• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long do you think it takes for tolerance to go down to zero, or close to it?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So after 1 month of being off PST, I decided to use one day and god it's hit me hard... I used a whole pound and have maybe 1/5 left and I'm a lil scared of drinking the rest... Tolerance has seriously been reduced, I usually start feeling it after 30 min or so maybe closer to an hour but this time after 15 min I felt it a lot, now 30 min even more.... How long does it take in your experience?

Great way to reward myself, been exercising every day since I quit, running 3-5 miles a day for now 18 days in a row so this is my reward, doing it so sporadically definitely feels a million times better :)

BTW 1 pound even when I had a tolerance was a lot for me, that's 16 oz, I would use 13oz max, and usually used 10oz since I was trying to make it last but now I buy 1lb and don't want anything left so I don't use again

Last edited:
depends on how much and how long youre using, but i find after about a week, or 2 at the most of abstinence my tolerance has dropped to almost zero. if find the longer i use, the quicker my tolerance builds though. so instead of getting high on 1-2 bags of good gear per day for a week, now 1-2 bags per day will only keep getting me nicely high for 3-4 days and then im just using to stay well.

well done on staying off for a month. seriously dude, dont get addicted again! BL cant handle anymore endless threads about your withdrawal haha

I have always imagined that my tolerance goes back to zero shortly after my sleep becomes normal again.

In my limited opiate experience, I watched my tolerance go from 20mg of hydro to 70mg of hydro in about 10 weeks. I realized that this was not heading in a good direction and quit. This was over two years ago.

However, a few weeks ago, my buddy broke his leg and threw me 30mg of hydro and it did not do much of anything. Looks like I might have gained some perma tolerance, even after two years of being opiate free.

Not really that big of deal as I don't really care to start playing with fire again.

depends on the person, and their opiate of choice. Could take weeks, months, or years. The longer youve been abusing them and the harder you've been abusing them, the more likely you fall into the "years" category. Spend that sobriety time re-evaluating whether your life is truly better when you're abusing the fuck out of opiates.

You again? Haha hope you can stick to one pound once a month good luck.

Takes about the same amount of time since your first use to zero your tolerance. So if my first opiate was taken 10 years ago, it'll take me 10 years to be at total zero. \\

It's all speculative but that's about what I've gathered.