• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does a short period of buprenorphine use block other opiates?

crashketchum

Bluelighter
Hello, recently I came across three 8mg buprenorphine pills. I did them intranasally in sections for 3 days, coming to a total of 24 mg. Today is my first day I haven?t had any. Prior to this I had no opiate tolerance, they?re just a fad drug where I?m from that someone gave me. I?d like to take some codeine/promethazine cough syrup but I want it to have the full effect, and I know that buprenorphine blocks opiates, so I?d like to know how long I should wait until my receptors aren?t blocked anymore. I couldn?t find any threads on how long short-term use of bupe blocked receptors, only long-term. Any answers are appreciated!

seems to vary depending on the individual; but around 24-36 hrs to be safe.

For future reference, no need to make a new thread, this would have been fine in your other bupe thread. That said, there's a plethora of info about buprenorphine on Bluelight, try using the search engine, it's a wonderful thing.

4 days maybe. 5-7 days will most certainly return you to 95% homeostasis, but it's really anybody's guess and it would be difficult for us to give you answers that you can actually use effectively.