C to help clear my system of trace amounts that can keep you feeling stimmed out, 2-3 days a week I inject myself with a vitamin B complex, and daily I also take vitamin D 1000mg during the comedown. Zinc and magnesium before bed to aid with sleep and recovery.

A few things I try and avoid if I am going to be taking adderall are:

Drinking alcohol the night before
Drinking any soda or acidic juices/beverages before or while the adderall is in effect
Taking adderall more than 3 times a week

These seem to really diminish the effectiveness of the eurphoria and duration of the effects for me.

Just got and snorted my first 20mg addy, hard to pin point the high and just wondering how long does it usually last?

the "high" lasts 4-6 hours, but excess stimulation can last 12+ hours after coming down.
Thanks for this. Yes, for me a 30mg pill lasts a solid 5 hours. I don't get that high from it unless I take it intranasally or plug it but orally it works just fine to keep me focused

I can take one in the morning and one around 1pm. That covers the day. If I want to take it recreationally I have to take one every 30 minutes, which I don't advise doing. It starts to taste bad after a while and wear on your gums

I don't know anybody who takes 30mg at once besides myself; a lot of people seem to take 20mg pills staggered, like 3 or 4 a day. That seems pointless to me but everybody's body is different. Sometimes I've taken 15mg (split 30mg down the middle) then 15mg later, but after a couple days it's not enough. Plus it's not really enough for me anyway because it wears off in an hour

Good luck

Thanks for this. Yes, for me a 30mg pill lasts a solid 5 hours. I don't get that high from it unless I take it intranasally or plug it but orally it works just fine to keep me focused

I can take one in the morning and one around 1pm. That covers the day. If I want to take it recreationally I have to take one every 30 minutes, which I don't advise doing. It starts to taste bad after a while and wear on your gums

I don't know anybody who takes 30mg at once besides myself; a lot of people seem to take 20mg pills staggered, like 3 or 4 a day. That seems pointless to me but everybody's body is different. Sometimes I've taken 15mg (split 30mg down the middle) then 15mg later, but after a couple days it's not enough. Plus it's not really enough for me anyway because it wears off in an hour

Good luck
Thanks bud. Yea they feel way better than the highest dose of vyvanse I’m on. I’m going to try and get prescribed 2 a day and replace my morning vyvanse (as long as it lasts as long)